Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The only gt350 out there before Oct were pre-production, I don't believe any here got there's until Nov.
Yes they did. Even a few in this forum had theirs before November. I ordered mine in July 8 2015 took delivery December 2. Only the 2015 models have production matching vin numbers.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I bought my 2016 on November 18th of 2015. The dealer received it on the 16th.

I think it's fair to say that the 2015 production was a bit of a marketing gimmick. However, it was a badass marketing gimmick and I loved it. I think it's great that Ford does stuff like that. I appreciate that they put off delivering some of the early cars to make sure they got the details right. Wouldn't want them to start on fire or anything.

Plus the people at Ford make smart decisions like putting carbon fiber wheels on the car rather than carbon ceramic brakes. Yes the wheels are expensive, but at least they aren't a wear item! What a dumb idea!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
It was so they were built during there 50th year which is Historical.:thumbsup:

On a side note, the 2015 and 2016 were built at the same time, only the vin is what made it a 2015. Many received there 2016 before the 2015.
The point is, they are still 2015 cars and are tied to the historical significance of the original GT350's.

Were you on the assembly line watching the '16's come down the line with the '15's? Didn't think so...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
If that make you feel good. I think the GT350 is the only car to have 3 model years in less then a year at dealers.
Ford has always gone by 1/2 years. 1964 1/2. 2015 1/2 etc. so we have 137 2015 1/2 GT350's 2016 and now the 2017s are coming out. Their will not be a 2017 Z28. No way no how forget about it. My GT350 has a production build date of 10/21/15

Sponsored

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
It's going longer than '17. Don't be surprised to not see it in the S650, however.
This is big news if it pans out. Do you feel this means the GT350 will head into the 2018MY, or just the engine (for some other application)?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I really wish GM FanGirls would stay off mustang6G every other Forum it's some GM crybaby FanGirl ****
At least they contribute to the discussion, are usually very polite and well written.

There's no problem with them being here, unless you plan on making it a problem. If so, please see yourself out of this forum, we don't need trouble makers like you here.

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
At least they contribute to the discussion, are usually very polite and well written.

There's no problem with them being here, unless you plan on making it a problem. If so, please see yourself out of this forum, we don't need trouble makers like you here.
This is why I like this forum. Every now and then it purges all of the useless garbage and becomes a car guy paradise. :clap2:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So lets get back on topic and compare carbon ceramic brakes to the brakes on the GT350. Which are a better performance bargain? Do you think GM will put CC brakes on the upcoming Z/28? Will they copy Ford's GT350 design with aluminum hats pinned to iron rotors?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
You're the one that started whining. He didn't tell you to leave, he stated that if you are just going to be a trouble maker that contributes nothing(so far) to the forum, then you should leave this to the real car guys that want to talk about cars and not cry.

Hopefully you wont be a trouble maker, the more the merrier. :cheers:
Says the Camero troll who has NEVER posted anything outside a comparison on this forum. Do you actually know anything about the Mustang or what it is capable of? I don't think so.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Says the Camero troll who has NEVER posted anything outside a comparison on this forum. Do you actually know anything about the Mustang or what it is capable of? I don't think so.
Troll? I don't think that word means what you think it means. HAHA

It is the comparison(vs.) section of the Forum, soooo...not sure what your point is.

I don't know enough about the Mustang, and that's why I am a member of a Mustang forum. That is also the reason I don't post willie nillie, as I don't like to talk about things I don't understand. Is there a minimum knowledge level requirement to be a member here?

I am very open to be educated though, if you want to help me out there please feel free, and I mean that sincerely.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
So lets get back on topic and compare carbon ceramic brakes to the brakes on the GT350. Which are a better performance bargain? Do you think GM will put CC brakes on the upcoming Z/28? Will they copy Ford's GT350 design with aluminum hats pinned to iron rotors?
I think so.

GM should make the CC brakes available as an option, and not as a standard feature in order to keep the price more competitive with the GT350 which is currently the best performance money can buy.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The latest shots of the Gen 6 ZXX Camaro shows them as having CCB's in the 15" range.

I expect DSSV dampers, CCB's and Trofeo R's, following the model set by the Gen 5 Z/28. As to the drivetrain and possible automatic option? I don't know.

If it's the LT4...I would expect a price of about $75,000...the LT4 is more expensive than the LS7 and Alpha in general is more expensive.

The issue with having CCB's as an option on a specific trim is that they require a unique ABS system..so it's a significant change to go from a conventional 6 piston, aluminum hat/iron disk pinned rotor setup to CCB's. It'll either be standard on the Z/28, or won't be on it at all.

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
If it isn't CC brakes (will probably be an option) that are used then I am sure they will be similar to if not the same as the ones on the CTS - V. Apparently they work amazingly well.
Sponsored