Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Replaced the reverse light bulbs with brighter LED ones due to OEM ones being next to useless for reverse cam at night . BUT i did make the mistake of ordering the bulbs touted for US based cars and for whatever reason AUS cars have different bulbs , so i had to send them back and reorder correct bulbs , cost me return postage which no big deal but was a hassle . FWIW you need a 921 base bulb for aus cars . Will post a photo showing brightness once it gets dark this evening .

Edit ... bulbs i bought https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B094F87FY4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Good find. I recently bought some 720 lumen reverse lights from Diode Dynamics for $100 US + postage. They will replace my previous 410 lumen ones once fitted. If your find are a true 1000 lumen they will truely be a good reverse light. I have read that advertised maximum lumens (for torches, that is) is often overrated by certain Asian manufacturers. Keen to know how they pan out.
Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Good find. I recently bought some 720 lumen reverse lights from Diode Dynamics for $100 US + postage. They will replace my previous 410 lumen ones once fitted. If your find are a true 1000 lumen they will truely be a good reverse light. I have read that advertised maximum lumens (for torches, that is) is often overrated by certain Asian manufacturers. Keen to know how they pan out.
Not sure on lumens but it is majorly brighter than OEM and worth installation at price paid . The lower reverse cam picture is a little blurry as i just drove home in rain and bit of road grime on lens .
Edit ... I looked at the DD bulbs but no way i was paying near enough to 200 AUD for reverse bulbs so rolled the dice an amazon bulbs and its paid of for me , good thing about amazon can send em back if not fit for purpose so minimal risk
IMG20240224213602.jpg
IMG20240224213516.jpg

Last edited:

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Interesting you should mention that product.

I'm typically a Meguiars man for everyday / bulk usage products, but when I wanted to venture into over the counter / consumer grade / cheap spray ceramics, I opted (after a lot of reading) to go down the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic route.

Have you ever used the TW equivalents, and if so what are your thoughts when comparing to the Meguiars equivalents ?

As a reference on how and where I am using the products (all from the TWHC range) :

• Wash - Self explanatory.
  • Spray - Ignoring the wash, this is my main / most commonly used product.
  • Polish - As an all in one on the DA and by hand on a MF as a paint cleaner (around badges etc).
  • Wet wax - As a drying aid (which is rare due to my water), but mostly around door shuts etc after washing.

They seem to work really well together and just seem to suit the stang (light colour / paint in good condition / not a daily driver etc), but I would be happy to switch based on a trusted recommendation from someone who had used both.

Cost isn't a factor - they are priced similar in the UK as they directly compete with each other. They are also regularly available on offers from a popular high street retailer (Halfords), I don't think I have ever had to pay full price for a TW product ... :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:
I managed to get couple bottles Turtle wax hybrid ceramic/carnuaba spray at a bargain price . So far ive only used it on my car to do the wheels and its certainly made it easier to keep clean and they look great . I actually used it to seal and shine my Granite tops in the kitchen and its absolutely magnificent for that , the shine and slickness is next level and makes them easier to clean as well . If i see it cheap again i will buy a few bottles ..

TeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Headlight dramas - Had my 2017 Mustang in for it's yearly service last week at the local Ford Dealer (43000k's) - Dealer advised left headlight bulb is blown & quoted $375 for new bulb plus GST & fitting where they said they'd need to remove the front bumper to access = $$$$ - I purchased one online for $84.95 (Osram D8S 25w) and went about fitting it myself today - What a pain these cars are to just replace a headlight bulb - Removed front wheels & inner guard splash guards to gain access - Fit new HID bulb & still doesn't work so I swapped the left & right fuses (33 & 35) & swapped the right bulb to the left but still no luck - So I'm now stuck with a Mustang which is technically unroadworthy and the dealer suggests they can replace the BCM & Ballast which 'may be' the issue for $1,200 - Gone are the days of a simple H4 bulb!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Headlight dramas - Had my 2017 Mustang in for it's yearly service last week at the local Ford Dealer (43000k's) - Dealer advised left headlight bulb is blown & quoted $375 for new bulb plus GST & fitting where they said they'd need to remove the front bumper to access = $$$$ - I purchased one online for $84.95 (Osram D8S 25w) and went about fitting it myself today - What a pain these cars are to just replace a headlight bulb - Removed front wheels & inner guard splash guards to gain access - Fit new HID bulb & still doesn't work so I swapped the left & right fuses (33 & 35) & swapped the right bulb to the left but still no luck - So I'm now stuck with a Mustang which is technically unroadworthy and the dealer suggests they can replace the BCM & Ballast which 'may be' the issue for $1,200 - Gone are the days of a simple H4 bulb!
The price we pay for all this “modern technology”!😩😩😩

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Unspeakably bad that they misdiagnosed, and now can't diagnose conclusively beyond that.
I blew a front indicator bulb in my 17 Mustang. Went to Ford dealer for replacement. Took bulb home. Removed blown bulb. Ford dealer supplied wrong bulb. Had to take the blown bulb back so the clown could identify it. Great service and parts knowledge!

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
there was someone else on here or maybe a faceache group and they had a headlight issue, BCM was faulty and replacement fixed it though i think their's was a warranty job. Mental.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I gave detailing the Mustang a go with a machine for the first time. I had prepped it all with reset and a clay and then an alcohol wipe, then I gave it a go with the scholl black one step product on a yellow pad which came up really well, then finished it with the scholl black wax on the grey pad.

It has come up better than ever, and I got rid of some pesky marks on the bonnet that had annoyed me ever since I have had it. It looks fantastic, and I am lending it to a friend later today to use as a formal drop off car (thank god I havent been asked to drive it myself, I hate the formal drop off)

Thanks to DFB5.0 for his very kind guidance with the buying of the gear and also putting up with my machine newbie questions, even when I got it arse about and applied polish by hand and tried to remove by machine, lol.
1000006014.jpg
1000006013.jpg

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I gave detailing the Mustang a go with a machine for the first time. I had prepped it all with reset and a clay and then an alcohol wipe, then I gave it a go with the scholl black one step product on a yellow pad which came up really well, then finished it with the scholl black wax on the grey pad.

It has come up better than ever, and I got rid of some pesky marks on the bonnet that had annoyed me ever since I have had it. It looks fantastic, and I am lending it to a friend later today to use as a formal drop off car (thank god I havent been asked to drive it myself, I hate the formal drop off)

Thanks to DFB5.0 for his very kind guidance with the buying of the gear and also putting up with my machine newbie questions, even when I got it arse about and applied polish by hand and tried to remove by machine, lol.
1000006014.jpg
1000006013.jpg
I didn't "put up" with anything, it was a pleasure to be of assistance..............................I love spending other people's money! :giggle:

This might sound odd, but I can tell there is a wax on the car, a very distinctive look and suits that colour.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I drove the Mustang into work today, a rare occasion for me.

I'm not sure if it's because I took delivery of the car in Autumn, but this time of the year is when I enjoy driving this car the most. Why? I think because of the mild weather, which means the windows are down, allowing me to take in the noise and the distinctive smell in the air at this time of the year.

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
Installed my new MSS adjustable front magnaride springs yesterday and so far so good!
Just waiting for it to settle a bit more….
Sponsored