2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Not a false alert, I don't know exactly what KevDog is linking but I do know that Shelby American is in the works for a transmission cooler. Ask them yourself, they will confirm it's in the works, can't give any details, and say it's about a month out... lol. It is coming down the pipeline but as to what it is, I have no idea. It's another option but god I hope they don't try to slap Shelby all over it when it's under the car. Just my opinion.
I'll believe it when i see it. In the meantime, it's just speculation as far as i know.
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
If this works as stated, Is 40 degrees enough?
I'm having a hard time believing that a air deflector can lower trans temp by
40degrees, no mention of GT350 either.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm having a hard time believing that a air deflector can lower trans temp by
40degrees, no mention of GT350 either.
I kinda believe it will. Been in the 50's here and I noticed the trans temp takes much much longer to heat up. stays in the 160-170's at the max just going around town. Down from 200+ in the summer months. So obviously ambient air affects the trans temp at some point.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I kinda believe it will. Been in the 50's here and I noticed the trans temp takes much much longer to heat up. stays in the 160-170's at the max just going around town. Down from 200+ in the summer months. So obviously ambient air affects the trans temp at some point.
I can see it the transmission on this car is not exposed too much air

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The caption on the photo says '2016 and newer GT350' ???
Shelby American website has no option to choose 2016 GT350 as a model to search for parts.

1Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I got this email from my contact at Shelby today...

"I had the GT350 transmission scoop go live on our website a few minutes ago.

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TCS-GT350 "

You do need to remove the scoop to change the oil and other parts are "supposed" to be coming soon. he did not say what other parts or when just that they are working on it. from the pics, there are lines to the drain plugs and Vince at Shelby told me there will be a kit but who knows when. i just hope it is thermostatically controlled and its a "clean" install. i don't want anything rigged.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
At least Shelby America made progress! Ford performance hasn't done anything. Good luck to you tech / base guys!

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Good lord. That's a big piece.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but the foil panels help keep exhaust heat from the trans. I doubt it's that heavy.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I can see a scoop slowing the rate of temperature rise, in which case it could conceivably delay peak temperature long enough to avoid limp mode.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice. Looks like more options coming available that will be less costly

I like that their transmission cooler lines shown in the pic do not appear to affect ground clearance at all.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Looks like a nice, solid piece. I don't think it would 100% prevent limp mode, but I would be willing to bet it makes a noticeable difference. I'm thinking even for people who don't go to the track it would be good to install this and keep the transmission temperatures a little lower during the daily commute or weekend jaunts. For a couple hundred bucks IMO it's going to be worth a try. Of course it will be at least 4-5 months before I need it.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a nice, solid piece. I don't think it would 100% prevent limp mode, but I would be willing to bet it makes a noticeable difference. I'm thinking even for people who don't go to the track it would be good to install this and keep the transmission temperatures a little lower during the daily commute or weekend jaunts. For a couple hundred bucks IMO it's going to be worth a try. Of course it will be at least 4-5 months before I need it.
You do not think the scoop alone will cool the trans enough to avoid limp mode or the complete system with transmission cooler?

I have a track pack with ARH off road X pipes and I'm considering the scoop alone. An all aluminum version would be nice. It wouldn't be hard to make one of these.
I wish they would of made it longer to go more towards the rear of the trans some more.

Not to mention it may help with down force:lol:

We need someone without a R / track pack to test same day before and after trans temps.
Sponsored