Sponsored

At wit's end with lack of inside rear traction...

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This ^^^ I installed the BMR vertical links and it does the job. Get them, install them and your problem will be over with. BMR seriously is on top of the mountain. The rest are struggling to get where BMR is. Just look at all the competition that copy their products. :thumbsup:
That's the next mod on my list.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
I need to add that my car doesn't do it if I'm starting at a "normal" pace. I have to give it moderate to spirited throttle to make it hop. I'm thinking there's no one thing that's causing this. The cradle lockout helped and I'm betting that it will take a combination of other mods to cure it like vertical links, LCA bearing, shocks might help, and tires. I've committed to not getting tires until I wear the stock ones out but I'm betting Michelins would have better grip.
Yes, PSS' would help no question, particularly in the rain as they hook nearly as well in the wet as they do in the dry. Pzeros seem to lose 75% of their grip if it's wet.

My car doesn't do this either, if it's dry, very light throttle. BUT - if there're any ripples/cracks in the road's surface the jitter goes nuts, even light throttle.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Yes, PSS' would help no question, particularly in the rain as they hook nearly as well in the wet as they do in the dry. Pzeros seem to lose 75% of their grip if it's wet.

My car doesn't do this either, if it's dry, very light throttle. BUT - if there're any ripples/cracks in the road's surface the jitter goes nuts, even light throttle.
yes, i switched to PSS... I also have BMR vertical links, but still get a little funky bouncing of the inside tires in the situation I described earlier

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Since the beginning of time the inside wheel on a turn has been easy to smoke, that's nothing new or unusual. You can mitigate it but as I stated, from the beginning of time that's just how things operate.

Sponsored

OP
OP

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since the beginning of time the inside wheel on a turn has been easy to smoke, that's nothing new or unusual. You can mitigate it but as I stated, from the beginning of time that's just how things operate.
Completely disagree. Modern sports cars with good diffs are almost impossible to smoke the inside wheel. Besides. that's not at all what's happening here.

What's happening with this car is a lot of chatter/wheelhop from the inside wheel as it fights for traction, but wildly spin out of control and smoke it does not.

OP
OP

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yep, I've read that and spoken with him privately - seems like the sliver bullet but I'm weary of NVH with such a difficult mod to 'undo'. Links are a no brainer - just remove them in an hour if you don't like them. LCA bearings not so much.
I can see why you might be weary of NVH increases. Just from the mods I've done, it definitely rides harsher But I've come to grips with it so to speak and hey, it's a Mustang. Less refinement may be a side effect in order to feel more connected to the road.

Idk how expensive LCAs are but you could always get two stock arms later if it turned out really bad and put it back to stock. I think Boomba Racing sells LCA bearings as well.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do anymore suspension mods as it's gone far enough as it is and I'm happy with it. If I do anything more it will be BMR CB006 and LCA bearing kit. Maybe next year we'll see.

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
I verified this happened today doing a left hand 90 degree turn from a stop. I am wondering if this is the Torsen and, as mentioned, it needs to be broken in. That is what concerns me a bit. If so, then I'm guessing the diff fluid should certainly be changed out after the Torsen breaks in.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I verified this happened today doing a left hand 90 degree turn from a stop. I am wondering if this is the Torsen and, as mentioned, it needs to be broken in. That is what concerns me a bit. If so, then I'm guessing the diff fluid should certainly be changed out after the Torsen breaks in.
Happens with the Trac-Loc diff too,

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Completely disagree. Modern sports cars with good diffs are almost impossible to smoke the inside wheel. Besides. that's not at all what's happening here.

What's happening with this car is a lot of chatter/wheelhop from the inside wheel as it fights for traction, but wildly spin out of control and smoke it does not.
On that point only you're correct

jhols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have had this happen only really when first going out in the morning just from a stop. I have no problems putting power down during autocross. I have just figured the diff doesnt like high turning, low temperature situations.
Sponsored