Tailgaters

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
The worst, hate the left lane campers with a passion. In Cali its legal to stay on the left lane (not for passing only). BUT if I am cruising 80 in the left lane and there is a car coming faster behind me, I change lanes to let them pass. Simple as that. What I see often is a big bus, truck, or a Tesla/Prius driving 65 in the fast lane. Now I have to go around another car next to it, passing on the right, telling you that's what causes many accidents slow drivers have a big blame.
Every day on the 15. šŸ˜’
Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, so I shouldn't throw a handfull of chromoly steel 1/2" ball bearings out the window and behind me when this happens?
We have a quick-release system for ours! We replaced the cigarette lighter with a special button to release them from a rear-ward facing release tube where our backup camera used to be.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
My BIL, an otherwise super nice guy is a pretty bad tailgater. He doesn't road rage or anything like that, just a scary driver in that he doesn't leave space in front. He's totaled like 3 cars in the time i've known him, (15 years or so) i dont even want to know what his insurance rates are.

I dont know how people do it.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I let everyone go by if they want and I donā€™t drive slow. Whatever it takes to let them move on. They are doing me a solid by scouting ahead as far as Iā€™m concerned. More power to them. I have zero ego about this type of thing and refuse to be bothered.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I experience this every now and then (I assume the car attracts dopes like that) but it has happened a lot the last 2 days. Yesterday afternoon on my way home with my daughter from school, a brand new M2 (ugly as sin BTW) decided he needed to be right on my a$$ for almost the entirety of our 10 minute ride home (and half that trip is on 4 lane roads so he couldā€™ve gone around if he was in that big of a hurry). Encountered 2 more on my way to and from taking my daughter to school this morning, Altima and an Infiniti G37. I donā€™t drive at the exact speed limit so itā€™s not like I was impeding traffic or anything.
Anyway, especially with my kids in the car, I have zero patience for people like that so I finally lost it and decided to keep up foreign relations (if youā€™re old enough youā€™ll get the movie reference). I try to control that as much as possible because you never know what someone will do but I was especially irritated with these latest tailgaters for whatever reason.

So PSA, donā€™t be an a$$hat and tailgate people. That is all, have a lovely day!
well if you're in the left lane on a 4 lane highway and you don't move over I'm going to draft you to save fuel.

Sponsored

Boosted_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M5
I think this example is probably UK specific as most roads are single lane here. There's a phenomenon known as the '40 everywhere driver'. They are typically quite old and only drive at one speed no matter what. This means they tail gate the shit out of you in a residential street with a 30 limit then hold up absolutely everything and everyone on a country road with a national limit (60mph). It's very annoying.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Yep, I see that often. Some smart-ass (or dumb-ass, both work) who recognize that they're "out of jurisdiction." Still, that's just stupid. I met a cop recently who takes his vehicle home to another county. He said he avoids the highways when commuting to and from work just to avoid this type of situation.
If it were me, Iā€™d call the other agency on the phone or radio, identify myself and let them get behind that vehicle. Done. Because when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Every day on the 15. šŸ˜’
I knew you were from CA when I saw "the" in front of the freeway number.
I am the same.....The 5, The 15, The 405, etc
Do people in other states say it that way too? I have been told it was a CA thing by coworkers.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Yeah, it's a Cali thing. Here in Northern Ohio, we just say 71, 77, 271, 480, etc.

Last edited:

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
I let everyone go by if they want and I donā€™t drive slow. Whatever it takes to let them move on. They are doing me a solid by scouting ahead as far as Iā€™m concerned. More power to them. I have zero ego about this type of thing and refuse to be bothered.
I usually set the cruise at 10-15 over on the freeway (normal flow of traffic) and hang out in the number 3 lane as much as possible. Really only use the 4 for passing, but with the way everyone around here drives, I usually pass in the 2 or 1.

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
I knew you were from CA when I saw "the" in front of the freeway number.
I am the same.....The 5, The 15, The 405, etc
Do people in other states say it that way too? I have been told it was a CA thing by coworkers.
It's an easy habit to pick up though. My wife is from a small town in Oklahoma and picked it up like day 2 of being here.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It seems so natural to me, but makes sense from when it was the San Diego Freeway or the Santa Ana Freeway, etc.

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
It seems so natural to me, but makes sense from when it was the San Diego Freeway or the Santa Ana Freeway, etc.
It's just easier that way. Not all the freeways are Interstates, but they are all "the". Lol.
Sponsored