Sponsored

Procharger Stage 2 or Whipple Stage 2

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
There are a LOT of people that post under "personal" accounts their thoughts on the products their companies make.... without telling anyone they work there. Which drives me a little nutty.

But yes, I do like our blowers... however, I LOVE anything that peels out! :)
you talking about bananas?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think my verdict would be Procharger. Just more gradual power delivery as well as longevity. Ease of install and cheaper price. Gonna wait till deals come up and get me some 6xxwhp fun.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I think my verdict would be Procharger. Just more gradual power delivery as well as longevity. Ease of install and cheaper price. Gonna wait till deals come up and get me some 6xxwhp fun.
We have a price increase coming...

So I would say, call one of the dealers that sponsor this forum.
And get your system coming. :) Before the pricing takes effect.

Dead honest

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Totally agree.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I have had everything under the sun.... so no wondering here.
A 2.9 FF Whipple? I'd love a black PC. My red Whipple should arrive soon. Thankful to have either one of these products!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
A 2.9 FF Whipple? I'd love a black PC. My red Whipple should arrive soon. Thankful to have either one of these products!
Why yes my friend...

Let's put it this way, I like cars...
I just can't seem to own one for more then months at a time.
We added up just how many Fox Body Mustangs alone I have owned.
(15) of them... one brand, one body style. LOL.

I have a bad habit, and my GF thinks I am crazy.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Bet she's got more shoes!
Lord does she ever... but I swear I only see her wear "chucks" lol.
But then again, I bet she thinks I only own black t-shirts. LOL

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
:doh: every post in here about centris is how they make the same power above 4k so I don't follow the "gradual power delivery" comment, it should feel exactly the same.

One thing not really discussed is the noise factor, specifically with the bypass on the centris. P1 is fine, D1 is ok up to a point, once you get up in psi and rpm, they need a bigger bypass. F series just forget it, literally sounds like you're sitting behind a jet plane on a runway ready for takeoff at all rpms. I couldn't even hear my own horn when I would run someone. Some people LOVE the sound, some people hate it. To me it was akin to a extremely droney exhaust, I had a headache after more than an hour's drive and no one enjoyed being in the car for any length of time.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
:doh: every post in here about centris is how they make the same power above 4k so I don't follow the "gradual power delivery" comment, it should feel exactly the same.

One thing not really discussed is the noise factor, specifically with the bypass on the centris. P1 is fine, D1 is ok up to a point, once you get up in psi and rpm, they need a bigger bypass. F series just forget it, literally sounds like you're sitting behind a jet plane on a runway ready for takeoff at all rpms. I couldn't even hear my own horn when I would run someone. Some people LOVE the sound, some people hate it. To me it was akin to a extremely droney exhaust, I had a headache after more than an hour's drive and no one enjoyed being in the car for any length of time.
100% depends on what bypass valve your using, and what you do with the air its venting..... OMG my open red race valve is obnoxious! Well ya duh. you want quieter get the closed valve put a tube on it, and route it back into the inlet on the blower.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
100% depends on what bypass valve your using, and what you do with the air its venting..... OMG my open red race valve is obnoxious! Well ya duh. you want quieter get the closed valve put a tube on it, and route it back into the inlet on the blower.
Yep couldn't agree more, I put on an enclosed, tried a filter on it, helped a little, but then after lifting at 66-6700rpms throttle was hanging open since the enclosed wasn't flowing enough and relieving all the excess air. We put on a second enclosed, fixed that problem, then rerouted to the intake and I watched my cruising IATs sky rocket up 20-30* over ambient. Rerouted bypasses have a cost.

All things to think about and consider. And yea SolarFlare it is def a sound you either love or hate. I liked the sound a lot, but my brain and passengers did not.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Yep couldn't agree more, I put on an enclosed, tried a filter on it, helped a little, but then after lifting at 66-6700rpms throttle was hanging open since the enclosed wasn't flowing enough and relieving all the excess air. We put on a second enclosed, fixed that problem, then rerouted to the intake and I watched my cruising IATs sky rocket up 20-30* over ambient. Rerouted bypasses have a cost.

All things to think about and consider. And yea SolarFlare it is def a sound you either love or hate. I liked the sound a lot, but my brain and passengers did not.
What blower on what engine? Sounds like a ton of surplus boost. Shouldnt affect the IAT's at all unless IAT sensor pre intercooler.
Sponsored