Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

s550_Arctic_Knight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Well, I visited Steeda yesterday to purchase some suspension goodies and David had me sit in one of the shop cars and feel the short throw shifter. I have the first street short throw shifter with 10% reduction in shifts and after feeling the race short throw shifter mine feels like crap in comparison. I'm not sorry I bought the shifter I am currently using because it's worlds better than stock but I'm definitely going to upgrade when I do my next round of mods. Damn you David, LOL. That race short throw is too sweet and feels so fluid and solid. I will be picking one up in a couple of months (or weeks, lol). I'm blessed and cursed to have Steeda only 10 minutes from home! This is the first car I have ever modified and the guys at Steeda are all so knowledgeable and helpful, they are a class act.
You can't go wrong with the tri-ax.
Sponsored

Oko3612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic PP 15 GT
Well, I visited Steeda yesterday to purchase some suspension goodies and David had me sit in one of the shop cars and feel the short throw shifter. I have the first street short throw shifter with 10% reduction in shifts and after feeling the race short throw shifter mine feels like crap in comparison. I'm not sorry I bought the shifter I am currently using because it's worlds better than stock but I'm definitely going to upgrade when I do my next round of mods. Damn you David, LOL. That race short throw is too sweet and feels so fluid and solid. I will be picking one up in a couple of months (or weeks, lol). I'm blessed and cursed to have Steeda only 10 minutes from home! This is the first car I have ever modified and the guys at Steeda are all so knowledgeable and helpful, they are a class act.
I probably got to sit in the same shop car. The shifter is truly amazing. I'm just patiently waiting for a sale to throw my money at it:cheers:

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I probably got to sit in the same shop car. The shifter is truly amazing. I'm just patiently waiting for a sale to throw my money at it:cheers:
same. Memorial day sale by chance??

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
If you're looking to pick this up before the sale, please feel free to pm me!

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Finally got the shifter installed this past Friday! It is a truly solid feeling shifter, I definitely like it! Thanks [MENTION=11069]bmfa[/MENTION] for the install help

Only issue I'm having with it though, is that 6th gear locks out about 20% of the time when going from 5-6. Luckily zero issues in any of the other lower gears where the hard driving is happening, but still annoying every now and then...

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Finally got the shifter installed this past Friday! It is a truly solid feeling shifter, I definitely like it! Thanks [MENTION=11069]bmfa[/MENTION] for the install help

Only issue I'm having with it though, is that 6th gear locks out about 20% of the time when going from 5-6. Luckily zero issues in any of the other lower gears where the hard driving is happening, but still annoying every now and then...
Think I missed 6th a few times when I first got mine. But seems to have resolved itself, as it's fine now. Probably just needs a little time to break in and limber up a bit. :cheers:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Thanks to David I just ordered the Tri Ax shifter! My installers are going to be busy with all the Steeda parts I recently purchased. Can't wait to have all of them installed later this week or early next week when the rest arrive.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
After reading all 26 pages of this and debating back and forth over the MGW and the tri-ax I decided to go with the TRI-AX! I really wanted to go with MGW but seemed as if this one is more suited for me and my driving style/ease of install/cheaper. Ordered!
You made a great choice! The shifter truly changes the driving dynamics of the car.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Think I missed 6th a few times when I first got mine. But seems to have resolved itself, as it's fine now. Probably just needs a little time to break in and limber up a bit. :cheers:
What's up with us 5-6 shift thing. Anyone else care to comment? My OCD won't let me spend money if I think there is any potenial issue. What exactly is there in the shifter that would need to "break-in"?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
What's up with us 5-6 shift thing. Anyone else care to comment? My OCD won't let me spend money if I think there is any potenial issue. What exactly is there in the shifter that would need to "break-in"?
Well, the shifter is a mechanical device. So maybe the parts need to rub against one another for a while to limber up.

But then again, the times I missed 6th could have just been user error. I have not had any issues for quite a while now. I love the Tri-Ax. :cheers:

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Thanks to David I just ordered the Tri Ax shifter! My installers are going to be busy with all the Steeda parts I recently purchased. Can't wait to have all of them installed later this week or early next week when the rest arrive.
Just ordered mine thanks to David as well! :)
Awesome news! Can't wait to hear your driving impressions, congrats! :)

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
No issues here...loving my Tri-Ax!!

The only break in needed if any is when using the taller (stiffer) springs. I'm still running on stock fluids.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] which spring is used in the shop car shifter? I want to use the same one when mine gets installed.
Sponsored