JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
GT350 Oil Cooler Supply and Return Filter Adapter

This is the GT350 Track Pack Oil Cooler Supply and Return Filter Adapter (less filter, of course)
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Are you going to be using the GT 350 Oil Filter/Supply and Return Adapter, or something else? My PP Filter Adapter has the standard integrated heat exchanger with Radiator Supply and Return lines instead of Oil lines.
At this point in development we plan to remove the factory oil cooler for our kit and utilize our Mishimoto thermostatic sandwich plate. We should have more updates on testing for you guys soon!

-Sara

Reactions: JWS

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
My experience with air to oil coolers and oil to water coolers on Coyote's is the oil to water heat exchanger does a good job, and adding an air to oil cooler in series is even better for track use. With just a Setrab 935 cooler I see 275 degree oil temps after running 20 minutes of a 30 minute session. With the two coolers in series temps stayed below 245. Only problem was the Boss cooler had very fragile fitting which would fracture where they entered the cooler body. The '15-'16 heat exchanger seems much more robust, I plan on building a cooler setup using both, just have to check that the FL-500 filter will fit with a sandwich plate in place.
Steve

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
[MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION]

Any idea on the time frame for the oil cooler? Thx

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Look like oil cooler will block Twin turbos intercooler

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
+1
also interested in diff cooler :cheers:
Definitely waiting on this
Yes, please. Haven't found anything yet. Definitely sooner than later :thumbsup:
Thank you for your suggestion! We will certainly look into offering this for the Mustang GT.

Look like oil cooler will block Twin turbos intercooler
We attempted to account for most aftermarket intercoolers in the front grill space of the GT. The back of our oil cooler is even with the wiring harness that runs along the back of the crash beam. So there should be room for an aftermarket intercooler between the crash beam and the radiator or A/C condenser.

[MENTION=9961]Mishimoto[/MENTION]

Any idea on the time frame for the oil cooler? Thx
At this point we are still in R&D phase of this project. We are waiting on some warmer weather to hit the coast to complete testing. I will keep you all in the loop on this with any updates.

-Sara

Sponsored

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
At this point we are still in R&D phase of this project. We are waiting on some warmer weather to hit the coast to complete testing. I will keep you all in the loop on this with any updates.

-Sara

Sounds like you need a tester in southern California....

DrunkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0

-Sara
Sounds like a sunny south Florida test vehicle is needed. I can help :)

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
We attempted to account for most aftermarket intercoolers in the front grill space of the GT. The back of our oil cooler is even with the wiring harness that runs along the back of the crash beam. So there should be room for an aftermarket intercooler between the crash beam and the radiator or A/C condenser.

-Sara
Is the back of the oil cooler even with the front or back of the wiring harness?

I ask because the Procharger Stage 1 intercooler fits behind the wiring harness but the Stage 2 IC requires moving the wiring harness up over the crash bar. So it sounds like the oil cooler will work with the Stage 1 but not the Stage 2, would you agree?

Thank you!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Sounds like you need a tester in southern California....
Sounds like a sunny south Florida test vehicle is needed. I can help :)
Thanks for the interest! I believe we have it on our schedule, but if we end up needing more testing, we will be sure to keep you in mind!

Is the back of the oil cooler even with the front or back of the wiring harness?

I ask because the Procharger Stage 1 intercooler fits behind the wiring harness but the Stage 2 IC requires moving the wiring harness up over the crash bar. So it sounds like the oil cooler will work with the Stage 1 but not the Stage 2, would you agree?

Thank you!
Our oil cooler was designed for the back of the oil cooler to be even with the wiring harness.

I would have to see to confirm for sure, but from your description, it sounds as if the stage 2 may be snug. Our bracket comes with slotted mounting holes for some leeway when installing, but you may need to modify the bracket slightly to fit both our oil cooler and this intercooler kit. If you want to PM me photos of your GT I would be happy to look it over with our engineers and get you a better answer.

We will be posting updates with more photos of the area in question shortly, hopefully this will provide a better look at the mounting point.

-Sara

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks for the interest! I believe we have it on our schedule, but if we end up needing more testing, we will be sure to keep you in mind!

Our oil cooler was designed for the back of the oil cooler to be even with the wiring harness.

I would have to see to confirm for sure, but from your description, it sounds as if the stage 2 may be snug. Our bracket comes with slotted mounting holes for some leeway when installing, but you may need to modify the bracket slightly to fit both our oil cooler and this intercooler kit. If you want to PM me photos of your GT I would be happy to look it over with our engineers and get you a better answer.

We will be posting updates with more photos of the area in question shortly, hopefully this will provide a better look at the mounting point.

-Sara
Thank you! I appreciate your response. Unfortunately I don't own mine quite yet but when I get it at the end of the year I will be buying this :D
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.