Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
^ As mentioned above, it is so easy....I don't think many people could mess it up even if they tried.

If the part is on the car, it is good.
Sponsored

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
I ordered mine via American Muscle on November 7th. Still hasn't shipped. AM hasn't been very communicative, but they told me they were waiting on them to be powder coated at BMR. I've heard from others that there is a shortage of supplies. What's going on with these?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Just cancel the order and get it from LMR. AM did the same thing to me too. Canceled and got my money back. Ordered from LMR and got it two days later.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I installed yesterday and the upgrade is very noticeable! Thank's BMR & J&M.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine via American Muscle on November 7th. Still hasn't shipped. AM hasn't been very communicative, but they told me they were waiting on them to be powder coated at BMR. I've heard from others that there is a shortage of supplies. What's going on with these?
That seems like an excessive amount of time. We do "run out" often, but usually have new batches finished within a few days.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with your information and I can look into it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Kelly -

Question regarding your CB005 brace design (or kit in general). As I was perusing the classifieds on this site, I saw in the suspension section someone selling "SR Performance IRS tie downs". Upon opening the post, the tie downs look exactly like your braces in the CB005 kit.

So out of curiosity, googling "SR Performance" led to other Mustang sites with forum posts by users questioning the "who" and "why" SR Performance seems to offer very similar products, nearly almost identical copies of well known vendors (all, not just your Co.), at lower prices. One mention was that "SR Performance" is an American Muscle brand (exclusively their own "brand").

Is this true? Or has someone copied your design? Or is SR Performance and BMR somehow one in the same, but also sold under the SR name/brand?

Not trying to stir up anything at all; I believe it's a legitimate question, observation and thanks in advance for any further info. If this topic has been hashed out previously, sorry for bringing it back up and please point me to the proper thread or link for further reading.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Very good question.

The only things I can say about that are:

-We do NOT make the SR Tiedown Kit, nor were we involved in it in ANY way

-The kit DOES indeed look like almost an exact COPY of our CB005...except they use box tube instead of round tube on the front arms. All of the other components, I am willing to bet were replicated with our components on site / in their hands.

-SR does not manufacture products. So, my best guess is that they use a company for their fabricated products, and whatever company that is...replicated our part, and pitched it to them. Known companies to do this type of thing are Shiftteck, Granatelli and a few others I will not share.

Hope that helps!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Very good question.

The only things I can say about that are:

-We do NOT make the SR Tiedown Kit, nor were we involved in it in ANY way

-The kit DOES indeed look like almost an exact COPY of our CB005...except they use box tube instead of round tube on the front arms. All of the other components, I am willing to bet were replicated with our components on site / in their hands.

-SR does not manufacture products. So, my best guess is that they use a company for their fabricated products, and whatever company that is...replicated our part, and pitched it to them. Known companies to do this type of thing are Shiftteck, Granatelli and a few others I will not share.

Hope that helps!
The hilarious part is that, even though it's a brazen copy, it's no cheaper than the BMR on American Muscle!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks for the super quick reply and the detailed response.

It's a shame that someone can literally steal your design and turn around and make money off of something that was not theirs. What folks don't realize is it took you time to create the initial design, rigorous testing of initial design, revisions of design to final design, procurement of quality material, labor hours, craftsmanship, marketing the product to retailers and lots of expenses just for you to bring an awesome product to market.

Thanks Kelly!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it is indeed unfortunate.

We spent over 6 months perfecting the design before releasing it to the public.

That is how this industry works though. The good news is, we have found that being innovators and leading the way works well for us and puts us on the position we aim to be in, in the market.

It is no different than our 2005-2014 Mustang parts. We were WAY ahead of our competition in that segment (and still are) - and all these years later companies are still trying their best to change their designs to be closer to ours. As a matter of fact, a company on this forum changed their pan-hard bar design to mimic ours 10 years later, after saying for years our design was "weak". LMAO

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Gonna be a fun Christmas and New Year break! Have a few other things to install as well. Also probably should have installed these when I did the springs a few weeks ago, oh well.. lol

31459666920_4e8f21b364_c.jpg

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
My install was very easy for an ASE certified mech who had never seen this upgrade. And the corner apex does not upset the car at all now. Running through the twisty's to Goliad,Tx. from the coastal bend today for another test.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.