Sponsored

Unlocking the mustang without a key?

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Look at 22:22 of the Jay Leno video... you'll see three small bars on the top portion of the door handle.

Bada boom.

Sponsored

OP
OP
brookdo

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Race Red
I don't see it. Which side if the door handle? I was looking at the BMW comfort access system today. It was pretty neat. Hope the one this Mustang uses will be similar!

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
The way by bmw worked is when you reached for the handle the car would unlock. When you got out and slide the back of your hand across the handle it would lock. No buttons or anything like that.
This is exactly how my wife's Focus ST works. There's a sensor on the inside of the door handle to unlock the car and another on the outside of the handle to lock the car.

Of course, it only works when the car key is within range of the car and is outside of the car (i.e. no one can walk up when you're stopped at a light and just open your locked car door). On my wife's car there are 8 key sensors, 5 on the outside (one for each door) and 3 on the inside (for engine start).

Sponsored

OP
OP
brookdo

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Race Red
Awesome! That's exactly what I wanted to see! Thanks!! Looks like it will work just like the bmw comfort access. I do wonder if it will roll the windows up for you. Here is a video on the BMW comfort access system.
[ame]

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
pretty sure with fords system you can control the window up down with the key

S550 64G

Threads
Reaction score
This is exactly how my wife's Focus ST works. There's a sensor on the inside of the door handle to unlock the car and another on the outside of the handle to lock the car.

Of course, it only works when the car key is within range of the car and is outside of the car (i.e. no one can walk up when you're stopped at a light and just open your locked car door). On my wife's car there are 8 key sensors, 5 on the outside (one for each door) and 3 on the inside (for engine start).
5 on the outside? Only the front doors have the sensors.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
5 on the outside? Only the front doors have the sensors.
All of the doors on her ST feature intelligent access (i.e. unlock at a touch). The 4 cabin doors have sensors inside the door handles while the hatch door has a physical button like the one pictured for the '15 Mustang trunk. Only the front doors have the lock sensors, so you're right there.

AFAIK, there are 5 key transponder antenna/sensors on the outside of the car (one for each door) and 3 inside the cabin.

Sponsored

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
My 'Speed has 5 sensors exterior and 4 interior. One in each door, on in the rear bumper for entry, and one in center console.

Then three sensors for ignition.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Except the 2015 Mustang is Completely Keyless... No Keyholes, No Ignition.
you keep a transponder fob with you that can perform the usual keyless functions from a distance, lock, unlock, open the trunk. with fords system on automatic cars intelligent access comes standard with a remote start function. and you can hold a button down to remotely lower, raise the windows.

uh-oh

aBROham lincoln
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has four wheels.
Just found this about the Ford Explorer:
"Keep your keys in your pocket to gain access to the Explorer. It’s pretty much that simple, thanks to the Intelligent Access with push-button start feature. Simply have the Intelligent Access key in your pocket or purse near the driver’s door. (The system senses when the key is nearby.) Then touch the door handle to unlock the driver’s door or all the doors. Once inside, just press the brake pedal and then the start button. Shift into gear and go. Standard on the Explorer Limited."

All you have to do is put your hand on the door handle and it will unlock. The explorer does have a button to lock it back so not sure if you would be able to lock it this way on the mustang. Also this video shows how it works on the explorer. Pretty cool.

Oh and thanks for the pics and other info!
My girlfriend's accord works the same way. The only problem (and this may go more for women than for men, unless you're one of the trendy hipsters with your manpur- er, satchel) is that you get so used to not having to use the key for anything they can get misplaced relatively easily.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Maybe one of the "never seen before" tech features will be an imbedded chip... :)
Sponsored