Mustang is gone...

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I trades the mustang in yesterday so I'm out of the mustang world again, but I will be back if the gt500 comes back. I'm hoping for a tt coyote with a 10 speed auto!

I am hoping I don't have to wait to long.
Sponsored

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
I trades the mustang in yesterday so I'm out of the mustang world again, but I will be back if the gt500 comes back. I'm hoping for a tt coyote with a 10 speed auto!

What did you get to replace it?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Ya. People have been hoping for the same thing you are for the last 3 GT500 refreshes... good luck on that one.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I've owned a bunch of Mustangs over the years and I'll probably own more. I currently have an S550 convertible and it's lacking compared to others I've owned. The 2013 I had was a better car than the S550.
I'm currently in negotiation to trade mine for a Hellcat. Local dealer is selling them at invoice. I'm burned out trying to find a Ford dealer willing to sell a 17 GT350 for a reasonable price. I get the adm thing. They are all in the gouge mode these days though. Time to move on till the Mach is resurrected.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I replaced the mustang with a 2017 Audi q7, but I'm planning on getting a 17 z06 at the end of the year. I'm holding out for the 17 model in hopes they fix some of the cooling issues.

I know the tt coyote with a 10 speed was a long shot on previous gt500 cars, but I don't think its all that far fetched on the next model. The zl1 is getting the 10 speed auto so the gt500 needs the same trans. I'm hoping for tt because I think the pd supercharger has run its course. It's time for a change in my opinion and with ford pushing all the ecoboost platforms it only seems the way to go.

If the gt500 doesn't get an auto I won't buy it. I've been playing the manual game for decades and fact is the new autos are just to fast.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... The 2013 I had was a better car than the S550.
"Better" is largely subjective. Better at some things, worse in others.

I'm currently in negotiation to trade mine for a Hellcat ... Time to move on till the Mach is resurrected.
Simple: Hellcat is not a Mustang. ;)

Wait for the Mach if it's ever built.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm burned out trying to find a Ford dealer willing to sell a 17 GT350 for a reasonable price.
I hear that, gave up and decided to mod and enjoy what I have.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm burned out trying to find a Ford dealer willing to sell a 17 GT350 for a reasonable price. I get the adm thing. They are all in the gouge mode these days though. Time to move on till the Mach is resurrected.
Don't give up on the car search. Buy the car that you really want, so you won't regret it later down the line. Do it once, do it right.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
"Better" is largely subjective. Better at some things, worse in others.

Simple: Hellcat is not a Mustang. ;)

Wait for the Mach if it's ever built.
Yes your right. I guess I should be clearer about my meaning. 13 was a better convertible than the 15. They increased the rake angle of the windshield too much on the new cars increasing the buffeting to the point it's intolerable.

Hellcat purchase doesn't rule out future Mustang purchases. Just no more convertibles for now. :D

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I've owned a bunch of Mustangs over the years and I'll probably own more. I currently have an S550 convertible and it's lacking compared to others I've owned. The 2013 I had was a better car than the S550.
I'm currently in negotiation to trade mine for a Hellcat. Local dealer is selling them at invoice. I'm burned out trying to find a Ford dealer willing to sell a 17 GT350 for a reasonable price. I get the adm thing. They are all in the gouge mode these days though. Time to move on till the Mach is resurrected.
Autonation Ford in Katy, Texas had 13 Shelby GT350s and one GT350R in their showroom at the beginning of this month. They were charging $5000 over MSRP for their GT350s. The GT350R was already sold shipping to someone in California.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Good luck in the Hellcat purchase, invoice is a hell of a deal. I just got mine you will love it. It's a little heavy on hard braking but so much fun. Once you drive it you won't care about the weight.

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert

Interesting! I find the S550 to be an upgrade from my 2014 S197 convertible in many ways.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
TRUER words were never spoken,now here is a man that knows his Mustangs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP

Interesting! I find the S550 to be an upgrade from my 2014 S197 convertible in many ways.
Everyone does. The s197 is inferior compared to the s550 in pretty much every aspect...
Sponsored