Sponsored

Gt350 intake vs stock GT intake tested on a Mustang dyno. Results; The good, the bad

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Ahhhh okay. I was talking about another thread posted today where the 350 intake did very, very well.
Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
One thing I do wonder, though. The OP's car, with the stock intake, LT's, exhaust, cai, tune, clutch and slicks has trapped 124. With similar mods, what does the GT350 intake run?
I haven't seen any GT350 cars at the track yet, not to mention the weather is warming up and DA is not going to be as good for long....

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I haven't seen any GT350 cars at the track yet, not to mention the weather is warming up and DA is not going to be as good for long....
So true, my friends drag their feet too much this fall/winter and now they've put their trips off until later on this year.

I can wait for the results, longtubes are next on my list... Just trying to decide catted vs catless.

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The tracks are not even open up north. We will still have some really good DA to work with for a month or so. I really wish I had been able to get my hand on one of the intakes. I would have track tested them both out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steph93lx

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
The OP is literally the only person to have lost power like this. I forgot the group on FB, but these dyno runs were easily picked apart when he tried to post them there.

And no tune changes for the 350 intake. Only those required to make it run.....wow
Just to make things straight I never post on FB. I don't even have FB but a friend told me about the discussion. Some of them have run faster with the stock intake than the gt350 but they remain silent!. Funny nobody but one have been fast with a gt350 intake and he have a M6 car has expected.

I know of a guy on this forum with a auto on stock converter that loose E.T. with the gt350 intake compare to the stock one in even better DA because he was loosing to much in the first 1/8 and is tuned by Lund with both intake, he went 11.87 118 1.76 60ft vs 12.17@115 1.89. 60 ft.

I did not loose peak HP but I loss tq and hp down low like about any aftermarket intake that has been tested on coyote engine since 2011. Test was done on my friend car with limited time just to give the big line on the gt350 intake characteristics. On my car it will be 100% tuned but it will still loose to the stock intake down low but I am sure I will be faster at the track. As far has tuning I think my car with the stock intake is pretty much spot on so will be the gt350 tune!

Highest tq on a dynojet from a gt350 with headers and bolt on Is around 385-390 pound ft with a stock intake it's 410+.

I don't race on dyno so please people with gt350 intake show me the time slips especially A6 with stock converter and 3.15 gear!

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I don't have a 350 intake, nor do I have an automatic. I don't have a dog in this fight, just a casual observer.

Also, you're admitting that the intake needs a converter and/or a high RPM launch in a stick car to make the most of the lost torque.

So someone with a poorly planned combo went slower. Noted.

OP
OP
steph93lx

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I don't have a 350 intake, nor do I have an automatic. I don't have a dog in this fight, just a casual observer.

Also, you're admitting that the intake needs a converter and/or a high RPM launch in a stick car to make the most of the lost torque.

So someone with a poorly planned combo went slower. Noted.

The point is that he lost torque down low with a mighty Lund tune with the gt350 intake.

My point is we need more player on the field and less observer and we need that people that already track it to post the results good or bad to help the others!

I am a observer myself has the tracks are not prepped right now here and frankly I am not in a hurry since I am not finished with all my test with my stock intake.

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i will be hitting the track this month with my current setup jlt cai ported stock tb stock intake sw off road longtubes w gibson catback diablo cmr tune shifting at 7250 rpms. late this month ill be getting gt350 intake with stock ported tb shifting at 7500. auto with 3.15 gears.

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Geesh! All this conflicting info! I don't know what to do! I really want this combo to work with the GT350 intake.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I just looked at a log from my remote tuning, 52.2 @ 6700

This is the first file sent over from the tuner. :headbang:

GT350 Intake, Comp Cams and supporting mods. I cant wait to pull this intake to 8K +!

Care to elaborate "supporting mods"?

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I read that first post and he still wrotte supporting mods at the end.. That is why I'm asking what are those. ;)
All the mods are in that thread. If you dont want to read thats up to you. Last time i checked he stated what they were. :shrug:

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
All the mods are in that thread. If you dont want to read thats up to you. Last time i checked he stated what they were. :shrug:
I read it already since the start. I see no extra mods than the stated on the first post he did.

"GT350 Intake / TB
Comp Cams
JLT Intake
ARH Full Exhaust
Billet OPG and Billet Timing Gear
ATI Damper
...and supporting mods."
Sponsored