rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
So I got the pressure gauge wired up! Unfortunately the boost gauge still has not arrived.

I also made a spacer to bring the speedhut gauge out to where the OEM gauges were. Made the gauge look 10x better in the dash then it was before!
Looking good as always Zack. Will the aftermarket sending unit you think work on the OEM gauge?

Let me guess...boost gauge is coming in via USPS? :paddle:

Speaking of which, I just checked the tracking on the the item I mailed out to you on Thursday and looks like it hasn't even left my local sort facility yet. Same facility :frusty: that put that exception delay for 3 days on the item you sent me.

Its the box...I re-used it...must be jinxed. :gossip: ;) :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Looking good as always Zack. Will the aftermarket sending unit you think work on the OEM gauge?

Let me guess...boost gauge is coming in via USPS? :paddle:

Speaking of which, I just checked the tracking on the the item I mailed out to you on Thursday and looks like it hasn't even left my local sort facility yet. Same facility :frusty: that put that exception delay for 3 days on the item you sent me.

Its the box...I re-used it...must be jinxed. :gossip: ;) :D
Must be! Haha so much for that 31st ETA....!

And the aftermarket sending unit will not work with the OEM gauges unfortunately. Everything in this damn car seems to be run off of the CAN network.... It was VERY difficult to even find a switched 12v source since the screen, OEM gauges, and radio all use the CAN network to switch on and off..... I am beginning to hate the integrated wiring of this car... :frusty::rant:

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
So looks like the new performance pack sending unit was bad out of the box. When I installed it the low pressure light immediately came on. Pulled the sensor and tested the switch circuit for continuity with pressure applied and it failed to close the circuit.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So looks like the new performance pack sending unit was bad out of the box. When I installed it the low pressure light immediately came on. Pulled the sensor and tested the switch circuit for continuity with pressure applied and it failed to close the circuit.
the oil pressure sending unit isn't just a switch closure. It should be a transducer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
the oil pressure sending unit isn't just a switch closure. It should be a transducer.
It's a combo unit. It's a switch as well as a transducer. The OEM switch lead heads to pin 1 on the sending unit and should act as an oil pressure switch. The other two leads are for the transducer.

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Pin 1 of the connector is labeled as an oil pressure switch. So I assumed it would respond to the normal circuit test.

I'm learning that the sensor may be addressed by my tuner but I'm waiting on my tuner to provide an answer.

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
So I spoke with Cobb and Adam (tune +) and I may have a fix for the oil pressure sensor and guage. It can be addressed in the tune file (possibly), I have the new file but have to wait on another sensor as the original PP sensor was bad out of the box. I will hopefully be able to confirm everything this weekend. I will also provide part 2 of the "how to" install and wire up the new sending unit. It will be a matter of working out the rest with your tuner.

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
So I spoke with Cobb and Adam (tune +) and I may have a fix for the oil pressure sensor and guage. It can be addressed in the tune file (possibly), I have the new file but have to wait on another sensor as the original PP sensor was bad out of the box. I will hopefully be able to confirm everything this weekend. I will also provide part 2 of the "how to" install and wire up the new sending unit. It will be a matter of working out the rest with your tuner.

Thats awesome! I was just wondering though that since the oil pressure has a gauge in the lcd cluster with a reading of low or normal, that tells me the signal is there somewhere but it needs to be routed towards the gauge. If the lcd has a reading then the output signal for the gauge is clearly in the car, i just wondered if theres a way to stem it as part of the gauge signal

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Thats awesome! I was just wondering though that since the oil pressure has a gauge in the lcd cluster with a reading of low or normal, that tells me the signal is there somewhere but it needs to be routed towards the gauge. If the lcd has a reading then the output signal for the gauge is clearly in the car, i just wondered if theres a way to stem it as part of the gauge signal
It's there, but all of that is handled in the CAN-BUS network. You would need a controller that could connect to the network that outputs a signal to the gauge.

Sponsored

Fastls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
What is considered a base model. My car is a premium and a 16.

By reading thru all posts, Will both gauges work (oil pressure and vac) on a GT Premium non PP car. I know I need the dash and new sensor, but want verification it will work before tearing into the project.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'm going to be adding an aftermarket boost gauge shortly myself. I'm debating between the roush pod, or just replacing the vacuum gauge in the stock pod with the boost gauge. Zack, do you think this is possible? Retain one of the factory gauges, and use an aftermarket gauge as the other? It's been a while since I had the panel/gauges off, so I don't remember if it's possible to ditch just one of the gauges.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have a question. Apparently these gauges are the same in base and premiums and do support MyColor. I have a source for GT350 gauges but don't want to give up MyColor. Since GT350s apparently don't have MyColor, there is no documentation I can find about if the GT350 gauges support it. It seems very likely that they do since Ford didn't think it was worth making a separate non-MyColor set for the high volume base PPs. That same logic would say to not not make a special lighting for the GT350 gauges when they are the same as a PP with just an oil temp replacing a vacuum gauge.

My question: have any of you seen anything on the back of the gauges that says or otherwise provides a visual hint they have MyColor? If so, an inspection of the GT350 gauge might shed some light.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I have a premium cluster inbound along with GT350 center gauge pack...I'll report my findings once installed.

As for any physical indication or label on the outside, all 3 gauge packs are identical. (aside from the part #s) I currently have an ECO & GT350 gauge pack on-hand. I sold my old PP gauge pack to Zack.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to be adding an aftermarket boost gauge shortly myself. I'm debating between the roush pod, or just replacing the vacuum gauge in the stock pod with the boost gauge. Zack, do you think this is possible? Retain one of the factory gauges, and use an aftermarket gauge as the other? It's been a while since I had the panel/gauges off, so I don't remember if it's possible to ditch just one of the gauges.
Technically.... No it is not possible to replace just one gauge. Both are connected to a single circuit board inside the housing.

I however am working on something that might be interesting to you. I have aftermarket speedhut gauges. I am working to integrate the circuit boards from those gauges into the housing of the OEM gauge cluster that [MENTION=15109]rvlyssup[/MENTION] sold me. The idea is to get a OEM look and behavior while still being able to use aftermarket gauges. There is enough room in front of the original gauge circuit board to install the new boards and still get lighting function and power from the OEM board. I have just been slammed with school work these past few weeks (only a few to go until finals) so I have not been able to make much progress on this front yet.
Sponsored