Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I would have agreed with you but having to drop another $2500cnd for a corsa cat back kind of sucks when you just forked over a bunch of money for a new car. The camaro has a $900cnd dual mode option and that gets rolled into your payments. Not to mention having the ability to quietly leave the house in the morning is a nice bonus.

If the GT has this option for a similar price point I almost certainly will be checking that box!!
I guess this is an option I would choose according to cost...if it's less than 1k, I think it's definitely worth it.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It's probably me but I never understood people's obsession with loud exhaust systems. I think the stock exhaust on the new GT is perfect.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's probably me but I never understood people's obsession with loud exhaust systems. I think the stock exhaust on the new GT is perfect.
You cannot hear the stock exhaust with the windows open unless you're parked and revving. It's very, very quiet. All the noise you hear inside the car is induction/engine sound. I say this as someone who is not hard of hearing, as well.

Ford should've gotten rid of the stupid sound tube and made the stock mufflers just a bit louder (that's free when you're designing them) to save money and improve the acoustics overall.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
You cannot hear the stock exhaust with the windows open unless you're parked and revving. It's very, very quiet. All the noise you hear inside the car is induction/engine sound. I say this as someone who is not hard of hearing, as well.

Ford should've gotten rid of the stupid sound tube and made the stock mufflers just a bit louder (that's free when you're designing them) to save money and improve the acoustics overall.
If they used the gt500 design, that would absolutely perfect! :hail:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Have you even heard a good sounding V8 with a great aftermarket exhaust? It's the difference between a man and a boy. I'm not talking ear splitting loud. There's different volumes and levels for everyone.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Loud exhausts aren't for everyone, and that's fine. But the stock gt exhaust could stand to be a little bit louder. As long as you keep the resonator, most axleback exhausts are fairly tame while giving the car a little more growl.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If they used the gt500 design, that would absolutely perfect! :hail:
Yes, it would be just about perfect stock with the 11-12 GT500 muffler design while keeping the resonator. Everyone has a different taste, but the stock mufflers on this car are crap and far too quiet. To be fair, the above would be too quiet for me now that I've played around a bit and know what I like/don't like and can live with, but it wouldn't be like it is now where so many are immediately ditching it. Even the 11-14 GT was a little louder stock.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Lava Red will never return. Whatever they used to create the pigment that went into creating this color was destroyed in the big Japanese earthquake a few years ago.
W/e they were making they can just do somewhere else, prolly different reason why it hasnt come back I mean colors have been discontinued for less :)

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
You're not the only one. The more I drive the car the more I feel that the stock exhaust is perfect for what I want most of the time. This is why I'm really excited about the dual mode option. Having the ability to open it up whenever I feel like having a louder exhaust and close it whenever I don't feel like making a statement would be great.

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
This is why I'm really excited about the dual mode option. Having the ability to open it up whenever I feel like having a louder exhaust and close it whenever I don't feel like making a statement would be great.
+1 I leave for the Y at 4:45am and I seldom take my car because it wakes up the entire neighborhood! Being able to start quiet is a big plus for me.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Having owned a car with a proper dual mode exhaust, it is invaluable. It was consistently one of my favorite parts of the car. It was a cammed C6 with longtubes, catless X and factory dual mode mufflers. Close the mufflers, and it was silent. Cruise through the neighborhood at 4am making 0 noise in a 10 second car. Open the mufflers and make ears bleed. It was the best of both worlds.

Don't underestimate the value of it until you experience it. It's fantastic.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Is there any pics or renderings of what the 2018 GT will look like ?

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just like the 2017 with possibly different headlights that's really all lol won't be any major cosmetic changes and no body line changes
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.