Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
This thread is THE source of information on the FP Power Packs...such a great resource, even for seemingly unimportant "facts" like does the air filter/air box get wet? We all know that if you're reading this thread, nothing is unimportant!

I just washed the car in my driveway. Standard garden hose/bucket type wash, but I really soak the car when I wash it by hand. The engine was not ice cold at the time of the wash, but not really hot enough to evaporate any water that got underhood.

After drying the car I popped the hood and checked the air filter and airbox...with a flashlight and touching the filter. Bone dry. Not a drop anywhere.

I did NOT push my luck and shove the garden hose right into the little grill on the driver's side hood vent and spray until the car floated away. I washed the car like normal, no special care.

This was a very happy moment, folks! It's a keeper!
remember i said above.. i have done this water experiment 3 4 times now.. its all good
Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Boys i am from seattle.. and mother nature loves this place with rain.. so don worry abt it.. i have done multiple experiments with it.. water does not go in... until u take a hose do a 40 degreen and shove water inside like full flow.. still only like 20% will go in.
I have the Anderson Composites heat extractor hood. Do you think this would be a problem with the FPP2?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Regarding the TUNE portion of Power Pack 1 and Power Pack 2, has anyone compared the file names between the two, are the tunes different?

I was hoping since I'm running an aftermarket intake (Mishimoto) - which was supposedly designed for stock tunes - and since the only intake change on PP1 is a drop in filter which I doubt truly changes much for flow characteristics, maybe the supposed gains of the intake may stack some with the tune gains of PP1.

Alternatively, could I access the PP2 tune on the Pro-Cal tool and upload that to my PCM, or is it somehow locked and knows what Power Pack level you purchased? I know I'm not going to be running the GT350 throttle body, but I wonder how a PP2 tune would act with an aftermarket intake instead of the GT350 intake.

Just spitting into the wind here, lol.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Could I access the PP2 tune on the Pro-Cal tool and upload that to my PCM, or is it somehow locked and knows what Power Pack level you purchased?
The power packs come with a "voucher number". When you download the tune, that voucher number and the VIN are married. The tune filename includes both the VIN and the ProCal serial number. You can try someone else's file, but there will definitely be a mismatch, and Ford seems smart enough to lock out the upload of a mismatched VIN.

I know I'm not going to be running the GT350 throttle body, but I wonder how a PP2 tune would act with an aftermarket intake instead of the GT350 intake.
PP2 does not use the GT350 intake. PP1 is calibrated for the smaller throttle body.

Sounds like you're wanting a custom tune.

Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The power packs come with a "voucher number". When you download the tune, that voucher number and the VIN are married. The tune filename includes both the VIN and the ProCal serial number. You can try someone else's file, but there will definitely be a mismatch, and Ford seems smart enough to lock out the upload of a mismatched VIN.

PP2 does not use the GT350 intake. PP1 is calibrated for the smaller throttle body.

Sounds like you're wanting a custom tune.
The voucher thing makes sense, I get it. PP2 does use GT350 intake tubing and filter, but not the intake manifold. I guess flow characteristics may change with the 87mm TB.

Yes, custom is obviously the route I'd LIKE to go, but I still have 2-3/4 years left on powertrain warranty. I'll probably go custom not long after that runs out. Of course, yes, I know I'd be playing with fire mismatching PP1 and PP2 tunes when I asked that question. And I'll keep my stock airbox and that K&N filter in case things go wrong with the PP1 and she needs to go in for warranty work...lol.

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
PP3 needs to work with the PMAS No tune required MAF meter. Let that GT3 manifold use its lungs.

OP
OP
BobbyGT

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Info for people with PP1:

[/IMG]

So nothing new or groundbreaking, didn't have any complaints before, but always like to have the most up to date tune.

Last edited:

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the PP2 installed on my 2015 Mustang GT W/ auto. Called FRP to see about flashing the new update. I was told that the new updated firmware is only for Mustangs with a manual transmission. So there is no need to update.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I have the PP2 installed on my 2015 Mustang GT W/ auto. Called FRP to see about flashing the new update. I was told that the new updated firmware is only for Mustangs with a manual transmission. So there is no need to update.
Good to know. That's what I have, and I have no rev hang or other issues.:headbang:

Sponsored

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Very interesting! I wonder why? They probably have a less aggressive tune for those weenie autos. ;) I kid... I kid...

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I'm gonna guess the autos don't suffer from rev hang.

Slightly humorous, but I actually laughed when somebody told me their favorite part of the tune was the no lift shift... In an auto.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I still have no idea what the no lift shift thing is. :eek: Is that slamming the shifter from gear to gear without pulling the clutch in as you shift? The thought of that sorta scares me...

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
I still have no idea what the no lift shift thing is. :eek: Is that slamming the shifter from gear to gear without pulling the clutch in as you shift? The thought of that sorta scares me...
No, It's shifting while having the gas pedal to the metal (full throttle shifting). You don't lift the gas pedal while the "rev hang" holds the engine RPM from hitting the red line.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
No, It's shifting while having the gas pedal to the metal (full throttle shifting). You don't lift the gas pedal while the "rev hang" holds the engine RPM from hitting the red line.
Thanks for the explanation. After 25+ years of driving a stick, in everything from 4 cyl diesels to dually pickups to the Mustang, that will take a lot of getting used to. Definitely not something to do every day if you want your motor and drivetrain to live very long, I would think.
Sponsored