Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
It was sitting too high as a result the radiator cover was up way to high and that's the side the bonnet stand clips into. The spacer for height that sits on top of the bracket got shortened and I had to dremel a semi circle on the backside of the radiator cover. Looks factory now.
Ah, I'm guessing you have the remote mount version?
Sponsored

sharks1in50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah remote version

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Fitted LED DRL bulbs, piece of cake to do took literally 10min.

Attempted to change out the parker bulbs, couldnt get the bulb holder out with my massive hands, so gave up on it.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Lit the boot up

I had the Diode Dynamic LED strips for ages so thought I would light the boot up.
I cut the strips to length and soldered the jumpers in. and connected the power to the light socket, also kept the LED in the original light.

Ill have a look tonight see what it looks like.
LED strip.jpg
Light socket.jpg
Power connect.jpg
Light up.jpg
side light up.jpg

Sponsored

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Removing the wheel and part of the wheel arch helps. And a pair of plier thing to turn the housing - just dont grip too hard or you'll crush the socket. Just enough to twist.

GrabbberAussie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang
This was yesterday, today I just enjoyed myself driving it.
New Vorteiner VFF-105 wheels on. Lowered on Eibach Sportlines, MBRP Street Catback exhaust on.
Test fitted spoiler too last night. Nearly done with mods now.
Pretty terrible at taking photos, but anyways :)

Tyres need a clean and a shine, that's tomorrow's job. Need to also get a good video of the exhaust.

Fyw7BAT.jpg

eE8lwCk.jpg

KVn4bOA.jpg

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Fitted a Steeda 35lb clutch spring. 2 minute job with great results. Heel & toe much easier although I'd like to space the accelerator up by 10mm or so to bring it inline with the brake a bit more.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fitted a Steeda 35lb clutch spring. 2 minute job with great results. Heel & toe much easier although I'd like to space the accelerator up by 10mm or so to bring it inline with the brake a bit more.
How does the clutch spring help with heel and toe? :shrug:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pony badge painted in same bronze as wheels.
For those who are wondering why the "blackout" ponies have the tail pulling away from the grille, it's cos the grille is curved and the badge is flat.
Cured the problem with a different mounting solution :thumbsup:
Wheel pics in a week or so. Just letting them fully cure before letting the tyre techs (their terminology) put the shoes back on them.
IMG_2223.jpg

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
How does the clutch spring help with heel and toe? :shrug:
It makes the friction/release point of the clutch more predictable so it's easier to time the release of the clutch pedal with the throttle blip. The low placement of the accelerator pedal makes heel and toe trickier than it should be on these cars. Some of the US guys put 1/2 inch spacers under the pedal to lift it up a little but it seems the RHD pedal assembly is different and it's not as simple of a job. Need to have a closer look at it.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It makes the friction/release point of the clutch more predictable so it's easier to time the release of the clutch pedal with the throttle blip. The low placement of the accelerator pedal makes heel and toe trickier than it should be on these cars. Some of the US guys put 1/2 inch spacers under the pedal to lift it up a little but it seems the RHD pedal assembly is different and it's not as simple of a job. Need to have a closer look at it.
Totally agree on the pedal placement. Shits me that I can't do it in thongs...:lol:
I'm actually serious.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Totally agree on the pedal placement. Shits me that I can't do it in thongs...:lol:
I'm actually serious.
Haha yeah I agree, footwear seems to be important with this car whereas I've never had any issues with heel & toe in any cars previously, thongs or raceboot! I will look into the spacer thing a bit more and let you know if I find a solution.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Haha yeah I agree, footwear seems to be important with this car whereas I've never had any issues with heel & toe in any cars previously, thongs or raceboot! I will look into the spacer thing a bit more and let you know if I find a solution.
Sweet. I looked at the Steeda heel/toe pedal kit but I think losing the rubber on the pedals is a step too far. I don't think that's something I'd be willing to compromise on. Lifting the throttle pedal may actually be a far better solution than just closing the gaps between them :shrug:
Also, not sure if our pedal/s even mount the same way?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Sweet. I looked at the Steeda heel/toe pedal kit but I think losing the rubber on the pedals is a step too far. I don't think that's something I'd be willing to compromise on. Lifting the throttle pedal may actually be a far better solution than just closing the gaps between them :shrug:
Also, not sure if our pedal/s even mount the same way?
Yeah the Steeda isn't a great solution as the size of the pedal is not an issue so much as the placement. 10-15mm spacing upwards would be ideal. Our pedal assembly is different - the US one has three mounting studs whereas ours has about five and mounts around the steering column. I've only had a quick look but it seems like it would be difficult to remove. Nylon washers would be easiest way to space it up.
Sponsored