Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wonder if the reason the rear glass is camoed could be they're adding a panoramic sliding glass roof similar to the one on the Lincoln MKZ?

512216d1363314534-sunroof-webasto-2013_lincoln_mkz_roof-thumb-530x288-19161.jpg
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
That's a shame. The rear is the best part of the car. I adore the 3D taillights and it's one of the most unique parts of the car.
Agreed, they really nailed the rear end design with the S550, and I'd be disappointed to see it changed too dramatically.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I wonder if the reason the rear glass is camoed could be they're adding a panoramic sliding glass roof similar to the one on the Lincoln MKZ?

512216d1363314534-sunroof-webasto-2013_lincoln_mkz_roof-thumb-530x288-19161.jpg
Personally, I dont think would do that, consider its muscle car and that would cause drag. The MKZ is a luxury car and most wont care about drag.

And I really hope they wouldn't do it that way, all for sunroofs but thats just bone out fugly!

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
For those thinking glass roof you should check the photos again, pretty sure there is a fold in the roof if you look at the reflections. Pretty sure glass is always smooth.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Honestly, I couldn't disagree more. I think the front fascia on the GT350 is ugly in comparison to the GT's. I like the GT350's hood vent, but not as much as I like the GT's hood bulge. The image in your avatar is actually pretty close to perfect from the windshield forward, IMO.

25-cars-worth-waiting-for-11-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-inline-photo-585485-s-original.jpg

GT front fascia, GT hood bulge, GT350-like hood scoop where the vent would've been.
At first I thought you were trolling but if that is actually your opinion then I can't imagine what your type of women look like.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
wouldn't that mean the headlight would have to turn off during the time the blinker is on, like the Fogs do on cars where they're too close? I don't see that happening. maybe if it was in addition to the normal turn signals and just for fun. but that seems a bit gimmicky, and they'd never do gimmicky turn signals ;)
Happens already on most euro cars that have it like Audi, etc. The DRLs turn off while the blinker is on.

But my guess for a wild card is that the tri-bars might be the turn indicators now...there was a rumor of that.

Does he even have a 6th gen?
Nope...been waiting on the refresh for the 10 speed an other features I've wanted.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
A DI 5.2 Coyote with GT350 heads ..could get to 475 tq, yes.

However, you won't see GT350 heads on a factory 5.0 Coyote, valve shrouding would make it a less than ideal fit. You'll either see GT350 heads on a 5.2 block or just normal Coyote heads on a 5.0 block.
Not unless the 5.0 comes standard with spray bore (as has been suggested) it would then inherit the bigger (better breathing) bore of the 350 and run a slight reduction in the stroke to retain the 5.0 capacity

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Doubt Ford will listen to me. If they keep going in this direction, I'll probably buy a Challenger once it drops about 400lbs
Exactly where I spent my money last month. I bought a '16 Challenger Scat Pack. 485 hp and 475 tq 6.4L Hemi and 8 speed auto. I still own my '14 Mustang GT, as well, and plan to keep it forever. Sure, the Challenger weighs 500 lbs more than my Mustang, but it still runs mid 12's in the 1/4 mile and has a top speed of 182 per Dodge. Plus, the biggest reason I bought it is that it's a big comfortable coupe with RWD and a V8.

I just haven't warmed up to the S550 front end design (although the interior and rear of the car look great). Maybe the '18 refresh or the S650 will win me over. Come on Ford; you lost me for several years. You want to earn my business again? Give the next Mustang a musclecar look! It should not look like a sports car!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I just want at least 475hp/475 LB-FT.....i don't care at all for fluff stuff
Your chariot awaits (at the Dodge dealer). 392 Hemi and 6.4L Scat Pack (same engine, different badging) are awesome torque monsters! Very affordable, too. I bought my brand new '16 Challenger Scat Pack last month for $38K after dealer discount & factory rebate. Granted, it doesn't have the cool factory glass roof that's in my '14 Mustang GT, but it's got all the other stuff and costs a little less than I paid for my GT.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Made a first version of how I think the facelift will look like according the the things we can see on the mule. Just edited the headllights and shrinked the middle part of the front bumper (adjusting the upper grille).
Wow, nice render! That front end looks worlds better than the '15-'17.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I see y'all figured out the the camo'd car's wheels are 2010 GT500's, so I just wanted to confirm that as I bought a set of these through our Ford parts counter back in 2012 for my 2011 Brembo GT. Here's a couple pics of my '11 with these wheels....

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
not any worse than an old volvo... just kidding ;)
My sleeper? I haven't put it on a dyno but cars with the same setups are making 400whp and 400 lb-ft on 93 octane. Mine is on a multi-fuel tune which lets me run up to half a tank of E85 and nets even more power. On top of this it only weighs 3,400lbs. Nothing like beating a brand new Camaro SS in a Volvo. :cheers: My daily driver is actually a 2013 BMW 528i. I'm waiting to see what 2018 brings before I order a Mustang. It's got to be the fastest within its competition, get decent fuel milage, handle well, and be reliable before I order one. Almost there.

Ps: Don't knock an "old volvo" especially at a drag strip. ;)

Edit: Not trying to thread jack but here's an old pic of the car I dug up.

kel krst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBeast
I'm not sure I want to like the 2018 or not. Part of me wants to hate the refresh so that I'm "forced" to buy my 15GT out after the lease and save a bit on monthly payments. The other part of me wants the refresh to be a Camaro killer that I can order in half a year. The internal struggle is real.

:shrug:
What?
man think bout us guys that already bought our 2016 s550s! im so in love with this car nuthn has caught my attention aince i bought her. but now a refresh !!! FML imma have to force myself to not like it haha...even though its prbly gonna be ridiculously hard to not go str8 to the dealership and "let" the salesman talk me into a trade in!