Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So what temp does it go into limp? I just got the Nguage to measure and drove around yesterday in 100 degree weather and after some serious hot laps in an undisclosed area only got to 258 and no limp. It does heat soak and won't cool much until you park it, even then it takes forever to cool down. These really should have had coolers from the get go. Hell, my Jeep and F150 have coolers.
Not sure what temperature, but I had mine go into limp within 10 minutes in the first round of an HPDE with all novices and very limited passing allowed. And it was in the 60s at the time.
Sponsored

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
At this point it doesn't really matter. Assuming the cooler setup is released soon all the 16 techs with added coolers will be the same as a 17.

Getting a 16 at sticker or at a lower finance amount actually makes sense when the other option is MSRP or an ADM on the 17.
The 16 will never work as well as the 17 unless you replace the transmission with the internal pump and add all the factory parts

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The 16 will never work as well as the 17 unless you replace the transmission with the internal pump and add all the factory parts
Do you know that because you've seen the two Ford options - or because you're a drivetrain engineer? :rolleyes:

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Do you know that because you've seen the two Ford options - or because you're a drivetrain engineer? :rolleyes:
Cus I have both cars and I've spoke with tons of people that build these transmissions and to people that race them..and one guy that has added a cooler actually feels that the tranny cooler if added I's possibly just tricking the temp sensor due to where the fluid is removed and replaced .
Also the company I work for has a race shop right next to my building and that's all they do is work on stuff like this

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I'm happy to wait and see what the solution is from Ford - maybe they'll surprise us with a solution that's even better than what the R has, especially now that there have been rumors that Rs are cooking their trannies too.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm happy to wait and see what the solution is from Ford - maybe they'll surprise us with a solution that's even better than what the R has, especially now that there have been rumors that Rs are cooking their trannies too.
Has anyone actually blown a 350 tans yet? I'm starting to wonder if the GT's suffer from this heat issue as well, but don't have the sensor in the trans?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Link to the rumor threads that R's are cooking trannies please?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Has anyone actually blown a 350 tans yet? I'm starting to wonder if the GT's suffer from this heat issue as well, but don't have the sensor in the trans?
Based on posts it sounds like at least 2 members have had trannys replaced do to grinding(synchros) apparently this forum is hush hush so perhaps more.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Cus I have both cars and I've spoke with tons of people that build these transmissions and to people that race them..and one guy that has added a cooler actually feels that the tranny cooler if added I's possibly just tricking the temp sensor due to where the fluid is removed and replaced .
Also the company I work for has a race shop right next to my building and that's all they do is work on stuff like this
Unless i misunderstood what you've just said, i doubt Ford engineers would release a solution just as to trick the temp sensor and shut base-tech owners up once and for all.:doh:

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Its funny you say that..while I was at the dealership dealing with the problems with my tech car a saleslady that always sees me up there asked me what was going on and after explaing to her she told me one of her customers was having tranny issues with there gt and was being told the tranny was getting hot

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Link to the rumor threads that R's are cooking trannies please?
Sorry, second-hand reports - haven't seen anything here - which is why I said rumors. If I could have substatiated them, I would have reported the details.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You know they get just as hot, GT350 aero may add /trap some additional heat but no sensor, no problem. It doesn't help that they run the fluid in the Tremec that they do.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Based on posts it sounds like at least 2 members have had trannys replaced do to grinding(synchros) apparently this forum is hush hush so perhaps more.
One of the guys who experienced the issue is local to me. He doesn't beat on his car and it had low mileage. It sounds like a production issue that only some will experience. Hence why they are just replaced with no need for tear down. My guess is not so much hush hush, but the other owners may not post here. There's like 5-6 of these GT350 sites now

I don't have a crystal ball, but since you do can you tell me what next months super lotto numbers are also?
Sponsored