Sponsored

Z/28 vs GT350R for real car people

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Lets try this again - This time without all of the childish garbage. The Z/28 was just spied on the ring this time without all of the padding. All I can say is this is going to be an interesting match up on the track between this an the GT350R. Look at that rear wing!! Here is the link in case anyone is interested. It sure is an amazing time to be an American car enthusiast.http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451924
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Between the wing and those canards I'm guessing the Z28 is going to be fast. I'm going to limit my comments because most of them are purely speculation at this point.

I will be very surprised if the Z28 gets an engine that is cooler than the Voodoo.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
That thing has steam-rollers for rear tires!
Lets try this again - This time without all of the childish garbage. The Z/28 was just spied on the ring this time without all of the padding. All I can say is this is going to be an interesting match up on the track between this an the GT350R. Look at that rear wing!! Here is the link in case anyone is interested. It sure is an amazing time to be an American car enthusiast.http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451924

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Between the wing and those canards I'm guessing the Z28 is going to be fast.
The aero bits are insane. Based on the hood design I bet this will have an LT4 in it.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The aero bits are insane. Based on the hood design I bet this will have an LT4 in it.
So ZL1 will be more of a GT model with the Z28 being the track beast? Seems odd to use the same engine, but it could happen. I just don't know why they wouldn't make a Z07 type package for the ZL1 instead of this whole new Z28.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
So ZL1 will be more of a GT model with the Z28 being the track beast? Seems odd to use the same engine, but it could happen. I just don't know why they wouldn't make a Z07 type package for the ZL1 instead of this whole new Z28.
I am sure there will be different components involved than what could simply be added in a package. That spoiler almost looks motorized. I remember seeing pictures of the mules with the same spoiler just lower.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
:lol::ford:It will still look like crap with that front end on it.it does have nice wide tires in the back but,lets not forget FORD can up the hp at any time for the GT350.The last z28 was an epic sales failure.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I've said it before and it bears repeating. I have ZERO doubts the next track-intent Camaro puts up better numbers than the GT350R. However, unless GM can build it and offer it at a similar price point as the Shelby, it's a non-comparison. Ford built a car that beat the last "monster" Camaro around a track and priced it thousands below it's MSRP.

Maybe this thing is not a z/28 at all, but simply a ZL1R.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
because racecar.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ok what are we speculating about? What transmission it's going to have? What engine? How fast? I'm not sure how these keep getting posted in the VS section when the car doesn't exist yet. It seams that which ever car is produced last has the best chance of being faster! Boss302-Z28-GT350R-?-?-? The general car section seams more appropriate for speculation threads.:shrug:

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
This new Z/28 looks beastly.....:eyebulge:
1462906054.2017 Z:28.jpg
camaroz28ring09kgped.jpg
camaroz28ring12kgped.jpg
camaroz28ring15kgped.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I will say this. That wing will look awesome on the 4 bangers and V6 knock offs.

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
Monsterous is a good word for this Frankenstein car. I can't see it being attractive at all, even out of camo.
It may have a face only a mother can love.....but....this will be one bad muther effing car.
Sponsored