Sponsored

Where are all the timeslips at? (Camaro vs Mustang)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The 4th gen didn't die because of the LS1. It died despite it. The rest of the car wasn't what (enough) people wanted. I think it is the styling that really killed it.

I actually love the early gen5 mustang's styling(pre 10' refresh). I prefer its looks to the 10-12' and 13-14'. Would love one with a fox swap.
exactly. the engine in the car is irrelevant. You don't drive just an engine. You drive the entire car. Ford doesn't have to be the fastest year in and year out to outsell everyone. And anyone that thinks Ford is following any other manufacture is sadly mistaken.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Wasn't the 6th Gen Camaro supposed to be faster than the 5th Gen 1LE?
Heading over to Camaro6 with a bucket of :popcorn:

losing to the '15 1LE by .34 is negligible but beating the GTPP by 1sec is a curb stomping...got it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Why did they choose a non mrc setup? Doesn't make sense.
Initial tests actually showed that the Non MRC setup was pulling better numbers. Might have been why. Supposedly MRC is for comfort while keeping most of the track capability. The stock SS suspension is more sport oriented.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Impressive Streets of Willow time. For reference, the GTPP did it in 1:24:29.

Camaro was a manual, reportedly without MRC.

I'm cool with that gap. A better set of tires would be all that was needed to match I think.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Initial tests actually showed that the Non MRC setup was pulling better numbers. Might have been why. Supposedly MRC is for comfort while keeping most of the track capability. The stock SS suspension is more sport oriented.
Interesting. Looks like the SS scaled at 3696 lbs, so i m guessing it is not a loaded 2ss! If this was a mustang, motortrend whould have showed up with a heavy ass loaded gtpp pfffff.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Ralph Nader known for his book "Corvair unsafe at any speed " has a new book coming out ... "Camaro unsafe at any speed" ... Coming soon to Barns and Nobles near you .. :)

Sponsored

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Interesting. Looks like the SS scaled at 3696 lbs, so i m guessing it is not a loaded 2ss! If this was a mustang, motortrend whould have showed up with a heavy ass loaded gtpp pfffff.

It didn't have a sunroof and MRC or an auto. So seems about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
During the initial press tours magazines have to run what they're sent..

After a certain time they can request a car to fairly exact specifications.

What I'm going to be more interested in seeing is a comparison between the Camaro and the BMW M2

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Because that's what Ford would've supplied them lol
:doh:

I know right! If i was Ford and giving motortrend a gt for a track test i would have given them a base gtpp and on top it, i would swap the wheels with lighter wheels, put light weight ford racing exhaust on it, then here you go Motortrend our gtpp weights 3660 lbs go do whatever you please:D

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
:doh:

I know right! If i was Ford and giving motortrend a gt for a track test i would have given them a base gtpp and on top it, i would swap the wheels with lighter wheels, put light weight ford racing exhaust on it, then here you go Motortrend our gtpp weights 3660 lbs go do whatever you please:D
If I was Ford I'd give the mags the car that highlights the options I want people to buy because I'd be interested in selling cars with the highest profit margins. I'd know that the .1-.5 second advantage on a strip or road course doesn't make that much difference because historicaly data shows we sell mustangs regardless of a performance advantage or disadvantage. Might as well advertise that loaded up margin machine.