HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
K, to get the oil pressure gauge to work through the existing can bus is not a trivial task. Not to mention Ford's wiring diagrams are sh*t. Trying to engineer a solution by sending a signal directly to the stepper motor that controls the needle's position.
20161120_094832-1553x919.jpg
Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Technically.... No it is not possible to replace just one gauge. Both are connected to a single circuit board inside the housing.

I however am working on something that might be interesting to you. I have aftermarket speedhut gauges. I am working to integrate the circuit boards from those gauges into the housing of the OEM gauge cluster that [MENTION=15109]rvlyssup[/MENTION] sold me. The idea is to get a OEM look and behavior while still being able to use aftermarket gauges. There is enough room in front of the original gauge circuit board to install the new boards and still get lighting function and power from the OEM board. I have just been slammed with school work these past few weeks (only a few to go until finals) so I have not been able to make much progress on this front yet.
That sounds pretty cool. If we don't use the OEM board and install aftermarket gauges, I assume we'd need some kind of a solution to keep them mounted in the holes. I'm probably going to end up going with the roush vent pod for the time being.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I've installed the gauges last week following Zack's way and as everybody else got a dead oil pressure gauge.

I emailed Mike from MPT (an awesome dude) asking him if he can do something about it..and he sent me 2 test files, I loaded then and the oil pressure gauge came to life!

But with a downside, I got engine oil pressure low message - so emailed Mike with the results and waiting on his reply :)

I'll keep you guys updated

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Did you install the new pressure sending unit and what model mustang do to have?

Sponsored

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't get the oil pressure sending unit to work as advertised, so I never even bothered dropping my test tune. Does the gauge move, does it actually output reasonable values?

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
What's your psi at idle?