Sponsored

Some Jealous Ass**** keyed my car. Need advice...

Fisticuffs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Tri Coat Yellow
***Update***

By some miracle I was able to get the Ford dealer I bought the car from to fix the scratches.
In addition to that I was given a 3 year free maintenance service and a loaner car for a week all for $500.

This is something that should have cost $1500 to have ford fix plus the rental for a week $200-400 easy and the maintenance $300+.

This was due because I had a horrible buying experience and lite the dealership up on the survey.
When I say bad I mean bad, I lived 2 hours away and had to make multiple trip due to bait and switch tactics which were just the beginning of my ordeal. I wanted a 6 speed, yellow, PP, non premium. The dealer said they just found one someone couldn't secure financing and it was available, I was excited made the 2 hour trip and as soon as I sat down they handed me the window sticker and it was for a premium.....at that point I knew they were either trying to screw me or completely incompetent and I'm leaning towards the former. That's just a little taste of my experience, not even 20% of what I went through. Due to the rarity of the car and the distance I traveled I think they might have thought they had me over a barrel and used that to their advantage. Fortunately, for me I got the car I wanted for the price but that was after getting dragged through the coals.
It took 3 weeks for them to pay my trade off as well, I had to make a payment in a car I didn't have due to them misplacing the paperwork and it was only due to my bank calling threatening me that I knew the dealer didn't pay......
The GM called me and said he can help with the scratches along with the other things to make it right. Talk about service recovery.
There is a second survey which will be sent out and as long as I don't get screwed or the paint job looks like ?!$& I'll give them a great score.
Right now I waiting for the car to be fixed, it's at the body shop right now but I have a rental so I'm in no rush.
Sometimes the bar eats you and sometimes you eat the bar....

***I'll post pics once I pick the car up.

Well I bought a 2015 GT triple yellow and 2 days after some jealous :mad:**** keyed my car at my place overnight.
Long story short my insurance deductible is $500 and I've had a dent in a door before and once insurance gets involved your rates climb and also you get a dirty carfax. A door ding showed up as a side collision in my Beemer, so getting t-boned by a car is the same as an door ding. So I'm paying out of pocket.
Maaco want $560 and will use DuPont OEM paint and I feel even with there rep would be ok.
Other body shops are anywhere between $700 and $1200.
I'm planning on having the car for at least 3 years so I want to have the panels painted right.

Anyone know what I can do to get the best bang for my buck?
I really don't want to spend my intake and exhaust budget on scaratches but I can't stand these marks.

* I'm moving into a place with a garage soon mid April. I'm thinking about fixing it then, I've fixed body panels before. Touch up paint then wet sand then repeat to make it passable in the meantime. Then once I move have it professionally done.
My roush cat back, bama tune and air raid now have to wait.......worst part if I get it fixed the same ****er who most likely lives in my gated complex would love nothing more then to re key a fresh paint job.
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
There's a reason why triple yellow costs more... It's going to be a challenge to color match so I would not just go with a low bidder. Whoever you choose, make sure they guarantee their work will match and will respray if it doesn't.

Good Luck!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just my $ 0.02... NEVER EVER consider Maaco. Parents used to own a bodyshop and I have seen first hand some of Maaco's work. Absolutely terrible with little to no prep work done before painting was the common theme. We had a car come in for some repair work to the front bumper one time. The car had a "custom" paint job from Maaco and it was laughable... The clear coat was like sand paper and they didn't bother properly prepping anything. It was actually hard for us to do the repair because we had to match the paint with the rest of the car. Obviously not all Maaco's will be the same but from my experience they should be avoided at all costs. Search around your area and do some research on the body shops you have got estimates from. They might cost a bit more then Maaco but it will be worth it.

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
Damn that sucks hard. The hood mark looks...bad, but the other two don't look bad enough to not even attempt to fix them on your own. There are some good tutorials out there on how to fix light scratches like that. I would try that before I went to maaco anyway.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I can't imagine not having a garage... I'd never rest knowing she's out in the open for any and all...people and elements. This really sucks for you, sorry man.

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
So sorry to see this. Silver lining....time for a new front bumper. Complete painted Roush kit sounds good about now.

That'd be my choice. You should also invest in a nice camera security system. Works wonders to keep people away!

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Just my $ 0.02... NEVER EVER consider Maaco. Parents used to own a bodyshop and I have seen first hand some of Maaco's work. Absolutely terrible with little to no prep work done before painting was the common theme. We had a car come in for some repair work to the front bumper one time. The car had a "custom" paint job from Maaco and it was laughable... The clear coat was like sand paper and they didn't bother properly prepping anything. It was actually hard for us to do the repair because we had to match the paint with the rest of the car. Obviously not all Maaco's will be the same but from my experience they should be avoided at all costs. Search around your area and do some research on the body shops you have got estimates from. They might cost a bit more then Maaco but it will be worth it.
Agreed. Don't go near them. They are not worth it. I am talking from previous experience. Sorry to hear about your car.

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Do you live in a dodgy neighborhood? If I did, I would just stare outside my window for that kid to come back. Then I'll go super saiyan on his ass.

OP
OP
Fisticuffs

Fisticuffs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Tri Coat Yellow
I live in Miami......... Where I should be lucky they didn't light my car on fire....in a gated apartment complex where a 2/2 is $1800 a month and your car gets vandalized 48 hours after you buy it.
In mid April I'll be in a garbed house. So until then I'm sleeping in my car with an anti vandalism device on my person.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
NEVER EVER USE MAACO!!! For the love of God man Noooooo!

Sponsored

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
maybe he didnt like the color

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Hey bud. I got your visitor message. I'm sure you meant to PM me.

I don't sell parts, so you'd have to go with a vendor.

I'd reach out to Hypermotive and see what they can do for you on a Roush front end.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I live in Miami......... Where I should be lucky they didn't light my car on fire....in a gated apartment complex where a 2/2 is $1800 a month and your car gets vandalized 48 hours after you buy it.
In mid April I'll be in a garbed house. So until then I'm sleeping in my car with an anti vandalism device on my person.
I know it sucks but... maybe a good idea to wait until you move rather than risk more?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I can't imagine not having a garage... I'd never rest knowing she's out in the open for any and all...people and elements. This really sucks for you, sorry man.
You deal. I've never had a garage in my life, always park in the street. Dings and dents and scratches happen; you live with it.

With the jeying, i'd be less worried about cosmetics and more worried about rust. I'd probably cover it over with clear nail polish.
Sponsored