Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
@UPRSteve does this work with the holley manifold? My buddy is curious
Have not tested it yet. Recently swapped the one on mine to AirAid and it worked with a different coupler. I don't see why it can't be the same with this one.
Sponsored

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
Have not tested it yet. Recently swapped the one on mine to AirAid and it worked with a different coupler. I don't see why it can't be the same with this one.
Good to know if the results for the Holley is ever released with results.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Is it possible to purchase the maf sensor separate and use it on a same diameter but different aftermarket intake? For example Steeda or JLT with insert removed and MAF from PMS.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Good to know if the results for the Holley is ever released with results.

Don't get me started on that. I had to through some bodies around this morning. lol

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Is it possible to purchase the maf sensor separate and use it on a same diameter but different aftermarket intake? For example Steeda or JLT with insert removed and MAF from PMS.

The MAF is calibrated to the tube size which differs from other brands.

Sponsored

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
If any vendors are running special please send me a PM, i'm ready to purchase the non-tune version. maybe i can do before and after dyno as well since i haven't dyno'd my car yet.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
If any vendors are running special please send me a PM, i'm ready to purchase the non-tune version. maybe i can do before and after dyno as well since i haven't dyno'd my car yet.
Seeing how I posted this thread saying we offer it.. Have you tried calling us?

561-588-6630

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The MAF is calibrated to the tube size which differs from other brands.
Looks like the PMAS and JLT is running 120 mm diameter tubes for the maf housing. So if thats the case maybe you guys can sell the maf sensor for jlt intake owners which does not want to tune but gain max performance? Any other intakes running 120 mm dia maf housing?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Looks like the PMAS and JLT is running 120 mm diameter tubes for the maf housing. So if thats the case maybe you guys can sell the maf sensor for jlt intake owners which does not want to tune but gain max performance? Any other intakes running 120 mm dia maf housing?
How about no. And pmas entire tube stays larger then jlts. Jlts tube is not optimized the way pmas is. If you want pmas technology buy pmas. If not go jlt. This isnt lets make a deal with pmas. Its a pretty rude suggestion you have

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Seems like there's a whole lot of not grasping the concept going on here. PMAS has stated way their product is superior. Reading and Comprehension are lacking in this thread.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Seems like there's a whole lot of not grasping the concept going on here. PMAS has stated way their product is superior. Reading and Comprehension are lacking in this thread.
Yep. This is a very special intake--it's one of a kind. The research and design behind it is top notch, and while I can't speak for the research done on other intakes UPR has clearly put a lot into this product. You can't just part it out and combine pieces of other units because you'll end up with a trash version of multiple CAI's. The specialness of the PMAS can't be gained with other intakes by mixing parts.

I'd still like to see some independent dynos or time slips with the PMAS unit vs Stock though, but what I've seen so far is hard to argue with.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yep. This is a very special intake--it's one of a kind. The research and design behind it is top notch, and while I can't speak for the research done on other intakes the PMAS has clearly put a lot into this product. You can't just part it out and combine pieces of other units because you'll end up with a trash version of multiple CAI's. The specialness of the PMAS can't be gained with other intakes by mixing parts.

I'd still like to see some independent dynos or time slips with the PMAS unit vs Stock though, but what I've seen so far is hard to argue with.
There is a guy using this intake and a lund flex fuel running 11.8s with a slipping clutch at 119-120s. However he also did an x pipe mod and muffler delete. But thats pretty minimal for power. I dont believe hes on the board. Hes manual and running slicks also.

Last edited:

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Ordered and excited.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
PMAS intake is no joke. Before I sold my car, I was one of the first people to really help out fix the kinks. I bought the V1 intake used from a forum member on here, had some bugs but nothing a little determination couldn't fix. Fast forward to now, the newest versions work like a charm. The tune-required intake is superb, I gave the MAF-Transfer function to Lund and we personally got the tune working flawlessly, so its a matter of telling Lund you have the intake and he sends you a tune that is already calibrated with the proper MAF scaling.

The tune-required version is not a trick, its not a gimmick. Its very simple actually. You plug in the OEM Maf to a "control box" and the box plugs into your car's ecu. All the box does is scale the signal to account for the more air coming in. PMAS has flowed the intake, and knows exactly how much air is coming in at X RPM. The box scales it so the amount of fuel needed for x air coming in matches perfectly with the OEM maf signal from the stock ECU, so if the amount of air coming in at PMAS at 3000 RPM is equal to what the old intake would get at lets say 3200 RPM, the control box will tell your car that it is taking in the amount of air that the original intake would take in at 3200 rpm.

There is no trick involved here, all it is doing is properly re-scaling the MAF signal instead of re-calibrating the ECU. No fake power here.

For those of you trying to low-ball, go ahead and just go with another intake brand. There was a lot of money paid out by PMAS to get this working properly, its hard being a small company trying to start up when you have arrogant forum members trying to nickel and dime you just because you dont want to spend the money. Bigger companies that can give discounts have the funding to waste away, smaller companies don't. They make far less profit, so please be respectful.
Sponsored