Sponsored

Pictures in Race Mode!!

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Speaking of lawn mowers... this guy stayed in the gas long after the finish line of our autox and ended up in the field of buttercups. Brand new stingray staring down a GT350, my GT and an ecoboost all in a row. The perspective makes it look close, but it really wasn't. Regardless, the dude packed up his stuff and left after this. LOL.
DSC_2558_sml.JPG
Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thank you. I sort of figured it was technique / feel related but wanted to ask anyway. It is honestly the one thing that keeps me from taking my car to a track event. I have none and would be concerned about my adrenaline rush.

Side note, and I understand it was a oops moment, but the pictures are nice. Also a very balanced look with regards to your car.
This is how you learn at the track, no one ever wants to go off but it you never push hard enough too go off you will never learn. This particular time was flat and simple driver error. I could blame it on the moist surface, the shifter, and so on but it was my fault. This particular track allows for a much larger margin of error than most and as a result I push my skills much closer to the limit there, more than any other track I drive.

Do not worry about the perfect heal/toe right now, I tracked for a year or so before I ever even tried to heal/toe my downshifts. It is a needed skill once you start to run harder but not as a novice. We tell all the students to focus on braking, turn in, mirrors, and throttle control long before we worry about learning to heal/toe. If you really have no desire to learn how to do it there are several devices that can be added to your car to do the throttle blip part for you so you have one less thing to worry about.

Dave

[ame]

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just wait til the end...

[ame]

Full Disclaimer: I am a student of the track, far from perfect.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The track manager at the track I go to has a great saying he always brings up at the drivers meeting:

Better to have a good off than a bad save.

Think about it ;-)

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I have never seen an Accord Euro on the race track!
Haha, yeah. Here in the states we call it a TSX. He had some snippy comments last season.

He's a skilled driver with hardware to back it up (forged wheels, decent tires/brakes and driver mod).
Clearly his lack of situational awareness got him there though.

All good though, Some Ag work never hurt anything/anyone and we all learned from the event.

On to the next one...

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
The guy shooting photos that day just happened to be in the perfect position to catch my mistake, I have about 6 pics in progression from the incident. I also had a guy in a ZL1 behind me with a GoPro on his front bumper looking forward and have the entire thing on video.

My in car video tells the story best and explains my further hatred of the MT82 shifter. Turn one is a fast 85 mph right hander and just before turn in I brake and downshift from 5th to 4th, after several tries to get it in gear the engine revs had fallen well below the needed rev match for 4th gear, released the clutch and the rear went sideways. I caught the slide but by them I was going inside the apex curbing and onto the wet grass. I got right back on track and did not even get passed in the process. Made for some great photos.

Dave
They don't seem to like the downshift. I thought I was going to break it at Daytona, going from 6th to 5th was a waste of time. I just stood on the brakes until I could drop it in 4th...except the one time I dropped it into second :headbonk: entering the horseshoe...caught it (Advance Track FTW)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Did an Auto-X with a local car club yesterday at Sonoma Airport. Ended up being third in class and second fastest Mustang.
ESCA%20AutoX%20061117_2.jpg

ESCA%20AutoX%20061117_1.jpg

ESCA%20AutoX%20061117_3.jpg

ESCA%20AutoX%20061117_4.jpg

ESCA%20AutoX%20061117_5.jpg