Sponsored

I got a new job, now wife wants me to get rid of the Mustang....

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Why is everyone giving the OP so much crap? He already said in the original post that he wasn't gonna do it.
It's temporary. He said 'at the moment, there are no cars with manual transmissions that excite me.' I don't think everyone is giving him crap, I think some of us are just looking out for a fellow enthusiast being asked to unload his car for a dumb reason (at least going by the info provided). Otherwise, why would he post?

I'm guessing she just has to spend more time in the mustang than most of our wives do. Mine likes it, but not everyone likes a sportscar. If she's forced to spend a lot of time in the car and it's paid for by a common pool of finances then she's entitled to an opinion, whether it flys with him or not.
Opinions are one thing but she needs a better reason than simply not liking his car; she has her own car to play with.
Or she needs to be fully honest with him.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm confused about how people keep calling the Mustang a sports car.

Let's be realistic, folks.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1

What are you talking about ? It's very realistic to call a Mustang a sports car. The Mustang is not the No. 1 selling sports car in the world for nothing. Ask my (German) insurance provider is the Mustang a sports car ?:crazy:

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

That's what Ford calls it, can't get any more realistic than that.
Un.jpg

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I dont think anyone is honestly but rather about the wife.

Women don't get it usually; few do. I guess that's why I choose not to be married. No one is going to tell me what to do with my money that I made. If she wants to work and buy whatever car she wants, good for her, but my choice is mine.

The WORST are the dont work who also think what mine is mine and whats yours is mine too. Another pro of not getting married these days. Times have changed a lot since 10-20 year ago.

Eh, you're just looking in the wrong places ;)

Besides, some men are guilty of what you describe, too. And, sadly, sometimes someone DOES have to have control over the household finances.

Once upon a time I was married to someone else, had a high-paying career and was the main breadwinner. He had trouble keeping a couple jobs but I didn't think much of it; sometimes they can be a poor match. But I could support us while he looked for another, and sometimes that took weeks. (It was not easy; we had just moved from the east coast to the west coast and the cost of living is stupid ridiculous here)

I cosigned on the white Firebird he wanted (I admit it was a nice car :D). I considered both incomes as one, "our money". I divvied us out the same weekly allowance. He liked to go out for lunch; mostly this would consist of runs to the convenience store (yuck, but whatevs). When he ran out of money early (WAY early) I would share my allowance.

After awhile I had to ask why this was continuing to occur. He could not explain why he could not stretch out 60-70 bucks per work week for "lunch" and gas to get to and from a reasonably local job. So yes, I stopped sharing my allowance and he was not to use the ATM. I did not enjoy telling him how to spend or not spend what he helped earn. In fact I felt like total shit.

Day before the long Thanksgiving weekend started he announced he was going camping. WTF? We had an argument and he left. He was gone for 3 days and was completely unreachable. In the meantime, a strange (very strange) woman called me, looking for him...Oh, she thought we had broken up. Really. :tsk:

When he finally returned, I said it's over and all of his belongings were out on the balcony. He said he will miss "our nice TV and stuff"! He drove back home cross-country to his Mommy in the Firebird, on which he missed payments and eventually stopped paying for altogether. When I was notified by the bank of this distressing news, I sent them a copy of the dissolution papers with a letter stating I hadn't seen this idiot in over a year. They thankfully relieved my financial responsibility for the car and my excellent credit remained intact.

I am all for supporting my spouse's hobbies, but meth is not a hobby. Still kicking myself almost 2 decades later for ignoring the red flags.

Anyhoo...hope you enjoyed today's episode of "As the Stomach Churns". :lol:

(I never gave up on marriage, though. Like someone else said, it worked on the second try :))

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Splitting hairs. The Mustang falls into many categories:
pony car, muscle car, sports car, performance car, etc. Arguing otherwise is arguing semantics.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Eh, you're just looking in the wrong places ;)

Besides, some men are guilty of what you describe, too. And, sadly, sometimes someone DOES have to have control over the household finances.

Once upon a time I was married to someone else, had a high-paying career and was the main breadwinner. He had trouble keeping a couple jobs but I didn't think much of it; sometimes they can be a poor match. But I could support us while he looked for another, and sometimes that took weeks. (It was not easy; we had just moved from the east coast to the west coast and the cost of living is stupid ridiculous here)

I cosigned on the white Firebird he wanted (I admit it was a nice car :D). I considered both incomes as one, "our money". I divvied us out the same weekly allowance. He liked to go out for lunch; mostly this would consist of runs to the convenience store (yuck, but whatevs). When he ran out of money early (WAY early) I would share my allowance.

After awhile I had to ask why this was continuing to occur. He could not explain why he could not stretch out 60-70 bucks per work week for "lunch" and gas to get to and from a reasonably local job. So yes, I stopped sharing my allowance and he was not to use the ATM. I did not enjoy telling him how to spend or not spend what he helped earn. In fact I felt like total shit.

Day before the long Thanksgiving weekend started he announced he was going camping. WTF? We had an argument and he left. He was gone for 3 days and was completely unreachable. In the meantime, a strange (very strange) woman called me, looking for him...Oh, she thought we had broken up. Really. :tsk:

When he finally returned, I said it's over and all of his belongings were out on the balcony. He said he will miss "our nice TV and stuff"! He drove back home cross-country to his Mommy in the Firebird, on which he missed payments and eventually stopped paying for altogether. When I was notified by the bank of this distressing news, I sent them a copy of the dissolution papers with a letter stating I hadn't seen this idiot in over a year. They thankfully relieved my financial responsibility for the car and my excellent credit remained intact.

I am all for supporting my spouse's hobbies, but meth is not a hobby. Still kicking myself almost 2 decades later for ignoring the red flags.

Anyhoo...hope you enjoyed today's episode of "As the Stomach Churns". :lol:

(I never gave up on marriage, though. Like someone else said, it worked on the second try :))
You said it kat! There are enough people in the world that there is a match out there for everyone. Sometimes you don't get it right the first time, but it's worth it to keep trying until you find the right one. I can't imagine not having my wife in my life.

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I think the thread is focussing on the wrong issue here.

The change of job caused the problem, not the Mustang. The Mustang carries no blame!

Therefore, in my learned opinion, the solution would be to eliminate the job. You must resign from your new position forthwith. Nay, get fired to prove a point!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
The mustang is a muscle car
The S197 was Retro Muscle Car
The S550 is Tech City Sports Car

you sit lower than in the S197 the cockpit is much more tighter, the lines are much more sports car
this is 100% a V8 Beast of a Sports car

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
OP, put your foot down and keep your Mustang. :

Again...it was very tongue and cheek. I was by no means given an ultimatum.

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd