Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all! I know this is an old thread and not sure if I'll hear back, but can anyone who's installed this shifter give me feedback on the NVH they've encountered after?

I'm OK with some NVH considering the mod, I just want to know I'm supposed to be hearing what I'm hearing, if that makes sense...

Thanks in advance!
There should be no NVH when properly installed - please send me your contact info to put you in touch with one of our techs.
Sponsored

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Resurrecting this thread because I finished installing this shifter in my car this morning. Initial impressions are this thing is very stiff; I don't have the springs in as I'd read that a few people had trouble engaging 1st gear with the springs in, even the short ones. The shorter shifter and throws were a bit strange as I tend to now grab the shift boot instead of the reverse lockout collar to engage reverse gear. After I backed out of the garage I put the lever in 3rd gear rather than 1st. Reading about a few accounts of reverse being engaged without using the lockout collar made me a bit nervous bit I soon got the hang of it. I think I used sufficient Dynamat because I hear no more noise or feel no more vibration than with the stock shifter.

Installing this thing took a bit longer than has been reported. Granted I'm not an expert mechanic by any means but doing it myself is somewhat in my nature. Took me a whole day doing it by myself. Still, it's done and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy shifting my car.

Last edited:

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Resurrecting this thread because I finished installing this shifter in my car this morning. Initial impressions are this thing is very stiff; I don't have the springs in as I'd read that a few people had trouble engaging 1st gear with the springs in, even the short ones. The shorter shifter and throws were a bit strange as I tend to now grab the shift boot instead of the reverse lockout collar to engage reverse gear. After I backed out of the garage I put the lever in 3rd gear rather than 1st. Reading about a few accounts of reverse being engaged without using the lockout collar made me a bit nervous bit I soon got the hang of it. I think I used sufficient Dynamat because I hear no more noise or feel no more vibration than with the stock shifter.

Installing this thing took a bit longer than has been reported. Granted I'm not an expert mechanic by any means but doing it myself is somewhat in my nature. Took me a whole day doing it by myself. Still, it's done and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy shifting my car.
Very nice. I have the “race” springs in mine and it is a bit hard to get into first gear but they break in once you drive it a bit. All the other stuff you’re referencing you get used to.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Had mine installed by Steeda a couple of weeks ago in my 2020 Bullitt. Took a few shifts through the gears to get the feel but am totally comfortable. No more sloppiness or play and....no more missing going from 2nd to 3rd in hard pulls.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Did a search of the thread about the set screws for the reverse lockout collar coming loose and out of their respective holes and didn't find many responses, at least in this thread so it seems like an uncommon problem. I had to reset them last night but applied some Loctite so they don't come loose, as easily so there's not a next time, not that it's an impossible task.
Sponsored