Sponsored

Daily Driver or Weekender

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Daily driving a really neat car is at least as much a matter of mentality as it is actual ownership.

Sure, I'd be DD'ing a GT350, even a GT350R (though I'd fit the 'R' with somewhat more durable tires for the street time). Same thing I told the Z/28 crowd a year or two ago, and I didn't have one of those either.

Neat cars like this are meant to be driven often to fully enjoy.

Norm
The guy was in my wedding. Just giving him a hard time....
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
TDC where in li are you located? , I drive from exit 28 northern stae to to 19 gcp and the trip is not that bad (but it's at 530 am) the remainder of my day I drive thru queens , Manhattan in my work van .
Live and work in Nassau county. Leave to work at the 2nd rush hour traffic (8:30-9) and rush hour home (5:30-6:30). Oh and don't forget the 1000's of stop signs and traffic lights. Drivers get worse here on the Island; not me of course :D

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I live 132 miles from work. 1/2 the time I work from home and the other 1/2 I spend at our place near work. On those weeks, I typically drive my GT350 to work. At least until it gets down below 40 degrees.
Mike, does that mean you drive your Shelby an average of 500 miles a week ? :eyebulge:

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Weekend track toy only. :headbang:

Actually can not imagine it as a DD. When I was younger (knew everything and was immortal), I drove sports cars like this for DD. Very low and stiff. Had to drive around speed bumps. I love my new DD, which is a 15 CTSV coupe. Crazy fast, but oh so comfy. :D

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Trade it in! Whether for a new pp gt or a gt350, the new cars are light years better! I bought my car in may when my wife was 6 months pregnant(she had our daughter 8/19) with our first, and it was a stretch at the time with her not working for a few months, but the car is worth every penny.

EDIT: if $60k is a little too much, you can easily find super low mileage 13-14 Boss 302's in the low 30's, which is an awesome car aswell.
Haha it's crossed my mind. But it's paid off and it holds a sentimental spot for me and someday passing it on to my kid would mean a lot to me. One other reason for not making any kind of move atm is we're looking at buying a house and using our current one (which is a renovated cabin on the edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest) as a weekend/vacation rental. So I would really like to do that first.

+1!

My drive to work is about 45 minutes - 99% highway (NOT heavily congested). I have SO MUCH FUN driving it, when I get to work I want to turn around and do the drive all over again! :)

I honestly don't know how anyone could own one of these and not be in the pilot's seat every possible chance (unless you live in highway clogged urban sprawl - then you've got other issues). It's probably my favorite car to drive, ever.
100% agree!

Who let the 3V guy in here??......:ninja:
Don't mind this guy ^^^^^ Norm, he drives a geo lol

Daily driving a really neat car is at least as much a matter of mentality as it is actual ownership.

Sure, I'd be DD'ing a GT350, even a GT350R (though I'd fit the 'R' with somewhat more durable tires for the street time). Same thing I told the Z/28 crowd a year or two ago, and I didn't have one of those either.

Norm
Exactly what I try to tell ole dwalker up there all the time. His only response is "blah blah blah ROCK CHIPS blah blah putting miles on a Mustang is BAD blah blah blah."
I don't get it, but to each their own.

PS; Sorry Buddy (DWalker) ;) lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Be careful Norm... there are some that don't or hardly do that and you may hurt their feelings. You know... garage ornaments. ;)

I fully agree with you though... some of you guys may recall the first vid (at the reception) of the GT350 Track Attack school where Henry Ford III also suggested to drive it, hard.... drive it like you stole it! :D

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Mike, does that mean you drive your Shelby an average of 500 miles a week ? :eyebulge:
From my primary residence directly to my office is 132 miles. It's 120 miles from home to my place up near work. Work is 35 miles from my second home. then 120 miles home so in one week I put on about 700-750 miles a week when I go into the office. I'll admit this is probably my last week of bringing my GT350 to work until April of next year as I live at 2100' so we will start getting snow soon. I use our Escape during the winter.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
From my primary residence directly to my office is 132 miles. It's 120 miles from home to my place up near work. Work is 35 miles from my second home. then 120 miles home so in one week I put on about 700-750 miles a week when I go into the office. I'll admit this is probably my last week of bringing my GT350 to work until April of next year as I live at 2100' so we will start getting snow soon. I use our Escape during the winter.
I have a second home too and my situation is similar to you. I average about 400 miles a week. Fortunately, I'll start working at home next year with occasional trips to office so my miles will be greatly cut down.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Live and work in Nassau county. Leave to work at the 2nd rush hour traffic (8:30-9) and rush hour home (5:30-6:30). Oh and don't forget the 1000's of stop signs and traffic lights. Drivers get worse here on the Island; not me of course :D
My commute was Staten Island to Jericho so... not good. WFH FTW

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Track car and occasional driver. Maybe 3 times a week and at least 4 planned track events a year. So far only one track day and missed my 3rd and 4th due to the engine failure. : (

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Not my commuter but I drive it almost daily. As soon as I get home from work, I take it out for a cruise. It's my stress reliever. Even just slow, calm cruising through the backroads for an hour.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
Good to see these cars being used as dailys and not as some trophy in the garage.

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Both! I drive mine during the week and on the weekend. Wife and I are planning a drive to Asheville NC next weekend, can't wait!

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
F-150 is my DD, Shelby is a weekend, nice weather car and I am planning on some track days and HPDE's in the future.
Sponsored