Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Just picked mine up. This is the receipt:

TIRE ROAD FORCE BALANCE, DRIVESHAFT SWAP, CHECK DRIVESHAFT RUN-OUT, BALANCE DRIVESHAFT, R AND R REAR HALF SHAFTS, REMOVE REAR AXLE TO INSPECT INTERNAL COMPONENTS, REINSTALL ALL COMPONENTS AND ROAD TEST, REPLACE REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY. ROAD TEST TO VERIFY REPAIR.

A quick test drive and everything seemed good. Fingers crossed.
wow how long did they have it?
Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Are they telling you that the DL vibration causes diff damage that quickly? How many miles on your car?

Chevy has amazing deals on Camaros right now... if you can stand the styling. I'm thinking maybe back to a truck although my car is actually good now. But the AC evap problem makes me really nervous since it will be out of warranty soon and it looks like at least a 1000.00 job to have it replaced.
Yes, the service manager said he had some experience with this on another Mustang, which is GOOD. I have over 8000 miles. The car cannot be kept like this. Total failures will happen right after the warranty, IMO. And to update, a diff is now ordered, we will see... Not getting a Camaro. I don't want anything else that I can afford. If this fails I will be so burnt I will just get a cheap beater and give up on driving something nice.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Yes, the service manager said he had some experience with this on another Mustang, which is GOOD. I have over 8000 miles. The car cannot be kept like this. Total failures will happen right after the warranty, IMO. And to update, a diff is now ordered, we will see... Not getting a Camaro. I don't want anything else that I can afford. If this fails I will be so burnt I will just get a cheap beater and give up on driving something nice.
You sound like me

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Well the new DS fixed the the clank that i was getting when putting the car in gear. However, it made the 50-70 mph vibration worse. At first is seemed like it helped a little, now with 500 miles on the new DS. The vibration is now from 50-80, before it was gone after 65. Will be taking it back to the dealer soon.

If you are getting a new DS recommend not calling it good until 100s miles are put on the new part.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
has anyone cured this with an aftermarket DS?
No, usually makes it worse and it's a very expensive experiment. Remember to tell the service manager that changing the pinion flange usually helps. The FSE that worked on my car said that the 2nd flange had more runout than the original but that it balanced better.
Just changing DS will not fix most of these cars unless they get lucky. They wasted 2 DS on my car before the FSE did the balancing. I also think that if the diff cradle is not aligned properly, you won't get rid of all the vibration.

blucifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT AKA Blucifer
Dealer replaced my drive shaft and still same issue made it worse, its in the shop still trying to get fixed

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Here is an important question.... Do we have any reports of 2017's with the vibration?

DrElectron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Manual Lightning Blue
Here is an important question.... Do we have any reports of 2017's with the vibration?
In this thread, JakePSD reported that his 2017 GT has DS vibration. Also, Ford SSM 45938 states that the problem happens with 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mustangs.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have improved the NVH with my stock DS on my new 2016 GT PP by:

-raising the rear of the IRS cradle .250" by removing the sag in the rear bushings

-dropping the front of the IRS cradle down .551" via shims

-dropping the transmission angle down, by shimming the cross member down .250"

This has resulted in the best working angles I have found, basing the results strictly from driveline angles and how they relate to the NVH of the driveline at multiple driving speeds.

The above has placed my engine/trans angle down 3.5~degrees, and the rear pinion flange angle up about 2.9~degrees.

Now, I have not had much time to test this modification for durability, or for negative consequences, or ill wanted suspension geometry changes - as I have been simply working to improve the NVH that I believe is affiliated with the driveline due to what I believe to be poor working angles..
Any updates with prolonged use or durability?

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Is the vibration present right away or do some develop over time?

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
From most reports, it is there at day one. We need a sticky to keep people from buying defective ones. They should sit on the lot and rot so Ford has to buy them back. I should have rejected mine, I thought they could fix it. Some have said it showed after a thousand miles. Not so sure. Maybe after the newness wore off and you stopped flooring it all the time. There is also the factor of many just being driven this way, the owners either don't notice because they are not used to a refined car or they have so many loud mods that it covers it up. I can't hear or feel mine with radio up and windows down. I think there are a ton of undiagnosed defective Mustangs out there. I have drive 3 V6's. Two of them had the vibration. I am interested in driving a new or used GT or other model to see what I notice.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
dropped mine off at the dealer again today. Hopefully they will look at it now that is is fully back to stock