Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I too would like to echo the OUTSTANDING representation Alex has been as a vendor rep for AmericanMuscle.com. I reached out to him regarding the AmericanMuscle sale and the wheels I ordered being discontinued and Alex went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything ANY vendor has ever done to retain a customer. The absolute best in the business, without haggle or hassle just pure professionalism from Alex.

MAJOR PROPS to Alex not only as a person but as a rep for a company that if they wanted could tell the customer to pound sand but instead chose the high road to accommodate.

THANKS ALEX AND AMERICANMUSCLE.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Sale is back on! Different wheels this time around though. AM must be doing some spring cleaning to clear out the warehouse. :D

http://www.americanmuscle.com/special-sale-2-2015.html
[MENTION=22345]Hurricane[/MENTION] - Doing my job for me!

Ok guys I am at a crossroad. I took my car to the dealer today to get my mmd 551c 19" wheels installed and the fronts rub the outside of the calliper. The issue is the design of the 551 wheel. They put a lip in the center of the barrel to mount the valve stem in which is rubbing the calliper ever so slightly. I can mount the wheels and turn them but they rub just enough to make a noise. I could return them and go up to a 20" but I have already purchased new tires to mount on them. I am considering shaving the top of the calliper down slightly. I have the PP brembos and they seem pretty meaty, I don't think 1-2mm removed would hurt the calliper. Any ideas?

That's really off but Aarron is right and the last thing I want you doing with a brand new car is shaving/filing as even at that rate I'm not sure if they would allow for clearance.

I'm happy to take a return back on these and try to get you into something that clears more. Like Aaron said there's a few other variable and most if not all the issues that I'm seeing are the spokes (At least on the issues that I've come across)

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I too would like to echo the OUTSTANDING representation Alex has been as a vendor rep for AmericanMuscle.com. I reached out to him regarding the AmericanMuscle sale and the wheels I ordered being discontinued and Alex went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything ANY vendor has ever done to retain a customer. The absolute best in the business, without haggle or hassle just pure professionalism from Alex.

MAJOR PROPS to Alex not only as a person but as a rep for a company that if they wanted could tell the customer to pound sand but instead chose the high road to accommodate.

THANKS ALEX AND AMERICANMUSCLE
[MENTION=17052]Ultrakla$$ic[/MENTION]

Thank you very much for the kind words sir, this made my day.

Alex

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=17052]Ultrakla$$ic[/MENTION]

Thank you very much for the kind words sir, this made my day.

Alex
You've earned it my friend. Impeccable representation!:cheers:

Sponsored

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
@Hurricane - Doing my job for me!
:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, none of the wheels in the current sale appeal to me, but that's alright. I'd rather wait a little longer and buy what I really want, then settle for something else just because it's on sale. Besides, I anticipate some serious Memorial Day sales coming from many of the vendors on here in about two short months. :cool:

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, none of the wheels in the current sale appeal to me, but that's alright. I'd rather wait a little longer and buy what I really want, then settle for something else just because it's on sale. Besides, I anticipate some serious Memorial Day sales coming from many of the vendors on here in about two short months. :cool:
You better believe it. We're going to be doing some really crazy deals along with some out of this world sweepstakes coming up soon.

Stay Tuned!

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
You better believe it. We're going to be doing some really crazy deals along with some out of this world sweepstakes coming up soon.

Stay Tuned!
looks like I missed out on the $300 wheel set give away last week -_- hey if you want to toss me some MMD 551 or Sinn set in 20" variant for $300 I got cash on hand :)

OP
OP

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
That looks amazing [MENTION=21820]89stang[/MENTION] red and black is such a good color combo.

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Just a fair word of warning, I just left the tire shop, and the OEM Valve stems with the tpms hit the calipers on the front. And I don't have PP brakes. 19x10 +45mm offset with the 5mm spacers.

I'm having them install short valve stems without the sensors, and I'll figure something out.

Is there any way possible you could post a pic regarding this??? I have these same wheels being shipped tomorrow and I'd like to avoid this disaster!!!!

So the valve stems hit the calipers?? I too have non-PP brakes and don't need this happening.

OP
OP

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They funny thing is, I checked for fitment when I ordered my 551's and it said fits all. Now when I go and look under fitment it has a note that says will not fit 4piston or 6piston caliper equipped cars. Im still not sure what I'm going to do about my setup. I'm Waiting to hear back from Alex to figure out something. My fronts will not move when bolted down as they sit right on top of the caliper. I was thinking the 20" version might fit but that might be out as well due to the valve stem issue.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
They funny thing is, I checked for fitment when I ordered my 551's and it said fits all. Now when I go and look under fitment it has a note that says will not fit 4piston or 6piston caliper equipped cars. Im still not sure what I'm going to do about my setup. I'm Waiting to hear back from Alex to figure out something. My fronts will not move when bolted down as they sit right on top of the caliper. I was thinking the 20" version might fit but that might be out as well due to the valve stem issue.
So you have this problem of the valve stem contacting the brake caliper too???????

OP
OP

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I have that problem as well as the bead that the valve stem sits in hits my caliper.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4

Finally got around to taking some pics. Holgen 20x10 45mm all the way around. Nitto 275/35 NT555 G2's. No spacers. Going to buy some 5mm for all the corners. May do an 8mm. Just ordered my Steeda progressives, bushing kit, and alignment kit. Hopefully will get installed next weekend.

Side note got my Borla ATAKs from my 13 welded in. Hard to tell from the pic but they fill up the the exhaust cutout. H Pipe is on the way too.
Sponsored