Sponsored

BLAZE489's GT350 LIFE

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
So the car finally came in! Almost 9 months of waiting. This will be like [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7132]Trackaholic[/MENTION] posts, but since this is my first manual it will be from a novice perspective. My first track day is in about a month so I got some time to put the 1000 miles and to get more comfortable with the stick. Also like [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] build thread where I will keep everyone posted about my progress.

Some Personal Info, After years of hard work of going to LSU and graduating in Civil Engineering. Then getting my dream job to be able to buy my dream car. I ordered it 8 months ago on my 26th bday and kept it a secret. Paid in full after saving for 2 years of working my civil engineering and bartending jobs. Grateful of my parents believing in me to get through school and to stick to my goals.

This will be a more laid back and fun tread.

First day with the car, leaning stick was harder than I thought. If you guys remember, I made a post trying to learn to drive stick, I called every type of rental company/ personal rental and no one had manuals. So my dad had to take it off the lot because signing everything took longer, and wasn't as early and as little traffic as I wanted. We got to my neighborhood and I started trying to get it down. I was either stall/spuddering or slightly squeaking the tires, no in between. My dad said maybe its because was on my street with with cars parked on it and I was a little nervous of hitting them. My Dad made it look easy, then my mom wanted to try and made dad was like "this car is to powerful for you, you will never be able to drive it." So I was mom just try it, She does it perfectly and more smooth than him :D. It was then later in the day and I had to go to work so I just took my Mustang instead. I am a civil engineer during the weekdays and bartend on the weekends.

So next day we wake up at 7AM and go to the mall with the wide open back lot. Way better, After a little I finally get it to be more smooth. Rarely do I stall. I finally got that when it starts to move I still need just a tad bit a clutch in. Also the second more tougher part of the spring I have to let out alot slower. I went on the interstate and even went inside my works garage, I probably need to purposely stop on the ramps so I know what to do incase that happens.

Also I made a thread if my car will clear my driveway ramp and it does :D . I go and pull both the front and back right tires on the mountable curb like I am parallel parking then I cut my wheel when I get to the driveway. and it works. I had about 1-2 inches of clearance.

8.7 miles on the odometer. I love my car!
IMG_3293.jpg
IMG_3294.jpg
IMG_3295.jpg
IMG_3296.jpg
IMG_3301.jpg
IMG_3305.jpg
IMG_3306.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
Awesome story and congrats. It's gresat when hard work pays off!

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
welcome to the southern louisiana gt350 club!

There is a huge cars and coffee next month at nola motorsports park, you should try to come through!

If you see a black stripe delete gt350 with a flat black roof around town, that's me.

If you need any help with the car, shoot me a PM. happy to help!

Congrats!

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I will be there, I was going to sign up for the HPDE 1 the same weekend, but they filled up right before I could sign up. I am doing the open track day for cars the day before though.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Glad you finally got it man.

I will tell you what everyone tells me.... Don't skip leg day!

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Very nice! Congrats and enjoy driving it! :thumbsup:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Congrats. That is a great intro so to speak. Before long, driving a stick will be second nature. Also great job paying cash.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you finally got it man.

I will tell you what everyone tells me.... Don't skip leg day!
Now I know why my cousin complains every time its his turn to drive and it falls two days after leg day lol

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took these right after they dropped it off the truck. This is in the little service lot where they installed the splitter.
GOPR0503.jpg
GOPR0504.jpg
GOPR0505.jpg
GOPR0506.jpg
GOPR0507.jpg
GOPR0508.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

1BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 Expedition
Congrats Blaze! Enjoy it! I picked mine up yesterday am and already have roared 648 miles thru the back roads and hills of western NY and PA.... Love your Magnetic!!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Fantastic car, and sounds like you have worked hard to pay for it.

Enjoy! :headbang:

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Story on the First day:

When I first start going around my neighbor hood, I feel like it was every little kids birthday yesterday and so many cars parked everywhere. I'm thinking of course my neighbor hood is crazy with activity the weekend i get her, every other weekend it would have been fine.

Also one block I kept going around one corner house an old guy was sitting on his porch watching me kill it every other go. I started laughing and saying he is probably thinking "look at these kids these days, can not even drive a manual, back in my day that is all we had." :) He smiled every time I drove it smoothly without squeaking the tires though.

One group of 10-12 year old boys screamed out "cool car!" Have to teach them young ford is the way to go :) When I am older I am going to see all the younger guys do the same thing I am doing.

The group of girls got scared once, when I accidentally pealed off, I was like "well that wasn't good"