What to do before supercharger??

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Hey guys pretty new to the forum and just got a 17 gt premium PP. I've had it a few weeks and I'm getting started on mods. So far a few cosmetics and I ordered a 3" corsa sport catback,BMR springs, and BMR cradle lockouts. Im planning on putting a roush stage 2 supercharger closer to the end of the year or beginning of next year. I'm not planning on doing and engine mods before the supercharger install. So my question is...where should I focus my upgrades on?? Driveshaft? More suspension upgrades? I've searched the forums for the answers I'm looking for with no luck and may have overlooked the post so I apologize if I'm asking a previously answered question. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Hey guys pretty new to the forum and just got a 17 gt premium PP. I've had it a few weeks and I'm getting started on mods. So far a few cosmetics and I ordered a 3" corsa sport catback,BMR springs, and BMR cradle lockouts. Im planning on putting a roush stage 2 supercharger closer to the end of the year or beginning of next year. I'm not planning on doing and engine mods before the supercharger install. So my question is...where should I focus my upgrades on?? Driveshaft? More suspension upgrades? I've searched the forums for the answers I'm looking for with no luck and may have overlooked the post so I apologize if I'm asking a previously answered question. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
if you are having a shop do the supercharger installation, save up for oil pump gears and timing gear. if you are doing the installation yourself, start with OPG/CG as that will make you intimately familiar with taking the manifold off.

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
Well, you may want to have the motor cracked open and put oil pump gears in it. If your gonna get crazy with the HP you may want to do the crank and timing gears as well.

Lots of threads on the subject of the gears, but there are simply too many guys with blown motors to ignore this needs to be done.

After that, the rear end subframe moves way to much with factory HP. I put the full Steeda works to mine and it hooks and handles much better now.

Unless you're gonna run slicks, the half shafts and drive shaft should be fine.

This is all stuff I have read on these forums from people who know a lot more than me. They will have more to add I am sure.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
if you are having a shop do the supercharger installation, save up for oil pump gears and timing gear. if you are doing the installation yourself, start with OPG/CG as that will make you intimately familiar with taking the manifold off.
I'm having a shop install so I'll make sure I get that sorted out at the time of the install.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
What do you use the car for? Will you put the car on a track? What are your power goals? E85 or 93?

Depending on above, If you will be hard on the car definitely do OPG/CG. Everything aside from OPG/CG will depend on the questions above.
The only stock drivetrain parts on my car are long block-OPG/CG and rear end. Mods are in my sig. Im not saying you need all of this but I will eventually try to max out my Whipple. I also 1/4 and 1/2 mile my car.

Ps, once you decide on the power adder, read every thread you can on it.

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Unless you're gonna run slicks, the half shafts and drive shaft should be fine.
No drag radials either. Actually worse with the 6sp than with slicks.

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
I'm not planning on ever racing the car. Just my sunny weekend driver. I have a heavy foot and like speed but I don't think I'm too rough on my stuff. But if I did decide to run it later I would want to make sure I'm set up for it. I don't want to try and save a couple dollars up front to cost me a pile more money down the road

Last edited:

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
Tires and wheels. I have a Ford Performance Roush Stage 1, and trust me, stock tires will not work. Wheels with a proper offset will look fantastic, and you need 305 or 315 on the rears. I have Nitto 555r tires in 305/35/20 and love them. Some friends really like the toyo 888 tire. With the power, you will get wheel spin and that my friend means wheel hop. So I recommend doing lowering springs too. I daily drive my car and wanted to maintain the stock ride quality. I went with the Ford Performance street springs. Beautiful stance and weight transfers nicely. I put the steeds GTrac k brace too because I lost the support of the upper k brace and strut tower brace. I don't have any wheel hop, and it still handles great. You will be surprised at how much power your car will put out. Stock tires = 3rd gear wheel spins. If you're into drifting, keep the stock tires. That's a few things I did before my SC.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't want to try and save a couple dollars up front to cost me a pile more money down the road
good luck then! :cheers:

OP
OP
Saywhen

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Haha I should rephrase that...I dont want to skip something then have to add it later on down the line to try and get out cheap in the beginning

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Haha I should rephrase that...I dont want to skip something then have to add it later on down the line to try and get out cheap in the beginning
think depends on goals and usage.. gonna just daily drive it? or put it on slicks and abuse it at the track? going to be raising the rev limiter? going to leave roush tune in it? going to push it to the limit?

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if youre just gonna be driving it around on the street, go with the OPG/CG and then general stuff that roush or whoever you go with says to do. unless you plan on putting sticky tires on the car id not worry about halfshafts. driveshaft isnt an issue on these cars as the center section doesnt move.

a bigger set of wheels and tires to help put some of the power down is key. on my car at anything less than 40mph it is spin city. if its 50 or 60 it is a crapshoot depending on roads. at 60 or so it hooks and flys.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
OPG/TS.. Better tires.. Then whatever you feel like you want to buy from there.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Seems like one common suggestion is to get wider tires. I see reference to guys still not being able to hook in 1st or 2nd (talking manual transmission) gear even with wider tires once they go FI. For street tires is this somewhat true or not? Does going 305 or 315 in the rear mean you most always hook on the street with street tires in 1st and 2nd?

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like one common suggestion is to get wider tires. I see reference to guys still not being able to hook in 1st or 2nd (talking manual transmission) gear even with wider tires once they go FI. For street tires is this somewhat true or not? Does going 305 or 315 in the rear mean you most always hook on the street with street tires in 1st and 2nd?
hell no. im on a 305 NT555g2 with an AUTO and i barely hook at 40-50

[ame]
Sponsored