Sponsored

What cars did you cross-shop before deciding on the Mustang?

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
I'm curious as to what other cars people looked at (if any?) prior to buying this particular vehicle. I have a list of about 6 or 7 other cars, all with their own set of pros and cons.

It really does seem like this vehicle has very few direct competitors once you take all factors into account.
Sponsored

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
2011-12 Gt500, 2013 boss, and the 2015 scat pack Charger

Sarah2015

CTURTLE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sarah
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium (RR)
None. It was a spur of the moment decision and I am so happy with my choice.

I did have a bunch on my list. However I had plans to get a 4-door with a turbo. WRX, Fusion, Sonata, GTI, ATS, Optima, and IS were some of the ones I was considering.

I told myself I would never own a 2-door or a red car, and look where I'm at now :shrug: :D

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP

Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
C7 Vette, Hellcat Challenger and ScatPac Challenger. My head hits the top of the Vette so that was ruled out. Couldn't find a Hellcat without a goofy adm, so that was ruled out. Base ScatPac without a sunroof and cloth seats was what I was Jonesing for and wasn't having much luck finding exactly what I wanted. The right Mustang came up exactly the way I would have ordered it and at a local dealer, price was right so I bought it.
Now that winter is almost here, Scatpacs are getting more abundant. I may still snag one later after it gets more into winter. I sold an expensive motorcycle that wasn't getting much use, and I am working on selling another vehicle that's under appreciated just in case I decide to go forward.

ShadowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I actually hated this car with a passion when it first released, then I saw a side by side comparison of a 2013 and a 2015 and I changed my views. (Owned a 2013 5.0, and still love the look of the car).

So I compared a 2013/14 5.0, an M3 and S4/RS4, Taurus SHO, and the new Focus RS. Picked the 2016 because the updated everything, IRS, interior, etc etc, and I love the sound of a V8.

Here is the image if you were curious.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
For me the other considerations in the 25k bracket were the GTI & BRZ/FRS. They're great cars, but I'm really glad I went with the stang instead.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Mine was a spur of the moment decision as well. I had just sold my charger and was heading out to all the car dealers located near eachother on the same road. Had plans of passing through dodge, KIA, Chevy, pretty much all of them to see what I can afford. The visit to Ford was soley for the Mustang, and was more of a "kill the curiousity" visit for me, as I NEVER expected to comfortably fit in it (im 6'6 / 310)..... Turns out Ford was the first and last stop that day

OP
OP

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
Interesting choices so far. This car is still solidly at the top of my list as 'most likely to buy' this coming spring, but I have (or still am) shopping it against:

-used 911
-used base Cayman
-used base C6
-used or new 370z
-new BRZ
-used e46 / e90 M3

That's a pretty varied list, granted, but I tend to keep cars for a very long time, and given the cost of whatever's next, I want to ensure that I don't say "I should have" this time around. Yes, I do have an excel sheet to track it all, and yes, I'm that OCD and geeky :D

The better half keeps saying "you're going to end up with the Mustang" every time I talk to her about cars, lol.

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
FoST & FiST

I actually went to the dealership to buy their only FiST which had the exact options/color I wanted (I even called ahead of time so they could get it ready)........I left with a Mustang. :lol:

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
nothing. if I had to have a second choice it would be a 2015 wrx

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Got tired of looking at the dent my wife put in the '12 so I fixed it with a '15.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Mine was a spur of the moment decision as well. I had just sold my charger and was heading out to all the car dealers located near eachother on the same road. Had plans of passing through dodge, KIA, Chevy, pretty much all of them to see what I can afford. The visit to Ford was soley for the Mustang, and was more of a "kill the curiousity" visit for me, as I NEVER expected to comfortably fit in it (im 6'6 / 310)..... Turns out Ford was the first and last stop that day
Same here. I had entertained the thought of going after a SRT challenger or Charger. The prices brand new were a little out of my league. I saw the mustang and sat in it after a seat adjustment and it was completely sold. I partly wish I had test driven the scat pack charger before committing to the mustang but after driving one AFTER the fact it was happy to be in the stang. I enjoy it much more.
Sponsored