Sponsored

Pictures in Race Mode!!

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Memphis 2017

Few shots of the magnet... was raining on Friday, but that didn't stop us from seeing what the tires could do. As things dried up, we got less sideways. Mostly. :lol:
(white helmet = me, dark helmet = my Pops)

Did AX, road course and made 1 drag strip pass (12.69@113 blah). Great event!

BTW, the RE-71 tires did just fine in the rain, though they are new. Much less sketchy than the Direzzas were on my Focus, but maybe not as good as Eagle F1 or the stock Pirellis.
DSC_1996_sml.JPG
DSC_2002_sml.JPG
DSC_2009_sml.JPG
DSC_2775_sml.JPG
DSC_2527_sml.JPG
IMG_20170512_140339_sml.jpg
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Few shots of me in Daytona

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
This was from a little while ago at Waterford Hills.

Sealed the deal on the Pirelli's got almost 18k and two track days at Waterford out of them.
44-1.jpg

Last edited:

job

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Capri, 85 Audi, 2005 Dodge 2500,2017 GTPP
Thunderhill last weekend

Nothing exciting, but track time is always good.
GBMB0460.jpg
GBMB1796.jpg
GBMB8969.jpg

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Here are a few from last weekend at Putnam Park, first day first session the track was covered in fog, made for some great pictures. The moist track and next two sessions being wet made for another interesting picture.
Driving in a cloud.jpg
Chased by the Boss.jpg
Exceeding track limits.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Great shots and it looks like a great time as well! AG work is all apart of the learning process. We've all been there. ;)

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Great shots and it looks like a great time as well! AG work is all apart of the learning process. We've all been there. ;)
The guy shooting photos that day just happened to be in the perfect position to catch my mistake, I have about 6 pics in progression from the incident. I also had a guy in a ZL1 behind me with a GoPro on his front bumper looking forward and have the entire thing on video.

My in car video tells the story best and explains my further hatred of the MT82 shifter. Turn one is a fast 85 mph right hander and just before turn in I brake and downshift from 5th to 4th, after several tries to get it in gear the engine revs had fallen well below the needed rev match for 4th gear, released the clutch and the rear went sideways. I caught the slide but by them I was going inside the apex curbing and onto the wet grass. I got right back on track and did not even get passed in the process. Made for some great photos.

Dave

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
After at most two tries, you probably should have just pushed it back into 5th and thrown away the corner. Chugged through it and recovered afterward.

Norm

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
The guy shooting photos that day just happened to be in the perfect position to catch my mistake, I have about 6 pics in progression from the incident. I also had a guy in a ZL1 behind me with a GoPro on his front bumper looking forward and have the entire thing on video.

My in car video tells the story best and explains my further hatred of the MT82 shifter. Turn one is a fast 85 mph right hander and just before turn in I brake and downshift from 5th to 4th, after several tries to get it in gear the engine revs had fallen well below the needed rev match for 4th gear, released the clutch and the rear went sideways. I caught the slide but by them I was going inside the apex curbing and onto the wet grass. I got right back on track and did not even get passed in the process. Made for some great photos.

Dave
Out of curiosity what or how do you know the engine rev fall off vs engine need and gear with rear breaking. Educational point of view (I do not track my car).

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Out of curiosity what or how do you know the engine rev fall off vs engine need and gear with rear breaking. Educational point of view (I do not track my car).
Its something you just get a feel for after 20 years of tracking and working on heal/toe technique. You usually have so much going on between brake point, downshift, turn-in point, trail braking, apex, feeding in the throttle, and tracking out that if one thing does not work out you can adjust but when multiple things are out of sequence you rarely have time to adjust.

Another tip is I never skip a gear when doing a downshift. I do it this way because it is easier on the engine and the trans synchronizers to run up and down the gear box hitting every gear than it is to jump around but the main reason is the throttle blips are very consistent when you only go one gear down at a time. It is easier to learn the amount of throttle input to apply because it is nearly the same every time.

Dave

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
After at most two tries, you probably should have just pushed it back into 5th and thrown away the corner. Chugged through it and recovered afterward.

Norm
Yes in hindsight you are right, but in real time it all happens so fast. I'm just glad i caught it and was able to get through the corner without messing anyone else up.

Dave
Mow the grass FAST.jpg

Last edited:

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Its something you just get a feel for after 20 years of tracking and working on heal/toe technique. You usually have so much going on between brake point, downshift, turn-in point, trail braking, apex, feeding in the throttle, and tracking out that if one thing does not work out you can adjust but when multiple things are out of sequence you rarely have time to adjust.

Another tip is I never skip a gear when doing a downshift. I do it this way because it is easier on the engine and the trans synchronizers to run up and down the gear box hitting every gear than it is to jump around but the main reason is the throttle blips are very consistent when you only go one gear down at a time. It is easier to learn the amount of throttle input to apply because it is nearly the same every time.

Dave
Thank you. I sort of figured it was technique / feel related but wanted to ask anyway. It is honestly the one thing that keeps me from taking my car to a track event. I have none and would be concerned about my adrenaline rush.

Side note, and I understand it was a oops moment, but the pictures are nice. Also a very balanced look with regards to your car.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Yes in hindsight you are right, but in real time it all happens so fast. I'm just glad i caught it and was able to get through the corner without messing anyone else up.

Dave

[MENTION=20846]ddozier[/MENTION], your car looks great on track man!
Sponsored