Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing to my car but this arrived this morning.

20231206_161539.jpg
Have you opened it and is it a good read (especially for the S550) ?

I'm tempted to add it onto my Christmas list ... :like:

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you :like:

This caught my eye straight away (having been in a 2020 CFTP) :

1701953288827.png

Probably not going to stop me getting it though :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Had my first parent/kid approach me on Saturday night to see if the kid could sit in my car. 7 year old boy who absolutely loves Mustangs and has lots of models etc apparently. Seemed to really make his night and his Dad took a few pictures.

ShadowMustang161

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang
Yes, I have had a few young boys accompanied by their fathers gaze at my Bullitt Mustang and I have made the offer to sit on the driver's side behind the wheel for a pic. The age group of 7 to 12 year old boys seem to be the biggest interest group. In some cases, I suspect the father would have liked a pic behind the wheel as well.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
My 6year old grandson visited at xmas from Canada. He had never seen my Mustang in the flesh, only pictures.

He is a Jeep fan apparently. Of course, living in North America he is surrounded by stupid big trucks.

After two rides in my Mustang he piped up from the back seat " I think I will get a Mustang!"

Another convert!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Had my first parent/kid approach me on Saturday night to see if the kid could sit in my car. 7 year old boy who absolutely loves Mustangs and has lots of models etc apparently. Seemed to really make his night and his Dad took a few pictures.
Yes, I have had a few young boys accompanied by their fathers gaze at my Bullitt Mustang and I have made the offer to sit on the driver's side behind the wheel for a pic. The age group of 7 to 12 year old boys seem to be the biggest interest group. In some cases, I suspect the father would have liked a pic behind the wheel as well.
As a kid who grew up with literally no one in the family who was as into cars I as I was, moments like that were never forgotten and I'm grateful for everyone who donated their time in entertaining my passion.

One of my father's employees was a mad Falcon man, having an almost never-ending rotation of hot Falcon's. EB GT's, EF XR6 Wagon (very rare), T3 TS50's (two, a red and blue one), BA GT, AU XR8 Rebel, BF Super Pursuit, Force 6...................

My dad lined up a ride in his then brand new 2002 Venom Red AU III XR6 VCT Ute with all the options, Tickford body kit, Momo steering wheel and shifter, leather, premium sound, chrome sports bar. That ride in that car was very dangerous because it basically sealed the deal as a budding Ford man.

A year later, I got a ride in his new BA XR6 Turbo Ute, again heavily optioned with the hard top and spoiler, 18-inch wheels, leather, premium sound and finished in the excellent Blood Orange. This was when the BA was still hot off the press and would be the only time I would experience the might of that turbo engine. So smooth, so powerful.

Another of my father's friends also bought a brand-new BA XR6 ute, this time the naturally aspirated version in Blueprint. Again, my dad got me a ride, and again a car that only fueled my obsession.

Around the same time, my uncle who was the spare parts manager at the local Ford dealer lined up a ride in the just released and reborn FPV GT. (I didn't have a driver's license at that point, so it was the sales manager driving, which I don't think he minded, any chance to drive the GT would have been snapped up.) That car I remember like yesterday, Blood Orange with black stripes, manual and leather trim. Easily the fastest car I have been in, it sounded amazing and turned a few heads, including the driver of new Monaro going in the opposite direction.

I'm now in a position to return the favor, so whenever a kid wants a photo or asks me to rev it up, I naturally oblige. I also gave one of my coworker's 15-year-old son a birthday flamethrower ride in my Mustang. He and his mates got the ride of their lives, the only condition was that they don't tell their mothers how fast we went. A couple of years later, his sister told me that he talked non-stop about it for a week, which absolutely made my day to hear.

So, never underestimate the power of being gracious with your time and showing a kid your car, you will be a hero in their eyes.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Stories like that are why I was more than happy to oblige.

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
CanCoat over a 5 year old pro applied ceramic coating. Original coating still performed almost like new but thought I would see what the Cancoat would add. Maybe my imagination but I think it has more gloss than before.

IMG_4229.jpeg
Very nice!

Can Coat is known for gloss and its hydrophobic behavior. The only thing I find its lacking is slickness, which is easily remedied by using a topper as a drying aid.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Very nice!

Can Coat is known for gloss and its hydrophobic behavior. The only thing I find its lacking is slickness, which is easily remedied by using a topper as a drying aid.
Yeah. Based on your enthusiasm I am thinking of trying Beadmaker for after wash massage.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yeah. Based on your enthusiasm I am thinking of trying Beadmaker for after wash massage.
After wash massage! Is that for the car or you? :wink:

I love Bead Maker, it often gets a bad rap, but its extremely hard to beat for slickness.

I would also suggest looking at Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, expensive but you use less per application and its easier to work with. Both this and Bead Maker will prolong the longevity of Can Coat.

Obsessed Garage Drying Aid (autobuff.com.au)
Obsessed Garage Drying Aid (detailingshed.com.au)
Obsessed Garage Drying Aid - 946ml – The Detail Store

IMG-3340.jpg

IMG-2875.jpg

If you don't want to add "protection" after each wash, but still want that boost in gloss and slickness, I love P&S Paint Gloss. This is just a simple quick detailer, but it smells so nice and is so easy to apply.

P&S Paint Gloss Quick Detailer - Showroom Spray N Shine (detailingshed.com.au)
P&S Paint Gloss Spray Shine 3.8L (autobuff.com.au)
P&S Paint Gloss Showroom Spray & Shine Quick Detailer – The Detail Store

IMG-2080.jpg
Sponsored