Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
(and if it is, we're probably better taking this conversation to that thread as this one's about yellow stitching :lol: )
Ya think? ;)
Sponsored

SMJBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT vert
I wonder if the door inserts and front part of the seats will also be gray? Does your dealer know this level of detail?
This is what I've got from Daysha from Ford service yesterday

the Yellow Jacket option is just the stitching. No accents on the seating surface
This is somewhat different than what my dealer got form his DSM however this being said charcoal over ebony or ebony over ebony for me is the same result. What matters for me is that the stitching is yellow and there is no yellow accent on the seats and I read neither on the doors inserts as per Daysha above. Keep also in mind this is a Premier trim as well. Hope this help.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I have thought about this since the option was found in the 2016 order guide. I concluded that "less is more" in that yellow seat/door panels would be too much of a good thing.

Yellow stitching is fine. So is "dark gray" accent over "ebony" at doors, on seats, etc.

What gives me pause is the idea of taking the risk to add it to my order, and then receive a horrible surprise when the car comes in.

The problem is that - without seeing a complete description or photo or rendering - it is hard to know if I should take the risk. I ordered on 6/22, and I suspect the very first day the order might be picked up would be this Thursday. For me, the conservative choice is to stay pat with the black Premier Trim interior. Better safe than sorry.

I just think that Ford needs to keep all 2016 stuff close to their vest, so as to help move 2015 inventory during the transition period.

SMJBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT vert
[quoteThe problem is that - without seeing a complete description or photo or rendering - it is hard to know if I should take the risk. I ordered on 6/22, and I suspect the very first day the order might be picked up would be this Thursday. For me, the conservative choice is to stay pat with the black Premier Trim interior. Better safe than sorry.
][/quote]

I totally relate to what you are saying. What gave me confidence is the feedback I've got from Daysha as well. In my case I have no risk as my dealer told me if it is not what he said it is I am not bound to buy it. This being said I am very confident it will be as described simply becasue as you have said...it would be too much of of a good thing otherwise.

If your order is locked for production you would not be able to change it anyway

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya. This feels like I am playing the stock market, waiting for enough info to place a Buy order. If really good intel regarding the appearance comes in before Ford picks up my Retail order, then I can choose with certainty.

Even though charcoal over black is subtle enough for me, I just don't think I would like it if the entire half-and-half look of the redline and ceramic trim is reproduced. The seat panel accents ala Limited Edition car would be MUCH better. But ... there is no photo!

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Stitching only? No yellow door cards either?
No, for the third or fourth time in this thread, JUST the stitching, NO seats, NO door cards.

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
No, for the third or fourth time in this thread, JUST the stitching, NO seats, NO door cards.
Um, sorry for getting you so upset but has there EVER been a REAL picture of an actual non-Recaro yellow jacket interior posted, and has anyone EVER posted a picture of the doors on a non-Recaro interior? I don't think so.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Um, sorry for getting you so upset but has there EVER been a REAL picture of an actual non-Recaro yellow jacket interior posted, and has anyone EVER posted a picture of the doors on a non-Recaro interior? I don't think so.
Post #66 above has a link to real pictures of a car at a dealership with yellow jacket interior with regular (non-recaro) seats and side doors

Sponsored

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Post #66 above has a link to real pictures of a car at a dealership with yellow jacket interior with regular (non-recaro) seats and side doors
Sorry, my mistake, my screen was minimized so I didn't see the full shot of the interior, and I hadn't clicked through all 50 pics to see the second close up shot of the power window switches. All that aside, I kinda like it better than the non-Recaro Redline interior that has red and black seats.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Courtesy of Deysha (Ford Service):

YellowJacket1.jpg

YellowJacket2.jpg
Guess I need to get out my yellow magic marker and color the white stitching in my 50th Anniversary interior yellow. Pity it (or better yet, some yellow panels) weren't available from the factory... I love my car, but Ford needs to step up their game on these interior color options.
:(
Sponsored