Sponsored

Where are all the timeslips at? (Camaro vs Mustang)

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
There's something seriously wonky about that test...
I would expect an m4 to be faster than the lowest model v8 camaro. Later on we will probably see two more top dog camaros, and those should be faster. Maybe the gen 6 camaro is just a well performing beast?
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
If I was Ford I'd give the mags the car that highlights the options I want people to buy because I'd be interested in selling cars with the highest profit margins. I'd know that the .1-.5 second advantage on a strip or road course doesn't make that much difference because historicaly data shows we sell mustangs regardless of a performance advantage or disadvantage. Might as well advertise that loaded up margin machine.
Exactly. Ford is obviously proud of their new and improved interior and want people to see it. That seems to be their biggest advertisement piece right now.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I would expect an m4 to be faster than the lowest model v8 camaro. Later on we will probably see two more top dog camaros, and those should be faster. Maybe the gen 6 camaro is just a well performing beast?
No, I mean in the way the Camaro was optioned vs the "as tested" price...

A 2SS with the M6 + MRC is around $45,000

A 2SS with MRC+6 piston is over $47,000

A 2SS with MRC+Nav is less than 46,000

See what I mean?

I'm not doubting the performance of the new Camaro at all.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
No, I mean in the way the Camaro was optioned vs the "as tested" price...

A 2SS with the M6 + MRC is around $45,000

A 2SS with MRC+6 piston is over $47,000

A 2SS with MRC+Nav is less than 46,000

See what I mean?

I'm not doubting the performance of the new Camaro at all.
I shouldnt have quoted you, but I expected the m4 to be almost untouchable when it came to track times compared to the basic v8 pony cars. Well it beats the Mustang.

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are you guys all subscribed to motor trend on demand? Isn't that the only way to see it for the next month?

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
65 Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 1:30.35 405 / 1430
74 Ford GT 1:31.57 550 / 1538

never would have guessed those 2 cars would be such turds on a road course

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Heading over to Camaro6 with a bucket of :popcorn:

losing to the '15 1LE by .34 is negligible but beating the GTPP by 1sec is a curb stomping...got it.
.34 seconds on different days is indeed negligible. Depending on weather conditions my lap times can vary by more than a second. In extreme cases it can be even more if it is very hot.

Head to heads are meant to compare cars on the same track conditions.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
.34 seconds on different days is indeed negligible. Depending on weather conditions my lap times can vary by more than a second. In extreme cases it can be even more if it is very hot.

Head to heads are meant to compare cars on the same track conditions.
So 1sec on different days is still a curb stomping or did you intentionally not quote that portion of my sentence?

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Take the times on tracks that are a year apart (or more), and in different times of the year with a grain of salt. Not really apples to apples at all. The Mustang maybe closer than a second, or it may be more. But taking lap times done in two different times of the year, more than a year apart is tough to compare. Hopefully Motortrend or someone will put the gtpp, ss, base 350 in a head2head.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Was Randy driving the cars around the track or journalists? This would explain the slower time than the 5th 1LE.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Take the times on tracks that are a year apart (or more), and in different times of the year with a grain of salt. Not really apples to apples at all. The Mustang maybe closer than a second, or it may be more. But taking lap times done in two different times of the year, more than a year apart is tough to compare. Hopefully Motortrend or someone will put the gtpp, ss, base 350 in a head2head.

They need to put the track pack to test against it. Regardless if it wins or not because next year there won't be a base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored