Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sharks, how's the borla touring I have not heard one live only sound clips. My car is due early next month on tysla at the moment. Can you give us a short report please. I'm pretty sure this is the one for me?
Thank you
Fitted LED DRL bulbs, piece of cake to do took literally 10min.

Attempted to change out the parker bulbs, couldnt get the bulb holder out with my massive hands, so gave up on it.
Did all my exterior ones on Friday, they were the worst. Had to use pliers to twist them. They have a really this rubber washer like a pressure hose for some stupid reason. Surely a flat rubber washer suffices. Still have the interior ones to do but I'm hesitant to just pull and pray
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Attempted to change out the parker bulbs, couldnt get the bulb holder out with my massive hands, so gave up on it.
I also gave up on the parkers.

Took it to an auto electrician who jacked it up and did it in 2 minutes for $20.

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Yeah the Steeda isn't a great solution as the size of the pedal is not an issue so much as the placement. 10-15mm spacing upwards would be ideal. Our pedal assembly is different - the US one has three mounting studs whereas ours has about five and mounts around the steering column. I've only had a quick look but it seems like it would be difficult to remove. Nylon washers would be easiest way to space it up.
I've been looking at this spacer by Garage Line but it's a lot of money for a piece of aluminium. Not sure if our floor pan shape under the pedal is the same though and if it would work.

http://garageline.com/320-garageline-2015-2016-ford-mustang-accelerator-pedal-mount.html

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Did all my exterior ones on Friday, they were the worst. Had to use pliers to twist them. They have a really this rubber washer like a pressure hose for some stupid reason. Surely a flat rubber washer suffices. Still have the interior ones to do but I'm hesitant to just pull and pray

[MENTION=27584]sharks1in50[/MENTION] where did you source the exterior LEDs? Which ones can be upgraded?

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
The bonnet pinch was fixed at the recent yearly service:

016_zpszo6bd2la.jpg

I fitted the carpet mats and boot mat from FitMyCar. The blue edge contrasts nicely with the Black colour of the car.

022_zpsxcwqpw2m.jpg

Finally, I fitted the MRR350's with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. These look so good I'm annoyed with myself for taking so long to have them put on!!

The last photo shows the extra width of the tyres. The Steeda brace is at the back of the garage - that's where it will stay until I figure out where I can get the brackets cut to have only 2 mounting points per side. That's the only mod I'm disappointed in so far - it is a let down.

I'll get some better pictures after the Shockworks coilovers are fitted next month.

Next mod is the AWE Tuning "Touring" cat-back exhaust - should be here in 2 weeks!

The paint work on this car is really good, no swirls after 12 months!

018_zpsndecywei.jpg

017_zpsdxloi8gx.jpg

019_zpsbwt15jrf.jpg

021_zps1ji2pdeq.jpg

025_zps0fg8k06i.jpg

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
^^^ what was involved in the bonnet punch fix? I spoke to a dealer about this (my car two runs in the paint from the factory that are being repaired) and they didn't want to know about it. If it's not difficult I'll fix it myself.

spronston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^ what was involved in the bonnet punch fix? I spoke to a dealer about this (my car two runs in the paint from the factory that are being repaired) and they didn't want to know about it. If it's not difficult I'll fix it myself.

Spronston beat me to the link.

I forwarded this link a while ago to the dealer who sold me the car and it's an easy fix for them to do.

Sponsored

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@sharks1in50 where did you source the exterior LEDs? Which ones can be upgraded?

Kit from Mustang Motorsport, upgrades the factory DRL, Fog Light, Blinker,Parker and Reverse lights to LED's. Also comes with ones to swap out the interior lights but I haven't done those as of yet

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Spronston beat me to the link.

I forwarded this link a while ago to the dealer who sold me the car and it's an easy fix for them to do.
And they have been using it since you did so thanks for that. Can't beat a dealer that listens.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So after one year my Craigs Bracket no longer sticks to the car, I emailed the company to no response which is disappointing.

I have now gone with a Lakin bracket, Phil express posted this out to me very quickly and ready for the weekend. Can't fault his service, haven't installed it yet but it will be going on soon.

Also as some people may be aware my car is up for sale, happy to discuss this with anyone who is in the market for a Mustang