Daily Driver or Weekender

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Very cool, a lot more people DDing their GT350s then I expected. When I first got my 07 I kept in the garage at my grandparents for over a year, just getting it out on nice days and did not enjoy it at all. After my wife kept on telling me I needed drive and enjoy it I caved in and started DDing it and have never looked back. We didn't have a garage at the time so it had set out in weather for a year or so which sucked and it did get some paint chips and such but it brought me so much more joy just dropping into the seat and firing it up every morning. I have been back and forth on getting a GT350 but for now I believe I settled against it since we have our first child on the way and (this may sound dumb, but) I would have to sell my 07 to really be able to put enough $$ down for me to feel comfortable buying one. So for now I will continue to DD the 07 and save money until I can pick up a GT350 or a PP/GT, and hopefully pass the 07 on to our little man once he's old enough lol

Moral of all this rambling... I'm really not sure lol... I love DD my current car (even though its just a 3v 4.6 lol) and whether I get a Shelby or a GT in the future it will be a dd as well.
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Very cool, a lot more people DDing their GT350s then I expected. When I first got my 07 I kept in the garage at my grandparents for over a year, just getting it out on nice days and did not enjoy it at all. After my wife kept on telling me I needed drive and enjoy it I caved in and started DDing it and have never looked back. We didn't have a garage at the time so it had set out in weather for a year or so which sucked and it did get some paint chips and such but it brought me so much more joy just dropping into the seat and firing it up every morning. I have been back and forth on getting a GT350 but for now I believe I settled against it since we have our first child on the way and (this may sound dumb, but) I would have to sell my 07 to really be able to put enough $$ down for me to feel comfortable buying one. So for now I will continue to DD the 07 and save money until I can pick up a GT350 or a PP/GT, and hopefully pass the 07 on to our little man once he's old enough lol

Moral of all this rambling... I'm really not sure lol... I love DD my current car (even though its just a 3v 4.6 lol) and whether I get a Shelby or a GT in the future it will be a dd as well.
Trade it in! Whether for a new pp gt or a gt350, the new cars are light years better! I bought my car in may when my wife was 6 months pregnant(she had our daughter 8/19) with our first, and it was a stretch at the time with her not working for a few months, but the car is worth every penny.

EDIT: if $60k is a little too much, you can easily find super low mileage 13-14 Boss 302's in the low 30's, which is an awesome car aswell.

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
TDC where in li are you located? , I drive from exit 28 northern stae to to 19 gcp and the trip is not that bad (but it's at 530 am) the remainder of my day I drive thru queens , Manhattan in my work van .

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Weekend, but since I drive it every chance I get, Im still on track for 10k+ miles/yr.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Trade it in! Whether for a new pp gt or a gt350, the new cars are light years better! I bought my car in may when my wife was 6 months pregnant(she had our daughter 8/19) with our first, and it was a stretch at the time with her not working for a few months, but the car is worth every penny.

EDIT: if $60k is a little too much, you can easily find super low mileage 13-14 Boss 302's in the low 30's, which is an awesome car aswell.
Do it once, do it right. Get the GT350! :headbang:

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Daily unless I'm going to Wal-Mart or the supermarket.

MAJ_MALFUNCTION

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Triple Yellow
Mines an hourly, as I'm in it every chance I can get.
+1!

My drive to work is about 45 minutes - 99% highway (NOT heavily congested). I have SO MUCH FUN driving it, when I get to work I want to turn around and do the drive all over again! :)

I honestly don't know how anyone could own one of these and not be in the pilot's seat every possible chance (unless you live in highway clogged urban sprawl - then you've got other issues). It's probably my favorite car to drive, ever.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Daily, I didn't put 9,000 miles on this car this year driving to car shows.
My only negative is that I need to drive a lot on the local Chicago toll roads and those are under heavy construction. The front of the car is showing a hint of abuse from that construction, so I am getting Expel applied to protect what I can.
You wouldn't mean I-90? It will always be under construction!

Sponsored

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes
Weekender that's parked in the garage. DD is outside in the elements.

Daily commute to work is 80 miles round trip. If I DD it, I would probably go broke paying for gas.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"

Who let the 3V guy in here??......:ninja:

Obrien455

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Gt350 shadow black, stripe delete, tech packag
Drive mine whenever i can but unfortunately other than the miles i put on bringing it to colorado from florida, ive only put bout 300 miles on it since then about a year ago. 80-90 hour consistent work weeks dont allow for much leisure time...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Who let the 3V guy in here??......:ninja:
Daily driving a really neat car is at least as much a matter of mentality as it is actual ownership.

Sure, I'd be DD'ing a GT350, even a GT350R (though I'd fit the 'R' with somewhat more durable tires for the street time). Same thing I told the Z/28 crowd a year or two ago, and I didn't have one of those either.

Neat cars like this are meant to be driven often to fully enjoy.

Norm

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I live 132 miles from work. 1/2 the time I work from home and the other 1/2 I spend at our place near work. On those weeks, I typically drive my GT350 to work. At least until it gets down below 40 degrees.
Sponsored