Sponsored

What cars did you cross-shop before deciding on the Mustang?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I was pretty damn sure I'd go with the S550, but I did give serious consideration to the Challenger 392 Scat Pack.
Sponsored

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
Same here. I had entertained the thought of going after a SRT challenger or Charger. The prices brand new were a little out of my league. I saw the mustang and sat in it after a seat adjustment and it was completely sold. I partly wish I had test driven the scat pack charger before committing to the mustang but after driving one AFTER the fact it was happy to be in the stang. I enjoy it much more.
I wish I had driven it too, there were none close to me at the time I was shopping around

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I had considered the WRX and the Golf R before pulling the trigger on the Mustang.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
nothing. there isn't another 430 hp car out there for under 40k.

and camaros and challengers are something I never thought about.

Sponsored

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I didnt like the 2015+ front end on the Mustangs so I was saving up for a 2016 Challenger SRT or 392 Shaker. Either of those was going to be considerably more expensive than a new Mustang. We drove the 392 Challenger and loved the way it drove but it had some akward blind spots, and some angles of the exterior/interior styling are a little bland. I told the wife "lets go drive the Mustang just to say we tried it"...we liked it a lot and it just so happend to be equipped exactly the way I'd want; so after a couple days consideration I went back and bought the same car that we fell in love with. The Mustang is the only car since the GTO that my wife has gotten excited about. The front end has grown on me and I LOVE all the other angles. Another part of my decision was that the Coyote motor can handle supercharging a lot better than the 392 Hemi.

I had also strongly considered a used 2014 Mustang GT but they never found one that felt "right" for me.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
For us it was S4, S5, M3, 335, looked at an FRS for a moment until I drove it lol/ We then decided that the price point, options, availability for affordable upgrades, and features for the price we paid on the 'stang made more sense - it made no sense to go elsewhere! besides - Ford did it right with this car, they brought new life blood to their design!

Last edited:

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack. I chose the Mustang because it was a better car for 7,000 less.

Reactions: 113

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue w/Performance Pkg
I was looking at e90 m3's/335i's (too much maintenance), Sti/wrx, evos, golf r (didn't want to wait for the manual), focus rs (again didn't want to wait), and s4's. I had a lot of cars I liked but the new design, price, and power it had really drew me in. Plus I've always wanted a mustang ever since I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I cross-shopped a GT Coupe, GT Convert and a Eco/PP vert. Went with the coupe.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
We looked at a lot of non-sports cars and even trucks, but every time we went to a dealer, I left after spending most of my time in the Mustang section. We just had to verify that the Convertible was family friendly before pulling the trigger. Luckily I have a great wife who gave the go-ahead when I was not expecting...

See here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17769

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Other cars? there are other cars?

I had a 2014 GT, I suddenly decided that I wanted a 15

I am a blind Ford Loyalist.

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT
I actually was planning to put off a car purchase for another two years or until my current beater died. But when I saw the 2015 Mustang for the first time this past July, I instantly started saving for it. I haven't really liked any Mustangs after 1970, but this one is amazing.

However, if I had actually gotten into the car search, the Challenger and Camaro would've been on my list. This car won me over from those other choices for sure.

Sean

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I had 2013 V6 Mustang and could not decide between eco or fun:
VW Golf GTI Turbo
VW Passat Diesel
VW Jetta Diesel