Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So, someone just told me they recently saw the order guide and claim that the 8 inch center screen is now standard and that the digital gauges are an individual add-on that can be added to any trim like the PP. So it will still be possible to get a Premium with analog gauges or a base model with digital. Interesting if true. I asked him if he could share the guide or knew when it would be available but haven't gotten any more responses yet.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
So, someone just told me they recently saw the order guide and claim that the 8 inch center screen is now standard and that the digital gauges are an individual add-on that can be added to any trim like the PP. So it will still be possible to get a Premium with analog gauges or a base model with digital. Interesting if true. I asked him if he could share the guide or knew when it would be available but haven't gotten any more responses yet.
Not sure about their claim since the fleet brochure lists:

"SYNC® with 4.2" color LCD screen in center stack"
and
"SYNC 3 with 8" color LCD capacitive touchscreen with AppLink,® 911 Assist® and 2 smart-charging USB ports (Premium)"

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2018/2018_Mustang.pdf

Sponsored

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
Just to remind everyone...

KEY CHANGES
  • 2018 Mustang offers an EcoBoost and GT model only. V6 is gone.
  • All models get revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars (base suspension improvements said to be on par with the previous optional performance suspension)
  • MagneRide adaptive dampers available on both EcoBoost and GT Performance Packs (will be matched with and tuned for, less spring compared to GT350's MagneRide suspension)
  • 5.0-liter V8 and 2.3-liter EcoBoost will both get power increases (exact HP/TQ increases not yet released). Expect the EcoBoost to receive more torque and the GT to get an increase in both horsepower and torque.
  • Performance Package available on automatic and/or convertible Mustangs (no need to choose anymore)
  • The 2018 Mustang GT gets an updated 5.0-liter Coyote V8 with both port and direct fuel injection which allows Ford to increase the V8's compression ratio from 11.0:1 to 12.0:1.
  • Available six-speed manual transmission for both GT and EcoBoost (with twin-disc clutch and new dual mass flywheel on the Mustang GT)
  • 10-speed optional automatic transmission available for both models - shorter first gear and wider overall gear spread compared to the outgoing auto. Will stay in first gear for extra hard launches. Selecting Sport and Track mode will lock out 10th gear and hold gears for longer
  • GT Performance Package receives Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
  • EcoBoost Performance Package retains Pirelli P-Zeros
  • Mustang GT gets optional active exhaust
  • 10 new wheel designs, 12 in total, including several wheels that are stand-alone options.
  • On sale in North America in Fall 2017
  • Pricing for the base four-cylinder model likely to remain close to the 2017 Mustang EcoBoost $27,095 MSRP while the GT should add approximately $500-$1000 on top of the current $34,095 MSRP.

Cosmetic changes:
  • Refined aerodynamics to reduce coefficient drag and better balance lift at high speeds
  • New headlights with revised boomerang LED shark gills
  • Redesigned front bumper
  • 20mm lowered vented hood
  • Wider front grille
  • New lower rear diffuser with black finish
  • New C-Shaped rear light clusters
  • New decklid wing on Performance Package models

Interior/Technology
  • New 12-inch all-digital instrument cluster with 3 modes (Normal, Sport, Track) replaces analog speedo and tachometer
  • Mustang MyMode with memory function saves favorite drive settings including suspension, steering preferences, active exhaust valve behavior, and other preferences. Selectable with the steering wheel controls and the main gauge display.
  • Track Apps improved to deliver virtual time slips after acceleration runs
  • Pre-Collision Assist with pedestrian detect, distance alert, lane departure warning, lane keeping assist, driver alert system and forward-facing camera
  • Ford SYNC Connect with FordPass to start, lock, unlock and locate your car
  • Center console adds new hand-stitched wrap with contrast stitching and padded knee bolsters
  • Door handles, rings and bezels are finished in aluminum.
  • Restyled seating surfaces feature new patterns and color choices (premium-trim seats get blue or red accent trimming)
  • Instrument panel with updated Mustang badge
  • Optional heated steering wheel
  • New key fob design

Mustang EcoBoost New Features
  • Limited-duration overboost function adds more torque
  • Revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars
  • MagneRide damper technology optional on Performance Package
  • 6-speed manual transmission upgraded for optimal torque
  • New 10-speed automatic transmission for quicker shift times, better low-speed tip-in response and reduced friction losses
  • Standard dual-tip exhaust
  • All-LED front lights including signature lighting, low-beams, turn signals, efficient projector high-beams and available fog lamps.
  • Available performance spoiler

Mustang GT New Features
  • More powerful and revs higher (full details yet to be released)
  • New and revised Coyote 5.0-liter V8 with dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection delivers robust low-end torque, high-rpm power, and improved fuel efficiency. Mustang chief engineer Carl Widmann states that the only truly carryover piece from the current 5.0-liter is the crankshaft.
  • Optional active valve exhaust system with fully variable soundtrack to match entire acceleration range
  • Comparing pre-recorded exhaust sound tracks (at the private event), the valves produce a louder and more metallic snarl across the rpm range
  • Revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars
  • MagneRide damper technology optional on Performance Package
  • 6-speed manual transmission upgraded for optimal torque. Totally redesigned to include twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel to increase torque capability and more efficient clutch modulation (increases compression ratio from 11.0:1 to 12.0:1)
  • New 10-speed automatic transmission for quicker shift times, better low-speed tip-in response and reduced friction losses
  • Standard quad-tip exhaust
  • All-LED front lights including signature lighting, low-beams, turn signals, efficient projector high-beams and available fog lamps.
  • Available performance spoiler
  • GT Performance Package receives Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires

Performance Notes:
  • The GT Performance Pack with MagneRide should be faster than the 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302.

Available Colors:
  • NL Orange Fury (New)
  • R3 Royal Crimson (New)
  • L6 Kona Blue (New)
  • G1 Shadow Black
  • H3 Triple Yellow
  • J7 Magnetic Metallic
  • N6 Lightning Blue
  • PQ Race Red
  • RR Ruby Red Tint
  • UX Ingot Silver
  • YZ Oxford White
CO Jarstang
Well, yeah, but...................

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
Found a couple pilot prod '18s at the NMRA Ford Super Nationals in Columbus, OH on Saturday.

Orange Fury and Kona. OF was at the Ford Performance booth, the KB was snuck in the middle of the car show. Kona had recaros.

Initial thoughts (keep in mind, I am a bit biased because I plan on getting an '18) :D

• Great colors, both look great in the sun.
  • Don't like the groove on the deck lid panel
  • Don't like the tail although my brother liked it a lot.
  • The hood vents are much better looking on my '15. 'nuff said.
  • Front end looks mean. With the headlights it reminds me of an "Eagle"
  • It was the first time that my brother and dad saw the car, and both said "what's new?" I had to point out the differences between my car and the '18. I thought that was interesting.

I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out of the FP tent for trying to get a good pic of the puddle light face (for Zombie's Sticker Shack.) I kept dropping down low on the other side of where the Ford peeps were, like I was trying to hide. :ninja:
Is this Kona Blue or Lighting Blue? It looks too bright for kona and looks darker and deeper than lighting. Almost looks like Deep Impact haha.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Is this Kona Blue or Lighting Blue? It looks too bright for kona and looks darker and deeper than lighting. Almost looks like Deep Impact haha.
*2 on that question. The pictures I have seen have me even more confused now. I will be ordering blind over here and would really like to see the two side by side at some point to help me make a decision.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Eurospec prototype........Ecoboost, but wearing GT PP wheels :)

Its probably because its just a mule, but its interesting to see that there is no faux gas cap in the back (even though the version shown at the Chinese shows, do)

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
*2 on that question. The pictures I have seen have me even more confused now. I will be ordering blind over here and would really like to see the two side by side at some point to help me make a decision.
You know that blue that everyone and their brother gets the new Camaro in? That's pretty much Lightning Blue. Kona is a lot more...sophisticated looking.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Diggin that Red interior. Any more pictures?
No, sorry. :(

We were rushing through the Car Show area to catch eliminations, so when I took the pics I was catching hell from my brother and dad about the mustang fan boy crap. ;)

(Ah, I see Clink hooked you up.)

Last edited:

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You know that blue that everyone and their brother gets the new Camaro in? That's pretty much Lightning Blue. Kona is a lot more...sophisticated looking.
Unfortunately I don't know that Camaro blue as there arent exactly a lot of left hooker blue camaros on the roads here in Scotland.
However, I am leaning towards the more sophisticated colour you mentioned.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Not sure about their claim since the fleet brochure lists:

"SYNC® with 4.2" color LCD screen in center stack"
and
"SYNC 3 with 8" color LCD capacitive touchscreen with AppLink,® 911 Assist® and 2 smart-charging USB ports (Premium)"

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2018/2018_Mustang.pdf
Yeah, disregard my earlier post. They responded and it turns out the person that told me that was just mis-understanding the brochure that's been out for a while and didn't actually see an order guide. :doh:
Sponsored