Sponsored

Yellow Jacket Interior - 2016 Mustang

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Here's the yellow jacket image of regular seats from the 2016 mustang build tool.
vehicle.png
Sponsored

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Here's the yellow jacket image of regular seats from the 2016 mustang build tool.
This is absolutely pathetic if this is the best Ford can come up with for a new interior option. I'm so sick of plain, boring, black interiors. At the very, very least I would expect yellow door cards, and would really like to see yellow seats or yellow-insert seats on the interior similar to redline premier trim. Come on Ford, we need a little excitement on the interior of these cars. Black is commonplace, the ceramic is much too light to be practical for most people, and the saddle interior isn't offered in premiere trim. Redline premier trim is fine, but its application is very limited in terms of exterior color choices. I wish it was back to the old days when you had a choice of several very different color interiors.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Recaro Yellow Jacket is done just like Redline Recaro. No red door panels in that one since about the November builds. Black only. Still waiting for pics of the non-Recaro version of YJ.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Still waiting for pics of the non-Recaro version of YJ.
This is the key!!!
If it is a "match" for Redline then it should have yellow seat centers and yellow door cards (non-Recarro cars)...:headbang::ford::headbang:

If it nothing but plain yellow stitching as the 2016 beata build pic shows then that is CRAP!

Come on Ford.....what's up??? :shrug::frusty::shrug:

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
You have a pic of the non-Recaro from Ford in this thread already.
NO we DO NOT!

Your "pic" is from the incomplete beta version of the 2016 builder......
Not an actual pic of a car with the full interior......
Thus the whole point and QUESTION...is is just stitching or more (door cards/seat centers)?
Thus the requests for real pics of a real car and not a computer created image...

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
I think the yellow stitching is a bit understated...which is good. The door inserts in all yellow might have been a good idea, too...but all yellow seats would probably look gross. IMHO, of course.

But, we'll wait and see. Does anyone know what the cost of Yellow Jacket is, anyway? Or is it an optional colour for the Premium Trim upgrade?

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I think the yellow stitching is a bit understated...which is good. The door inserts in all yellow might have been a good idea, too...but all yellow seats would probably look gross. IMHO, of course.

But, we'll wait and see. Does anyone know what the cost of Yellow Jacket is, anyway? Or is it an optional colour for the Premium Trim upgrade?
2016 Builder (beta) states $395 just like Redline....same price but you get a lot less....

The entire seat face in bright yellow (like Redline) would be overkill but just the seat centers (as was done on the 2015 LE) would potentially be "acceptable".

Just yellow stitching with yellow door cards would provide enough "pop"...stitching alone becomes a hard sell unless you get a TY car...

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
2016 Builder (beta) states $395 just like Redline....same price but you get a lot less....

The entire seat face in bright yellow (like Redline) would be overkill but just the seat centers (as was done on the 2015 LE) would potentially be "acceptable".

Just yellow stitching with yellow door cards would provide enough "pop"...stitching alone becomes a hard sell unless you get a TY car...
Got it. Seems like a reasonable price then.

The seat centers might work...but I don't know. Yellow is a LOUD colour. TBH, if I was getting a TY car...I'd probably prefer just the stitching, even without the door inserts. I think that little bit of "pop" would be good enough for me.

Do we know which exterior colours this will be available for? TY, obviously...and I would assume black. Maybe Ingot or Magnetic?

EDIT: Never mind...the 2016 build and price shows availability for Black, Ingot, Magnetic and TY. Whether it stays that way, remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Personally I have never seen a yellow car with yellow seats that looked good. The dark interior is a perfect match to the loud exterior. Yellow stitching is a nice addition though. I would order that but of course it´s not available here, like 7598734 other options.

Last edited:

GTerGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT; '07 Sport Trac 4.6L
I have asked many dealers for info on the Yellow Jacket interior option and have gotten no answers. I think they should have more than just yellow stitching since they charge the same as the Redline. I think they should use alternating yellow and black leather stripes on the seats....like a real yellow jacket! There should be some yellow on the door panels too. Want to see it before buying though....GT fan.
Also thanks to leszek for posting the link to the beta site. I also wanted to see the OTT striping. The stripes on the build site seem to fade from light to solid to light again. Not sure about that either because they don't look bold. Add a yellow shift knob and some yellow brake caliper covers...that's the Yellow Jacket I'd like.

Sponsored

Last edited: