PMAS Intake Systems from UPR Products. TUNE AND NO TUNE INTAKES

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
The tube may stay 5" but it will still need to be reduced to connect to the throttle body. You also use a S&B filter as most aftermarket kits so filter design sounds a little iffy. I know they offer tons of sizes and that could also impact flow. I would love to see some independent verification of your product. Believe me if for $300 dollars I could see those gains you would have my money. I guess my distrust has to do with a lot of products that are overhyped on this forum and offer nothing but bling under the hood. For instance wasn't UPR stating AirRaid was the best just a couple weeks ago?http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53823
Now they sell PMAS intakes and it's the same song and dance.
I don't blame UPR. We just started selling this system. It's not their fault we made something better.

The pipe does reduce right at the throttle body but remember a 5' piece of 5" pipe with 1' of 3" pipe at the end has less restriction than a 6' piece of 3" pipe.

We do not use an off the shelf filter from S&B. We designed the filter and it was specifically tooled for us. It is nothing like the filters used in cold air systems. You can not buy it from them. The filter is an open base design to fit a very large velocity stack. The filter media also starts below the velocity stack so the stack is not shrouded. These types of things increase flow and give a more stable and repeatable maf output. It also forces the filter to be mounted exactly how it was designed. You can not move it and screw up the maf output. We also don't use screens to restrict flow and correct poor design of the maf assembly.

If you look a few posts up there are two cars with independent verification.
image.jpg
image.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Back when intakes were just coming out and Bama was the only one tuning the 2015 mustang they did a video with the JLT intake and it picked up like 10hp but picked it up after like 5200 RPM. Under that they were identical I can't understand how this picks up power down low. Also would I have to have a new tune for this one over the tune I have now with my JLT? Or could I just swap them? Idc really either way it's just good info to have
It picks up power down low because we have a lot less pressure drop even at low flows.

I saw the same article and if you read it again you will notice they added timing in the tune.

You won't need a completely different tune but you will need to swap the JLT maf transfer function with ours.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
i currently have a lund tune are they familiar with this intake? seems very promising

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I don't blame UPR. We just started selling this system. It's not their fault we made something better.

The pipe does reduce right at the throttle body but remember a 5' piece of 5" pipe with 1' of 3" pipe at the end has less restriction than a 6' piece of 3" pipe.

We do not use an off the shelf filter from S&B. We designed the filter and it was specifically tooled for us. It is nothing like the filters used in cold air systems. You can not buy it from them. The filter is an open base design to fit a very large velocity stack. The filter media also starts below the velocity stack so the stack is not shrouded. These types of things increase flow and give a more stable and repeatable maf output. It also forces the filter to be mounted exactly how it was designed. You can not move it and screw up the maf output. We also don't use screens to restrict flow and correct poor design of the maf assembly.

If you look a few posts up there are two cars with independent verification.
By independent I meant not a dyno posted by UPR or someone stating gains. Unbiased third party results good or bad is what I was after. Definitely wasn't trying to cloud your thread or come off like a dick. Your responses have been very informative and have swayed my original thoughts.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
By independent I meant not a dyno posted by UPR or someone stating gains. Unbiased third party results good or bad is what I was after. Definitely wasn't trying to cloud your thread or come off like a dick. Your responses have been very informative and have swayed my original thoughts.
I didn't take it that way at all man. Pat5.0 posted results from two different cars. I'm sure he will get around to posting the dyno. He is a stand up guy with a fast car.

Also yes Lund is very familiar with our intakes and transfer function.

Sponsored

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any dyno graphs for the tune version to see the power gains compared to the no tune version

Sponsored

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
I just ordered, so if anyone is looking for a nice Roush CAI hit me up.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Your clearly right, so what's the point of a tune and no tune version if they make the same power
If you want to tune buy the version that requires a tune and save $100. It is cheaper because it does not come with a MAF, it reuses the stock one and the table changes are made in the ECU by the tuner.

The no tune version included a reprogrammed OEM MAF that has the table changes incorporated. The MAF itself is almost $100 so they are really just passing on the cost.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
[MENTION=13019]UPRSteve[/MENTION]does this work with the holley manifold? My buddy is curious
Sponsored