Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would have given my left kidney to be 6'6 in high school/college.
Being this tall makes for challenges, such as everything being too low (all counters, door handles, desks, seats not having enough lower thigh support (germans are good about doing this with their extendable lower seat sections) and the back portion hitting me in all the wrong places. Having to watch your head almost everywhere and it makes clothes shopping difficult, and expensive too. Being a car guy, physically fitting in vehicles is difficult. It impacts every decision. I'd love to pick up a corvette C6Z or C7 GS but even with floor mounting a race seat, I just don't fit.

I really am thankful that the s550 is so large. I have tons of leg room, when racing I actually scoot the seat up about 2", the steering wheel telescopes toward me very far, and the seats for a stock vehicle are the most comfortable I've every sat in (cloth base). I'd take an extra 2" of headroom and 2" of thigh support but thats just an ideal situation. It has great shoulder and knee room. I can fit with a helmet on reasonably comfortable too. I'll eventually get a corbeau seat to lower it 2" to aid in ultimate racing posture, but that's once it's less of a daily driver.

I love this car, was just hoping the SS 1LE would provide an "off the shelf" racer with a similar interior size to the s550. NUPE.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Being this tall makes for challenges, such as everything being too low (all counters, door handles, desks, seats not having enough lower thigh support (germans are good about doing this with their extendable lower seat sections) and the back portion hitting me in all the wrong places. Having to watch your head almost everywhere and it makes clothes shopping difficult, and expensive too. Being a car guy, physically fitting in vehicles is difficult. It impacts every decision. I'd love to pick up a corvette C6Z or C7 GS but even with floor mounting a race seat, I just don't fit.

I really am thankful that the s550 is so large. I have tons of leg room, when racing I actually scoot the seat up about 2", the steering wheel telescopes toward me very far, and the seats for a stock vehicle are the most comfortable I've every sat in (cloth base). I'd take an extra 2" of headroom and 2" of thigh support but thats just an ideal situation. It has great shoulder and knee room. I can fit with a helmet on reasonably comfortable too. I'll eventually get a corbeau seat to lower it 2" to aid in ultimate racing posture, but that's once it's less of a daily driver.

I love this car, was just hoping the SS 1LE would provide an "off the shelf" racer with a similar interior size to the s550. NUPE.
People thing I'm dumping on the Camaros interior space. when I say it was to cramped for me and my head was crush against the roof of my loaded 2SS with sun roof with a helmet on. Hell my head hit the roof during normal driving without a helmet. Being a large framed 6,4 270. I can relate. Me and the wife thought long and hard about a Challenger. It offers the best head room and interior space.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
People thing I'm dumping on the Camaros interior space. when I say it was to cramped for me and my head was crush against the roof of my loaded 2SS with sun roof with a helmet on. Hell my head hit the roof during normal driving without a helmet. Being a large framed 6,4 270. I can relate. Me and the wife thought long and hard about a Challenger. It offers the best head room and interior space.
6th Gen is even smaller. I fit reasonably well in the 5th Gens without a sunroof, just terrible visibility. Challengers are just cool, like their looks just terrible for what I do with cars.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
A generation ahead?

I apologize for needed to leave so this nonsense is permitted.

A generation ahead wouldn't need 11 total sub-frame connector groups to keep the chassis from twisting. Spoiler alert, It won't stop chassis flex.

Put it to you this way. If Chevy is too ashamed to release the structural data on the Camaro's Alpha, something is wrong.

11 sub frame connections should have been a warning.

Pushrod? The MacP struts up front?

It may be a car for this generation but it isn't ahead of anything.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So I didn't recall seeing a single 2016 SS in three days at Daytona at one of the most popular events of the year....190+ Registered Cars. Weird.
It's because there a super car :lol: there special and rare, rare because no one is buying them. :lol:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
It's because there a super car :lol: there special and rare, rare because no one is buying them. :lol:
There is a place. Like over there. They're is the contraction of they are. I really do not understand why that is so hard to get lol. I think just as many people are. calling the ZL1 a super car as a 350. The fifth gen sold more, but the sixth gen is a far superior car. The problem is the packaging and price.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
There is a place. Like over there. They're is the contraction of they are. I really do not understand why that is so hard to get lol. I think just as many people are. calling the ZL1 a super car as a 350. The fifth gen sold more, but the sixth gen is a far superior car. The problem is the packaging and price.
:cheers: When they show up at the track I will respect. Until then they are like Unicorns and money trees.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This is a rivalry that will go on for as long as both cars are made. In the end I've owned Camaros and now I own a Mustang, and both cars have their place. The 6G Camaro is nice. I think our 6G mustangs are nice too. As far as performance, stock for stock is boring. These cars are basically factory rice and they're made to mod, just look at all the dealer options for scoops, stripes, etc... Hell my dealer was trying to convince me to buy mods (exhaust, headers, superchargers, etc...) for them to install and was chasing me around the showroom with parts catalogs.

We can talk stock vs. stock numbers all day long and compare runs magazines or pro/good drivers made on the track. However in reality if we're talking stock mustang vs stock camaro on the street we're most likely talking about a driver's race and who's got stickier tires. Hell I've seen klutzes in Z06s lose to stock mustangs on the street because they miss gears every freaking time. However most of us who go to the track and who may indulge in an actual street run and not just a single gear pull against a car through traffic, probably aren't bone stock. Once we're past stock both platforms can make sick numbers if done right, I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Personally I feel much more at home in the 6G Mustang, I think the Camaro is just that much more boy racer-ey in it's styling. For me Camaros ended with the 4th gen, I just never felt at home in the 5th. Now looking at the 6th I feel no better about it. Those huge vertically swollen hips of the Camaro just don't appeal to me anymore. Of course I certainly don't look like a rocket scientist in my Mustang either, especially not with the 3.73 gearing that makes the Corsa Xtreme scream like a banshee even under normal light to light driving. Of course the whining supercharger doesn't help smarten me up any either. Despite all that, ultimately the Mustang feels more grown up, like she and I are up to some serious driving business. Plus I can see out of the fucking thing.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Now we have a English teacher:lol: I see the camaro spoke as a super car using those words all the time especially in gm adds for the car I have never seen the Mustang or GT350 referred to as a super car

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Last weekend I looked at some Camaros in the local dealer's lot. They look good. I think they are better looking in person than in photos. I haven't really been impressed with the car in photos at all. The rear doesn't look as bad in person either, in my opinion. I hope to drive one next spring and see what they are like. -12F this morning and the roads are crappy, so I wouldn't learn much driving one of them right now. I love american muscle cars and while I'm a Ford guy I wouldn't rule out possibly buying a future Camaro or Challenger. After all the hype I really want to experience the new car for myself. I will probably try to drive an SS and a V8 1LE both.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Ever since finding this thread I just look at my Mustang at disgust. I feel like I own a prehistoric model T chassis. My whole car feels so obsolete compared to the space-age technology used in the 6th generation Camaro. If great leader of North Korea were to choose a car, he would definitely choose Camaro for it's all mighty power.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Ever since finding this thread I just look at my Mustang at disgust. I feel like I own a prehistoric model T chassis. My whole car feels so obsolete compared to the space-age technology used in the 6th generation Camaro. If great leader of North Korea were to choose a car, he would definitely choose Camaro for it's all mighty power.
:lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
So I didn't recall seeing a single 2016 SS in three days at Daytona at one of the most popular events of the year....190+ Registered Cars. Weird.
You fool! You didn't go to the Super Car Daytona event. That is the one with the F50, Enzo, Veyron, Koenigsegg one and Camaro SS.

:ford:
Sponsored