Sponsored

I got a new job, now wife wants me to get rid of the Mustang....

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
we have been married 21 years. We have been down to last dollar broke, and we have been comfortable, then a little in between over the years.

I have made more money then her, she has made more then me. We dont track it.

3 accounts. Bill Pay, Savings, and fun account. Money gets split up automatically. I honestly dont see each other paycheck. We are so beyond that.

We both talk and agree what the fun account gets spent on. Life is too short to argue about money.

Life is too short to argue over 16 miles.....:lol:
Sponsored

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just put new wheels and tires on the 'stang and I showed them to the wife and she literally only says....."oh, those are nice".

She never asks me, how much or questions anything that I spend, because she know that I provide for us and I am not TOO much of a spend thrift. Plus, she likes me to be happy.

I have a great wife.......took me the second time around to get it right though!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
She also probably has a nice life insurance policy on you...lol
Hmmm.

You may be on to something.

Last week I asked her if I died and she remarried would her new husband drive my Mustang. She said of course not, silly; he doesn't know how to drive stick.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have a great wife.......took me the second time around to get it right though!!
Yeah, I've kept my 2nd one for 42 years.

Actually kind of glad the first one didn't take. She was my grandfather's 2nd wife's (20 year) younger sister's daughter. It was too weird because I think that technically made me my own uncle.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
OP, put your foot down and keep your Mustang. Don't be like all the gutless caricatures you see in commercials and movies these days who are more like drones than men. You have your life and your say in the matter and it is your car, not hers. She'll just have to get over it. Besides, letting her tell you what to drive is a slippery slope that will lead to more expectations of acquiescence down the road.

Today's "men" have lost their balls. :doh:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I don't know how you married guys put up with that kind of crap. I guess owning a sports car isn't really a big topic that might come up before getting married, but I made sure that my fiancee was aware of what kind of life choices I wanted to make. Luckily she's fine with me driving whatever I want; she has her ride and I have mine.
Not all married guys put up with it. :thumbsup:

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
Back story...

My commute doubled 18 months ago going from 16 miles one way to 32 mile one way. I was spending 2.5 hours a day almost sitting in a car in traffic.

I bought my mustang so I could at least enjoy traffic.

Well, I got a new job and my commute will go back to the old 16 miles one way. The wife said, good, now can you get rid of the mustang and get a more practical car?

She is a hater. Thinks the car is too small.

Problem is, at the moment, there are no cars with manual transmissions that excite me. She wants another Audi, but the new S4 is a lowly 340 HP and DSG only.

Looks like she is going to be disappointed as I intend to keep the Mustang for a while.
:cheers::lol::lol::lol:

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I got a new job and the wife was like ok now you can get your mustang.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
This is Hilarious...... :doh: :crazy:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
2004 I had a major blowup with my wife. You see, I was in a minivan with 275,000 miles and it needed replacing. And 4 kids ages from 5 to 15. Anytime we went anywhere we drove her minivan. It was rare for all 4 kids needing to go somewhere at the same time other than family trips we took in her car.
I wanted back into a performance car, the wife is a control freak. She wanted me to get some big ass square box 4 door I could still throw all the kids in. I had found a '95 GT convertible within our budget. She flipped her wig when I manned up and bought it against her wishes.
Little did she know then that Mustang was the start of a lifestyle change for us. Now both my boys drive '95 GT's and we plan our family vacation around Mustang week.
Sure, it was a tough battle, but we all won because of it.

FYI: I had to swap cars with her only twice before my oldest started driving and I had to carry all 4 with me.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
i think you need to have a conversation about your wife with your wife more than getting a new car because your commute is 30 miles less...lol
the most backasswards thing ever lol.
must be more to the story we aren't being told lol.
Exactly the same thing I said to myself after reading that. I was like,.......WTF?!?!? Let me read that again! LOL :crazy: :crazy: :lol:
Sponsored