Sponsored

Minnesota Members

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
Hi guys, Just moved from NJ to Minneapolis. Drove all the way from NJ in my stang which was a lot of fun.

Would love to attend any meets that are happening this summer.
Sponsored

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
I went there, was a good turnout, had fun speaking with some of the owners. One blue EB Premium Convertible and a Avalanche gray GT350 owner to be specific :)

Sponsored

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I went there, was a good turnout, had fun speaking with some of the owners. One blue EB Premium Convertible and a Avalanche gray GT350 owner to be specific :)
The turn out was decent, in the past it has been much busier for some reason.

I was there as well, mine was the orange one with the hood up.

technocrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red EB Premium
The turn out was decent, in the past it has been much busier for some reason.

I was there as well, mine was the orange one with the hood up.
Dang would have liked to meet & talk.

That's my Ruby Red in the pic, I am guessing yours is the one at back, not sure if you can see clearly in this pic but that's the only one where i see an Orange with Hood up.

The Green Coyote was funny haha

Mustang meet1.jpg

IMG_20170604_093632.jpg

Mustang meet12.jpg

Kytann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Looks neat.
I'll go to the one in August. I'd like to do more car related stuff

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I do plan on using my own car! :ford:

So if you don't use the spec race car then they DON'T loan out the equipment? Ok, I must have misunderstood that from their site. That's not very clear.

Any suggestions on a good helmet? :headbang:
They do lend out helmets if you go with your car.

I did that once and it was fine. The helmet was a little smelly but it got me through. No sense buying a helmet unless you know you will be going back.

It's definitely a lot of fun and well worth attending the HPDS at BIR. Having an instructor ride with you can teach you a lot very quickly.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] and others that may be interested. I just found out about this track event at DCTC and signed up to attend.

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1987446-track-night-2017-minneapolis-july-12
Thanks for the note [MENTION=24957]Minn19[/MENTION] I've pretty much sworn off of autocross. I like the driving part of the events, but I've found there's just not enough driving for the time spent. I hate spending 8 hours at an event and getting 8 minutes of actual drive time. Just doesn't do it for me.

It sucks because DCTC is only 5 minutes from my house. I'd love to go there all the time if there was just more actual driving during the events. I did really enjoy the novice training event where there was significantly more driving than a "normal" autocross.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Thanks for the note [MENTION=24957]Minn19[/MENTION] I've pretty much sworn off of autocross. I like the driving part of the events, but I've found there's just not enough driving for the time spent. I hate spending 8 hours at an event and getting 8 minutes of actual drive time. Just doesn't do it for me.

It sucks because DCTC is only 5 minutes from my house. I'd love to go there all the time if there was just more actual driving during the events. I did really enjoy the novice training event where there was significantly more driving than a "normal" autocross.
As near as I can tell it isn't an autocross and is a on track HPDE with two passing zones and three different groups. Here is a link to the course layout. I hope it isn't anyway, I don't mind auto X, but I'm expecting what I just wrote.

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/locations/1984372

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
You talked me into it! I'm going to try to register if there are still any open spots.
Nice, I was going to do the intermediate group. But I chose Novice since a coworker of mine is going and chose that one. Plus you get an extra lead/follow session with the novice group to get familiar with the track.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Nice, I was going to do the intermediate group. But I chose Novice since a coworker of mine is going and chose that one. Plus you get an extra lead/follow session with the novice group to get familiar with the track.
I signed up for the Novice group as well. I'm a novice, so it's where I belong. The extra lead/follow session sounds like a nice bonus. :)
Sponsored