Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Got some magnaflow mufflers and tips getting installed in the next two weeks, will report back when done.
Sponsored

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Got some magnaflow mufflers and tips getting installed in the next two weeks, will report back when done.
Like Universal Ones or specifically made for the mustang?

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Deleted the sound tube on the weekend (temporary) to hear the difference in the cabin prior to getting the new axle backs installed on Thursday.
Wow it makes a difference to the feel inside the cabin, the sound comes from the back now .
Do yourself a favor and disconnect the tube even temporarily from the intake , block off the ends and go for a drive it does feel better.
It might take more than a trip around the block to make the call so give it a while.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Deleted the sound tube on the weekend (temporary) to hear the difference in the cabin prior to getting the new axle backs installed on Thursday.
Wow it makes a difference to the feel inside the cabin, the sound comes from the back now .
Do yourself a favor and disconnect the tube even temporarily from the intake , block off the ends and go for a drive it does feel better.
It might take more than a trip around the block to make the call so give it a while.
Can you just plug it on the intake side and not the firewall ?

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Like Universal Ones or specifically made for the mustang?
"Universal", however same mufflers and tips used on their competition axle-back model. I bought these separately as $900 for a set was a joke, the same setup minus the slip on piping will set me back under $400 installed. Just cutting the old mufflers out, some minimal (if at any) pipe work and weld the new mufflers in.

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Can you just plug it on the intake side and not the firewall ?
I just plugged up the inside of mine close to the intake end...problem solved. I will pull the tube out one day but realistically I dont look at my engine much so Im not to fussed leaving it in place.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
"Universal", however same mufflers and tips used on their competition axle-back model. I bought these separately as $900 for a set was a joke, the same setup minus the slip on piping will set me back under $400 installed. Just cutting the old mufflers out, some minimal (if at any) pipe work and weld the new mufflers in.
I'm ridiculously curious about this. Good luck, excited for the results.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
I just plugged up the inside of mine close to the intake end...problem solved. I will pull the tube out one day but realistically I dont look at my engine much so Im not to fussed leaving it in place.
In th same boat, I will just get a cap and call it a day. Did it make any difference?

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Ok so what did you use to plug it? :)
And could it move? Or break and feed back down into the intake?

On my old car a piece of plastic fell off the intake sensor and jammed the throttle body open which meant full WOT ALL the time! That was incredibly scary for a little while :)

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)

On my old car a piece of plastic fell off the intake sensor and jammed the throttle body open which meant full WOT ALL the time! That was incredibly scary for a little while :)
The thought of that has me shivering. But most people here use a 25mm chair leg cap from Bunnings.

Sponsored

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Let's be real, this is a heavy duty rubber. The engine itself might get to 80-85 °C, meaning that the engine bay will be a lot lower than that, say 70°C worst case. I highly doubt that this kind of rubber will melt at such temperature.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Let's be real, this is a heavy duty rubber. The engine itself might get to 80-85 °C, meaning that the engine bay will be a lot lower than that, say 70°C worst case. I highly doubt that this kind of rubber will melt at such temperature.
I doubt it would ever melt. Thats not the potential issue, its how the rubber breaks down over time. IMHO spending $70K on a car and feeling good about getting away with a buck chair rubber plugging an intake port..... Go for it. :headbang: and thats not having a go, just trying to fathem why you would want to skimp on such a critical line as the intake?

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang

A little red cap off the Solahart Panels I sell :)

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)