Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
That seems like an excessive amount of time. We do "run out" often, but usually have new batches finished within a few days.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with your information and I can look into it.
Thanks. I cancelled the order with AM and ordered direct from you guys with the Christmas discount :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks for the support!

Welcome to TeamCB005!

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So will I need an alignment after installing it if paired with the Steeda subframe alignment kit?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I traveled to Goliad,Tx. from Seadrift,Tx. and the evaluation is: No noise, no vibration, little more harsh ride. That's it little harsher ride and I can handle that for the very improved handling. I feel coilovers will help the harshness a lot. I am looking at H&R coilover No alignment needed as the parts don't use the alignment bolts for install, so says my mechanic.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I too got this for christmas from my wife and put it in today. I really like the changes it's made while driving. Really planted ride, much more stable in turn and seems to make drifting corners more controllable.

It did give me some more noise, both inside the cabin, say 15% more driveline noise (not a problem), but also seems to have some thunking on low speed bumps. No noises at all when hustling the car though. I put it up again, loosened everything, including my rear shock mounts, sway mounts, end links and brake line brackets. Then re-tightened everything to spec and it's still there. I'm trying to decide how to proceed with my car. Every single mod i've done was supposed to have no noise, and my car, both front and rear sound like a POS lol.

Rear parts: Version 1 Handling springs, Eibach front and rear sway bars, bar camber bolts and CB005.

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
I too got this for christmas from my wife and put it in today. I really like the changes it's made while driving. Really planted ride, much more stable in turn and seems to make drifting corners more controllable.

It did give me some more noise, both inside the cabin, say 15% more driveline noise (not a problem), but also seems to have some thunking on low speed bumps. No noises at all when hustling the car though. I put it up again, loosened everything, including my rear shock mounts, sway mounts, end links and brake line brackets. Then re-tightened everything to spec and it's still there. I'm trying to decide how to proceed with my car. Every single mod i've done was supposed to have no noise, and my car, both front and rear sound like a POS lol.

Rear parts: Version 1 Handling springs, Eibach front and rear sway bars, bar camber bolts and CB005.
I wonder if the cradle is off at all now? I was actually just reading about the Steeda alignment kit that works with the CB005 and contemplating getting it to help eliminate any cradle alignment issues. I too wanted this kit and thought that there was supposed to no weird vibrations, could be wrong though.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6

My CB005 did increase noise for me as well but remember, every performance oriented mod comes at a cost. Reducing deflection in the rear by more solidly mounting the cradle will increase noise. IMHO the CB005 adds the LEAST amount of noise of all of the rear cradle options and it greatly increased the drive-ability of my stang!! Well worth the noise!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah it will increase the volume of impacts some, but the handling benefits are so worth it.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I wonder if the cradle is off at all now? I was actually just reading about the Steeda alignment kit that works with the CB005 and contemplating getting it to help eliminate any cradle alignment issues. I too wanted this kit and thought that there was supposed to no weird vibrations, could be wrong though.
Its slightly off to the passenger side but very hard to tell, I'd be surprised if it was more than 1/4".

My CB005 did increase noise for me as well but remember, every performance oriented mod comes at a cost. Reducing deflection in the rear by more solidly mounting the cradle will increase noise. IMHO the CB005 adds the LEAST amount of noise of all of the rear cradle options and it greatly increased the drive-ability of my stang!! Well worth the noise!
Yeah I'm pretty pleased with the change in performance.

Yeah it will increase the volume of impacts some, but the handling benefits are so worth it.
I'm fine with that, it's the low speed noises I'm not in love with. More time and dry roads will help.

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
Well it looks like there will be some noises but you guys say it's not that bad so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Have any of you guys used that Steeda alignment kit that works with the CB005? I'm wondering if I should purchase it or is it a waste of money?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Installed mine today. Was very easy to do. Found it slightly easier than doing the rear lower control arm relocation brackets on the 05-14s. Modified the Steeda Alignment inserts to fit with the CB005 as well. Took an inch off, they were very easy being they were delrin. Took it for a little drive afterwards but didn't really notice any NVH or anything. Of course I also had installed SLP axlebacks so that could be why. lol Everything feels more planted and solid in the rear. Will need to drive around a little more for my final thoughts on it.

Cutting the insert:
31527464590_fc2391d635_c.jpg

31060230174_862ac0e2eb_c.jpg

Installed:
31863086606_b85cc54e32_c.jpg

31863086276_879e36b46e_c.jpg

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
NVH is very subjective.

Not only is it very subjective, but all cars are different.

The CB005 is designed to be a VERY low, to NO NVH gain modification.

On my 2016 GTPP...I picked up zero audible NVH increase. It was my first mod with the car bone stock. Sharp changes in surface are more noticed...but gear whine and road noise (noise overall) did not increase enough for me to notice.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.