Sponsored

Sync 3 software update for 2016s?

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Just curious, how do you launch CarPlay? Is there an icon in the apps tab or is there a new tab icon across the bottom? (just my two guesses on how it would be launched)
Sponsored

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Just curious, how do you launch CarPlay? Is there an icon in the apps tab or is there a new tab icon across the bottom? (just my two guesses on how it would be launched)
First of all, it's via lightning cable only. When you plug in the iPhone, assuming it's enabled in "Settings" it automatically asks if you'd like to launch CarPlay. If you allow it, iOS takes over Sync 3.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have an owner.ford.com account its still not out, getting impatient over here

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Any insiders have updated information?

I hate the app feature! Never works for me.
I have an owner.ford.com account its still not out, getting impatient over here
Hi stangg172016 and HizliBullet,

We are all ansxiously waiting for the upgrade to be released. You will receive the notification once it is available and more details will be provided as we receive them. If you are having issues using AppLink, you may want to review the information here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...hy-doesnt-sync-applink-recognize-my-apps.html

Joy

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
That link is absolutely useless. Your software is garbage.

There is absolutely no reason why a certain app should work on my way to the grocery store and on my way home from the grocery store it doesn't work. Especially since I only was in the grocery store for 2 minutes getting milk. Even more so because when I look at my phone it still says that Spotify is on, just paused.

On top of that when I get in the car it says " resuming Spotify" then it times out, defaults to AM radio, and then tells me that the only app installed on my phone is something else like Pandora. That's strange because when I got in the car it read Spotify slacker and Sirius XM.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Nexus 5 previously and currently a Samsung S7 Edge. My wife's and new iPhone 6S doesn't really do anything but play "bluetooth audio"

This has been happening to both starting from the very first time I used the car when I bought it in January.

The only way this system is even "better" than the old is that it's less laggy.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
i hope the update comes out beginning of august, its the time people are going on road trips.. whats the point of the major update if its winter and cold and not going anywhere :shrug:

android auto is really cool I tried and it works like a charm it even lets u use google search by voice to ask google any question

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i hope the update comes out beginning of august, its the time people are going on road trips.. whats the point of the major update if its winter and cold and not going anywhere :shrug:

android auto is really cool I tried and it works like a charm it even lets u use google search by voice to ask google any question
its been said multiple times, we're not getting it until the end of the year, if we get it at all :shrug: Id look for Ford to say we're not getting it honestly. and yes, Android Auto is very cool, I had in my 2011 GT via my Pioneer 8100 NEX, I really miss it :(

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I must be doing something wrong with android auto. I have a 17 escape and the dam thing wont even read text messages. It will tell me I cant read them now. I don't use it I think sync is more advanced then it is.

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
hello all,
what do us 2015 owners have to do in order to get this sync 3. My plan has expired and before I pay 60.00 for 1 year sync I want to know is it worth it?

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
hello all,
what do us 2015 owners have to do in order to get this sync 3. My plan has expired and before I pay 60.00 for 1 year sync I want to know is it worth it?
You need new hardware..

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
hello all,
The short answer is you won't... ever. The other answer is you'd have to do what OEMRadio said and BUY new hardware.
Sponsored