Add Android to OEM MFT & Sync 3

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Options are good, and there's something to be said for running Android ON the head unit, but I lean toward the options that don't use sync as that's where my issues lie.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Everyone with the full-size sync 3 unit will get android/apple car stuff.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Does this have full access to play store apps?

Sponsored

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Interested!

Is this Android Auto, requiring an Android phone to use? Or a separate Android OS that doesn't need an Android phone?

OP
OP

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Just got a demo unit!
Unfortunately I can't test it yet as I'm still looking for a car with Sync 3 here in UAE :shrug: - It seems we don't have Sync 3 yet

As you can see it's a plug & play module.
Features:

-Front camera activation (shows front camera when gear is in Drive till certain speed) easy connection to added front camera .

-Use google maps for navigation or download any map manufacture you want from google play store like Navigion.

-Download any app you whant from like Facebook, Twitter, Tunein radio , Youtube, Netflix ,Hbo etc …. just like an android phone .

-USB input for Movies.

-Sd card input for android programs like navigation .

-Audio output from Android: Bluetooth to factory system or Aux connection to car.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
So this only works with Sync 3? I thought you said earlier its for vehicle with MFT as well?

Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was intrigued by everything until I saw the price point. I just don't see your market at $600. Anyone that already has Sync 3 will be able to use their Android or Apple phone to do pretty much exactly what this product does by the end of the year. The only people I can see picking this up are people that don't have the patience to wait until (at most) the end of the year or don't know about the update coming at all.

I like the product though!

OP
OP

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I was intrigued by everything until I saw the price point. I just don't see your market at $600. Anyone that already has Sync 3 will be able to use their Android or Apple phone to do pretty much exactly what this product does by the end of the year. The only people I can see picking this up are people that don't have the patience to wait until (at most) the end of the year or don't know about the update coming at all.

I like the product though!
You're right about the price point but there's a huge difference between this and Android Auto as this is a an independent system and won't need a phone to be connected via USB.
Plus ALL and any app can be installed on it like YouTube and Netflix etc on the other hand Android Auto will only expose a few apps
Sponsored