Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
After wash massage! Is that for the car or you? :wink:

I love Bead Maker, it often gets a bad rap, but its extremely hard to beat for slickness.

I would also suggest looking at Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, expensive but you use less per application and its easier to work with. Both this and Bead Maker will prolong the longevity of Can Coat.

Obsessed Garage Drying Aid (autobuff.com.au)
Obsessed Garage Drying Aid (detailingshed.com.au)
Obsessed Garage Drying Aid - 946ml – The Detail Store

IMG-3340.jpg

IMG-2875.jpg

If you don't want to add "protection" after each wash, but still want that boost in gloss and slickness, I love P&S Paint Gloss. This is just a simple quick detailer, but it smells so nice and is so easy to apply.

P&S Paint Gloss Quick Detailer - Showroom Spray N Shine (detailingshed.com.au)
P&S Paint Gloss Spray Shine 3.8L (autobuff.com.au)
P&S Paint Gloss Showroom Spray & Shine Quick Detailer – The Detail Store

IMG-2080.jpg
Been using Carpro Ech2O for ages but thought I might try something new with the CanCoat. How would you compare the Carpro to these others? Thanks.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Been using Carpro Ech2O for ages but thought I might try something new with the CanCoat. How would you compare the Carpro to these others? Thanks.
Both OG Drying Aid and Bead Maker are considered polymer sealants, they apparently have some Si02 (ceramic) in the formula, but the predominance part is the polymers. ECH20 on the other hand is based around Si02 with wax added to provide the slickness and lubrication as a water-less wash.

ECH20 is excellent for gloss and slickness, the carnauba wax element sort of explains the slight smearing it can exhibit during in the initial wipes. But you also have the ability with ECH20 to dilute to suit.

If you are comfortable using ECH20, then Bead Maker should be easy for you. It also needs a little more working to level down, but its certainly a product that will reward.

Where OG Drying Aid comes into the equation is that it requires much less wiping to level out.

One other I will throw at you, and readily available, Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. This is extremely easy to use, provides slickness and maintains the hydrophobics of the coating. It's a bit of sleeper on the market, easily one of their best products. Crazy expensive at full RRP though.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer 768mL | Supercheap Auto
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer 768ml - G200526 - Meguiars | Repco Australia

IMG-4395.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
One other I will throw at you, and readily available, Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. This is extremely easy to use, provides slickness and maintains the hydrophobics of the coating. It's a bit of sleeper on the market, easily one of their best products. Crazy expensive at full RRP though.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer 768mL | Supercheap Auto
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer 768ml - G200526 - Meguiars | Repco Australia

IMG-4395.jpg
Interesting you should mention that product.

I'm typically a Meguiars man for everyday / bulk usage products, but when I wanted to venture into over the counter / consumer grade / cheap spray ceramics, I opted (after a lot of reading) to go down the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic route.

Have you ever used the TW equivalents, and if so what are your thoughts when comparing to the Meguiars equivalents ?

As a reference on how and where I am using the products (all from the TWHC range) :

• Wash - Self explanatory.
  • Spray - Ignoring the wash, this is my main / most commonly used product.
  • Polish - As an all in one on the DA and by hand on a MF as a paint cleaner (around badges etc).
  • Wet wax - As a drying aid (which is rare due to my water), but mostly around door shuts etc after washing.

They seem to work really well together and just seem to suit the stang (light colour / paint in good condition / not a daily driver etc), but I would be happy to switch based on a trusted recommendation from someone who had used both.

Cost isn't a factor - they are priced similar in the UK as they directly compete with each other. They are also regularly available on offers from a popular high street retailer (Halfords), I don't think I have ever had to pay full price for a TW product ... :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Interesting you should mention that product.

I'm typically a Meguiars man for everyday / bulk usage products, but when I wanted to venture into over the counter / consumer grade / cheap spray ceramics, I opted (after a lot of reading) to go down the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic route.

Have you ever used the TW equivalents, and if so what are your thoughts when comparing to the Meguiars equivalents ?

As a reference on how and where I am using the products (all from the TWHC range) :

• Wash - Self explanatory.
  • Spray - Ignoring the wash, this is my main / most commonly used product.
  • Polish - As an all in one on the DA and by hand on a MF as a paint cleaner (around badges etc).
  • Wet wax - As a drying aid (which is rare due to my water), but mostly around door shuts etc after washing.

They seem to work really well together and just seem to suit the stang (light colour / paint in good condition / not a daily driver etc), but I would be happy to switch based on a trusted recommendation from someone who had used both.

Cost isn't a factor - they are priced similar in the UK as they directly compete with each other. They are also regularly available on offers from a popular high street retailer (Halfords), I don't think I have ever had to pay full price for a TW product ... :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:
The only two TW products I have used in recent years is the Graphene Acrylic Tyre Dressing and the Wheel and Tyre Prep and hated both of them. The cleaner smelt disgusting, and the dressing was hard to get a uniform finish from.

Everything I hear about their latest ceramic and graphene products is positive though, so I do want to try them at some stage. I hardly need any more products though. :facepalm:

Sponsored

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Finally got the Rouch 3 way adjustable shocks on all corners fitted,now looking into headers,
probably kooks longtube 1 7/8inch with green cats.
IMG_E0630.jpg
Mate that is an absolutely fantastic looking car, even better in the metal. Everything done to it is first class

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Thanks Bruce,hopefully next year I’ll be close to finishing her header,cams and new bonet to try and get that hot air out a bit better should just about do it. 😂

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
Fitted the Mustang's chrissy present today, a GT Performance Pack Style Spoiler. Measured/checked hole positions a dozen times against various hard points on the car as the template was slightly out. Absolutely nailed all nine holes, so pretty happy with the outcome.
1706268649680.png
1706268791649.png
1706268715333.png
1706268853959.png

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Fitted the Mustang's chrissy present today, a GT Performance Pack Style Spoiler. Measured/checked hole positions a dozen times against various hard points on the car as the template was slightly out. Absolutely nailed all nine holes, so pretty happy with the outcome.
1706268791649.png
Many dont like the PP spoiler but i really think it makes a difference especially on this profile . Whilst i had no choice but to get spoiler when i ordered my car and i wasn't fussed either way at the time , today i wouldnt have it any other way , love it
ScreenShot002.jpg

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Replaced the reverse light bulbs with brighter LED ones due to OEM ones being next to useless for reverse cam at night . BUT i did make the mistake of ordering the bulbs touted for US based cars and for whatever reason AUS cars have different bulbs , so i had to send them back and reorder correct bulbs , cost me return postage which no big deal but was a hassle . FWIW you need a 921 base bulb for aus cars . Will post a photo showing brightness once it gets dark this evening .

Edit ... bulbs i bought https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B094F87FY4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Sponsored